Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

I understand that Marvel is a business and as such it wants to make money.
    But the way they want to gain new readers by reverting every few years the evolution of their characters to the starting point is ridiculous. I doubt very much that this strategy will make Marvel gain more readers than they lose. But who knows because they have been doing it for years.

And honestly, I don't understand what they are doing with Spiderman, being their most popular character, with the widest fan base and they do the opposite of what the fans would like for the character. I don't get it, but it makes me realize that if Marvel doesn't respect Spiderman I can't expect to do it with Romy.

Great. Just great.

UNCANNY AVENGERS #2 (OF 5)
    At a time when mutant and human relations are in the toilet, the Uncanny Avengers have run smack into a new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and, folks, lemme tell you—they came here to beat up Avengers and X-Men and chew gum, and they’re all outta gum. Wake up, babe, a new romance hits that will make readers froth at the mouth. Plus, Ben Urich. Always the mark of a quality and important Marvel Comic. FOOM!
    Yeah, I can't see fans "frothing" at the mouth just because Kwannon or Monet enter into a new relationship. It's not looking good.

Also, it looks like Maggott will be making an appearance in the Dark X-Men series. I have always super wanted him and Gambit to meet each other. I hope Foxe doesn't have Gambit make a bad impression on Maggott and Gimmick, the two X-characters I have been most interested in seeing him interact with.

Sigh...I hope it's Captain Krakoa and Captain America.

Anyway, we have already lost this battle the only thing we can do is not to buy those comics .Duggan is willing to write all the romances that people hate, just to screw with the fans. And he has 3 books.

Sigh ...

My initial reaction was Monet and Pietro.
    It says "new romance" so Rogue/Deadpool's not really new...and isn't Wade in a relationship with Valentine in his solo series?
    If it happens to be Rogue that hooks up, it'll probably be Cap or maybe Kwannon?
    Last edited by Sparta; 06-22-2023 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Great. Just great.

Yeah, I can't see fans "frothing" at the mouth just because Kwannon or Monet enter into a new relationship. It's not looking good.

Also, it looks like Maggott will be making an appearance in the Dark X-Men series. I have always super wanted him and Gambit to meet each other. I hope Foxe doesn't have Gambit make a bad impression on Maggott and Gimmick, the two X-characters I have been most interested in seeing him interact with.
    Seeing that Rogue will do something in issue 5 and then apparently be very relaxed at the gala an UX, while Remy is in Dark X-men, It might be some sort of memory reset going on. So perhaps Remy helps her by wiping her memory and taking the blame.
    Preparing myself for a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    My initial reaction was Monet and Pietro.
    It says "new romance" so Rogue/Deadpool's not really new...and isn't Wade's in a relationship with Valentine in his solo series?
    If it happens to be Rogue that hooks up, it'll probably be Cap or maybe Kwannon?
    Yes Cap and Rogue(which makes very little sense and has even less chemistry). Unless Cap has someone these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes Cap and Rogue(which makes very little sense and has even less chemistry). Unless Cap has someone these days.
    Steve only loves Sharon Carter

Steve is with Sharon Carter. Deadpool also has a new love interest in his book. I think it's gonna be Pietro and Monet, but Duggan has been teasing a yet-to-be-announced secret member, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Steve is with Sharon Carter. Deadpool also has a new love interest in his book. I think it's gonna be Pietro and Monet, but Duggan has been teasing a yet-to-be-announced secret member, so who knows.
    Good to hear. I honetsly can't see him and Rogue as a couple. Good friends perhaps but not more.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Duggan stuck another self-insert with Rogue, but tbh, we're also dealing with a solicit, which always tend to blow things out of proportion, purposefully to draw reader attention
    Make Good Art

Duggan has with Rogue what Bendis had with Kitty Pryde.

"Insert male character that romance his favorite female character"

Lets hope is not Rogue . Besides............ I Love Romy yup (regards my avatar darlings, in fact i love Rogneto more yes.. But because Rogue will be threated like a Queen instead as Mutant Anna Faris (is Not Remy Fault's) )

But the fandome will explode if Rogue and Cap were together..

At this point I refuse to put anything from FoX on my pull list unless R&G pulls its head out of it's own a$$ by end of issue #5.

And really I'll only consider reading UA or Dark X-Men after I hear some solidly good reviews from other fans. I'm so done. I'm just absolutely sick of being disappointed by X-books after the last 3 years and now having them tease us with this kind of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Duggan has with Rogue what Bendis had with Kitty Pryde.

"Insert male character that romance his favorite female character"

Lets hope is not Rogue . Besides............ I Love Romy yup (regards my avatar darlings, in fact i love Rogneto more yes.. But because Rogue will be threated like a Queen instead as Mutant Anna Faris (is Not Remy Fault's) )

But the fandome will explode if Rogue and Cap were together..
    The whole “frothing at the mouth”… was that part actually meant to be a hint… as in, rabies? Like, say… a raccoon?

Is this anything?

Kidding. (God, I hope lmfao.)

But also, to be fair… I think you forgot, like, 20+ other middle-aged cishet male writers/editors/screenwriters guilty of pulling that gross bullshit every time they get their greasy hands on Kitty Pryde. It’s honestly still unbelievable that that character - out of ALL OF THE X-MEN - is the one who almost got a solo movie at Fox before the merger, thanks to Miller and Bendis. (Just… yikes.)

But I guess being shouted out by Rivers Cuomo in a song should have been my clue from day one re: her whole mystifying “catnip for creepers” role.

(…or “katnip”, as current editorial would say.)

FB_IMG_1687459310540.jpg

Since Marvel can't seem to manage, leave it to the fans! Art of Lucas delivering on the Rogue and Gambit content we truly deserve.

At this point my next best hope for a Rogue and Gambit book I might enjoy is the one in September.

I refuse to get excited for Dark X-Men or Uncanny Avengers until Marvel proves they can get their shit together again.

I refuse to get excited for Dark X-Men or Uncanny Avengers until Marvel proves they can get their shit together again
    Yep, I thought I couldn't be more disappointed than I was under Tiny's pen and I was completely wrong. It can always get worse.
    So I'll save my money until I read some positive and enthusiastic reviews.