Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ok, this is awesome! And also, 100% nobody but Gambit could get away with that butt pinch even before they tied the knot.
    Oh absolutely. And even then, it would've been risky for him
    Make Good Art

Non-spoiler review - Pretty nice showing for Remy in Captain Marvel 45! He was quite instrumental. Also hints that Rogue might still be on the board ... maybe?

Wish issue 46 was out sooner!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yes! I loved this issue. Kelly does a pretty good job of balancing the team and letting everyone do something, but I was all for the Gambit and Laura panels. They both had some great moments. Hoping to see Rogue join in soon!
    Make Good Art

Yup yup. I can’t wait to see Rogue join up. KT really keeps you wanting the next issue.

Happy New Year to Rogue and Gambit and all the fans of their relationship! My wife and I have this email thread where we post couples from fiction that remind us of us and one of the first ones was Remy and Rogue. Mainly because I'm way more tenacious than her and most of the time she's like "not now, lol".
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yes! I loved this issue. Kelly does a pretty good job of balancing the team and letting everyone do something, but I was all for the Gambit and Laura panels. They both had some great moments. Hoping to see Rogue join in soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Yup yup. I canÂ’t wait to see Rogue join up. KT really keeps you wanting the next issue.
    Now that we're past the spoilers embargo ... I loved that Remy knew it wasn't his Rogue and did his whole lurking in the shadows thing to quietly tip off Psylocke. Kind of felt like a subtle call back to the time he snuck up on Betsy when she was snooping in his mind during his coma. But it was also great that Gambit got to be the character to free the others because he's such a BAMF. I also liked his little bit of snarking with Carol and that Carol actually cared he was injured. The moment with all the Brood coming from above was pretty awesome too. And I really enjoyed Remy saying Laura would be SO grumpy and wanting to alert her after Psylocke.

So what do you all think? Is the other signature Rogue? Or someone else perhaps?! And if it's not Rogue, where is she/how will she rejoin!?

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Happy New Year to Rogue and Gambit and all the fans of their relationship! My wife and I have this email thread where we post couples from fiction that remind us of us and one of the first ones was Remy and Rogue. Mainly because I'm way more tenacious than her and most of the time she's like "not now, lol".
    Awww, that's quite sweet! And funny!

Mighty Member

I'm 99% certain it's rogue. Thompson is incredibly unlikely to kill heroes unless it is explicitly an alt universe/timeline

I'm trying to stay optimistic and hopeful, but realistic for Rogue and Gambit volume 2. Not letting Kelly write it feels like a huge mistake, but I guess other writers will need a chance to carry on the story sooner or later and Stephanie Phillips comes well regarded. I'm glad at least Marvel is giving them a book and a purpose. Definitely anxious about how Remy and Destiny will be handled though.

It's funny, just that one panel that Leah Williams gave us in X-Terminators of them playing baseball with the kids was so fulfilling. I'd love to see more mentorship from them. It's anyone's guess what Fall of X could bring.
    Agreed! I’m feeling burned on Thompson’s behalf, but I like the crumbs she and Williams have been doing their best to give us, and I’m excited for Phillips.

Fingers crossed that Thompson gets to write them after the X-office’s next editorial shakeup. She did so much heavy-lifting and cleaning up other writers’ messes with her writing in Gold, R&G and MMX, and she deserves to play in the sandbox she helped create.

It’s pretty weird to go from a team book that was a stealth solo to a solo book that showcases teamwork. I have only read R&G and MMX, so I had no idea what a KT team book would look like. I’m so psyched and impressed. There seems to be real affection and thoughtfulness given to each character. Look at all these queens polishing each others’ crowns!

I also enjoyed Gambit emerging from the shadows like: ‘my romy senses are tingling. that ain’t my wife.’
    Other all good things:
    Little personal moment between Carol and Spider-woman. I know nothing about Spider-Woman, but maybe I want to, especially if she’s ‘the funny one.’

Laura’s overall personality. She’s all about being told what to do by a dominant woman apparently, lol.

Gambit freeing the team and being all quip-py and chatty through the whole ordeal.

The artist captured the horror aspects perfectly. The Brood seriously giving the right amount of heebie-jeebies. One bug is gross, but en masse is triggering. Ugh ugh ugh! Kill it with fire.

Horror (or Scooby Doo) Trope! Splitting up the team, oh noes! And it’s a TRAP. AND some but not all are infested with Broodlings, aaauuugh! I need the next episode now!

