Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    The gala is a month away and we have no design for Rogue and Gambit.
    Do you think they will not appear? That is a super secret design? Maybe they will wear their uniform to show off ?
    They already fooled us with Remy's look last year. lol
    Attachment 132422
    I still can't believe they didn't use the Dauterman design.
    Yeah, they're being SUPER cagey about the Gala in general and I expect something goes "wrong" at the end of this R&G mini leaving Romy in a doubtful or split relationship status ... or at least they want us to think that's what is happening by not giving us any straight answers about their status in Uncanny Avengers/Dark X-Men and not giving them any Gala looks.

If they think this is a carrot, they're wrong. I just feel annoyed about the whole thing!

Yeah, that's what I think too, they're going to leave us wondering about the status of their relationship until the end of both Dark X men and Uncanny Avengers.

Cheap trick in my opinion, at least it doesn't work for me. I have some interest in Dark because it seems something different, but 0 interest in Uncanny Avengers.

Anyway there are a lot of X-men without outfits for the Gala, I have the feeling that this year there are more non-mutants with outfits than mutants.

Even if G&R are still an item at the end of their mini and in the Gala it won’t matter anyway because there is a “months long” gap between the Gala and the start of all the FoX minis so they’ll just reset whatever status quo they want off panel. Because why show character development in a comic book? Bo-ring. Just make with with WORLD ENDING EVENTS and FEATS OF STRENGTH. That’s all anyone cares about.

Hey all, just a quick reminder that artist and writer contributor applications are due this Saturday, June 17th for Home & Harbor, a Rogue and Gambit fanzine.

Don't be shy! https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/...k&chromeless=1

Rogue being in the new Gala trailer and Remy getting the shaft (yet again) is not endearing me to Marvel nor giving me any encouragement about whatever they're up to in this miniseries or FoX.

Anyway, I assume the spoilers will be on Twitter by morning for R&G and Captain Marvel.

I have so many mixed thoughts about all of this.

On one hand I think they are playing games to make us question what will happen to their relationship. That's why they are giving us crumbs.
    But they are playing that with Jean and Scott also and repeating the plot with two couples is stupid and lazy.

If they expect us to be expectant or intrigued is getting the opposite I feel more and more apathy.

On the other hand I think that in almost four years of Krakoa Rogue and Gambit have not been relevant at any time and I don't think they will start to be now, so maybe they are just filler.

Smile

They think Rogue fans thirsty for content will actually shell out the extra $ for this year’s Hellfire Gala floppy since she’s in that trailer, huh. Meanwhile, Remy is AWOL. Again.

Sorry. They weren’t able to fool me last year, and this year, there’s not even a variant cover to waste money on. No Rogue, Gambit, Storm, Mystique, Kwannon, Monet, Dazzler?… I’m good.

(…unless… is there a Mystique/Destiny one I just forgot about…?)

Astonishing Member

I think mystique and destiny are supposed to be in it, but I could be wrong (lack of favorites is also causing me to have less interest.)

Five years ago this happened!
    Not the best of times for Romy fans but Mr & Mrs X will find their way back to each other.

229075552c808839e41fbb69daa930eb.jpg
    Besides, 5 years in the real world is about 10 months in the Marvel Universe, so leave them alone.

This just reminds me of how into this wedding I was when it happened, and then Marvel went and made a mess of it.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Not the best of times for Romy fans but Mr & Mrs X will find their way back to each other.

Besides, 5 years in the real world is about 10 months in the Marvel Universe, so leave them alone.
    Yup! Home and Harbor!
    Make Good Art

Still such a wonderful surprise and extremely well received. Do you remember how this made the actual news?!

Leave it to Marvel to waste and screw around with a beloved couple rather than give the readers what we clearly keep signaling we want more of.

Marvel, you owe us another 25 years at least or at least have the decency to wait until I'm dead to @#$% this up.

I just want them to outlast Jean and Cyclops for longer lasting marriage before adultery. 2 1/2 more years to go...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Still such a wonderful surprise and extremely well received. Do you remember how this made the actual news?!

Leave it to Marvel to waste and screw around with a beloved couple rather than give the readers what we clearly keep signaling we want more of.

Marvel, you owe us another 25 years at least or at least have the decency to wait until I'm dead to @#$% this up.
    This is a publisher were people in charge frequently expressed the opinion and acted on it, that one of their most beloved super heros being happily married to his "destined" (let's face it after decades of being teased MJ is endgame) girlfriend, is in some way problematic for his appeal, relatability or image and needs to be erased or otherwise interrupted, even though the majority of fans seem to have not only accepted but downright loved it.

Which might be tied to Marvel's struggle with creating firm end points for their heros, because of still adhering to a by now paradoxical deformed and twisted perpetual continuity which actualy makes their comics and the stories by now potentialy unappealing, unrelatable and harms their image for new readers.

And this is made worse by the american comic market being now dominated by works which might also run for decades but are still designed to eventualy reach an end point, which means any and all developments are actualy acknowledged and worked into a story instead of frequently erased and reset to an "ideal" earlier point.

At least now a whole generation of fans far beyond the comic readers have been exposed to the idea that not only does Peter Parker deserve a happy marriage, but also that he can have a daughter aswell. This is now in their minds as the destined future for him.

As for Romy.

The two have been teased as couple for almost 30 years now, longer than either existed beforehand and no alternative partner for either has ever emerged which managed to either stick out as dominant image or replaced them as couple in most fans minds.

While it's clear and should be acceptable that not every fan of either character feels this should be the case, it never the less seems like they are one of Marvel's "destined couples" by now in most fans' minds. As such it seems similar counterproductive and futile for Marvel writers and editors to prevent them from being a thing, just like with Peter Parker and MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    This is a publisher were people in charge frequently expressed the opinion and acted on it, that one of their most beloved super heros being happily married to his "destined" (let's face it after decades of being teased MJ is endgame) girlfriend, is in some way problematic for his appeal, relatability or image and needs to be erased or otherwise interrupted, even though the majority of fans seem to have not only accepted but downright loved it.

Which might be tied to Marvel's struggle with creating firm end points for their heros, because of still adhering to a by now paradoxical deformed and twisted perpetual continuity which actualy makes their comics and the stories by now potentialy unappealing, unrelatable and harms their image for new readers.

And this is made worse by the american comic market being now dominated by works which might also run for decades but are still designed to eventualy reach an end point, which means any and all developments are actualy acknowledged and worked into a story instead of frequently erased and reset to an "ideal" earlier point.

At least now a whole generation of fans far beyond the comic readers have been exposed to the idea that not only does Peter Parker deserve a happy marriage, but also that he can have a daughter aswell. This is now in their minds as the destined future for him.

As for Romy.

The two have been teased as couple for almost 30 years now, longer than either existed beforehand and no alternative partner for either has ever emerged which managed to either stick out as dominant image or replaced them as couple in most fans minds.

While it's clear and should be acceptable that not every fan of either character feels this should be the case, it never the less seems like they are one of Marvel's "destined couples" by now in most fans' minds. As such it seems similar counterproductive and futile for Marvel writers and editors to prevent them from being a thing, just like with Peter Parker and MJ.
    Yes and it’s further hampered with their inability to set waypoints. As a purely hypothetical question let’s say that Gambit&Rogue have an endpoint. Is it to get married? Nah they already are.
    Is it to be happily married? Define that? X amount of years married?
    House? They have several.
    Pets? Cats a plenty.
    Children? Unclear if that is what marvel wants but even so the endpoint in such case would then either be birth of (all kids, so last kid being born). Or:
    Children having adventures like in X-Men the end? Then we still have roughly 13-18 years after birth to go.
    Remy or Anna dying? Well then they can do whatever before that in such case.

With Peter marriage was ok but is no longer. Kids was and is on the table, Mayday, Annie, Benji. Even though they are talking about the vague “MJ is his end” without even trying to define how that end would look like.

So whatever endpoint Marvel has must be something that we want to see for it to be worth it and also one of these points. But many of those moments don’t negate each others. So Marvel really has no excuse in being unwilling to even get to point B of a A-Q course. It’s just excuses for not wanting to do something.

All in all I stand by my belief that marvel will never reach these ends before the whole American comic publishing industry go belly up. I am not counting a sloppy ending enacted when the writing is on the wall.
    Last edited by Malachi; 06-21-2023 at 07:24 AM.