I wonder if the next book will follow one team, or go back and forth between the two POVs? Carol seems to be anticipating finding Binary by taking Psylocke with her, but why does she need a telepath for that and what if the other team finds Binary and they don’t have Psylocke?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    It’s pretty weird to go from a team book that was a stealth solo to a solo book that showcases teamwork. I have only read R&G and MMX, so I had no idea what a KT team book would look like. I’m so psyched and impressed. There seems to be real affection and thoughtfulness given to each character. Look at all these queens polishing each others’ crowns!
    Personally I think team dynamics are a strong suit for Kelly. Her West Coast Avengers run was a total hoot and team dynamics have been a big part of making her Captain Marvel and Black Widow runs great.

I also enjoyed Gambit emerging from the shadows like: ‘my romy senses are tingling. that ain’t my wife.’
    Other all good things:
    Little personal moment between Carol and Spider-woman. I know nothing about Spider-Woman, but maybe I want to, especially if she’s ‘the funny one.’
    Spiderwoman is honestly such an underrated great character. The latest run with Karla Pacheco was decent and had our hero Pere Perez on art. But the Dennis Hopeless run was honestly one of my favorite comic runs ever. If you're a parent, you will feel very seen.

Laura’s overall personality. She’s all about being told what to do by a dominant woman apparently, lol.

Gambit freeing the team and being all quip-py and chatty through the whole ordeal.

The artist captured the horror aspects perfectly. The Brood seriously giving the right amount of heebie-jeebies. One bug is gross, but en masse is triggering. Ugh ugh ugh! Kill it with fire.

Horror (or Scooby Doo) Trope! Splitting up the team, oh noes! And it’s a TRAP. AND some but not all are infested with Broodlings, aaauuugh! I need the next episode now!

I wonder if the next book will follow one team, or go back and forth between the two POVs? Carol seems to be anticipating finding Binary by taking Psylocke with her, but why does she need a telepath for that and what if the other team finds Binary and they don’t have Psylocke?
    Ohhhhh good point! Never split the party! LOL

I was chatting on Discord and thinking how much I appreciate that Kelly remembers that Gambit's pain tolerance ridiculousness is only surpassed by his absolute pragmatism and that he is a BAMF with or without his powers.

Pair up this appearance with what Claremont gave us last week in X-Treme where Gambit has taken on the primary task of tracking down Ogun and Rogue is still kicking ass regardless of her depowered state and things are looking great for Romy rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    Agreed! I’m feeling burned on Thompson’s behalf, but I like the crumbs she and Williams have been doing their best to give us, and I’m excited for Phillips.

Fingers crossed that Thompson gets to write them after the X-office’s next editorial shakeup. She did so much heavy-lifting and cleaning up other writers’ messes with her writing in Gold, R&G and MMX, and she deserves to play in the sandbox she helped create.
    Yeahhhh it would be great to see her working with Al Ewing and Gerry Duggan. Really hard to say though. It depends on what they're doing for Fall of X and what direction editorial wants there and how much we're still on the Hickman long term Krakoa plan. Not counting on big shake ups in that department myself, but who knows. It doesn't seem like Marvel keeps writers around as long as they used to, which is a bummer for long form story telling and also if you like a writer, but better news when you are frustrated with a writing team I guess?

I was chatting on Discord and thinking how much I appreciate that Kelly remembers that Gambit's pain tolerance ridiculousness is only surpassed by his absolute pragmatism and that he is a BAMF with or without his powers.

Pair up this appearance with what Claremont gave us last week in X-Treme where Gambit has taken on the primary task of tracking down Ogun and Rogue is still kicking ass regardless of her depowered state and things are looking great for Romy rep.
    Yep, we have been getting a lot of quality content between Captain Marvel and X-Treme. It is so nice!

Also, there is a Rogue and Gambit discord? I have yet to actually join a discord and am honestly not sure what they are, but it sure seems like everyone is getting into them. I always seem to be the last to join things like that where social media is concerned. I never did join Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr(kind of wish I had), and it was a big leap for me to join Reddit and Twitch a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yep, we have been getting a lot of quality content between Captain Marvel and X-Treme. It is so nice!

Also, there is a Rogue and Gambit discord? I have yet to actually join a discord and am honestly not sure what they are, but it sure seems like everyone is getting into them. I always seem to be the last to join things like that where social media is concerned. I never did join Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr(kind of wish I had), and it was a big leap for me to join Reddit and Twitch a couple years ago.
    The Discord is basically a private forum (invitation only) with somewhat tighter moderation than an open forum. It's a smallish group and not always super active, but a pretty nice group of dedicated Romy fans with several fanfic writers and/or readers and a couple fan artists including the tiny cohort planning and running Rogue and Gambit fanworks week and also most of the group planning the Fanzine. I can PM you an invitation link if you want. It's very low pressure! LOL

Awww, that's quite sweet! And funny!
    Thanks, we try, lol.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Have to give credit where credit is due. This is great writing by KT as everyone seems to have a role and a chance to showcase their skills.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.