Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Finally current on this thread. What a harrowing ride!
    Sorry about the current events.
    This was educational. I hadn't thought to review comics anywhere before but I guess it's about time I made use of that powerset.

Guess I can't be too happy about what Remy will be doing in Dark X-Men if the way he gets there will be springing off from what appears to be the biggest dumpster fire of a book. I was kinda getting interested in him looking out for Gimmick. And now Maggot might be there? Funny thing about Maggot, he was in one of the very few comics I actually owned as a kid but I thought he was suppose to turn out to be a villain based on the end of that issue. I read his X-men Unlimited issues the other day. Would be cool to see him get a bigger role in X-books.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

I like Maggott too. He kept things interesting while Remy was chilling in Antarctica.

^^^Eh. Personally, I couldn't wait 'til Remy returned from his "sabbatical"

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]^^^Eh. Personally, I couldn't wait 'til Remy returned from his "sabbatical"
    Agreed. Everything post-Antarctica was met with my hatred and derision, especially new introductions of Maggot (yuck) and Cecelia Reyes. Liu helped me come to know and love Cecelia (because she’s an empathetic and talented writer) but I still can’t give a solid—or even liquid—crap about Maggot. The name alone is DOA for me. No thanks, and don’t care he’s in Dark XMen. Sorry, but after the god-awfulness of Phillips’ Rogue&Gambit mini, I have decided all X-books are Guilty of bad writing until proven Innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Finally current on this thread. What a harrowing ride!
    Sorry about the current events.
    This was educational. I hadn't thought to review comics anywhere before but I guess it's about time I made use of that powerset.

Guess I can't be too happy about what Remy will be doing in Dark X-Men if the way he gets there will be springing off from what appears to be the biggest dumpster fire of a book. I was kinda getting interested in him looking out for Gimmick. And now Maggot might be there? Funny thing about Maggot, he was in one of the very few comics I actually owned as a kid but I thought he was suppose to turn out to be a villain based on the end of that issue. I read his X-men Unlimited issues the other day. Would be cool to see him get a bigger role in X-books.
    Yeah last years thread with the top 100 Romy moments was a much better thread. This year is much bleaker.

Maggot was sort of fun. I thought they were going somewhere with him but after Joseph’s plot was done so was he. A shame.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Eh. Personally, I couldn't wait 'til Remy returned from his "sabbatical"

Steve Skroce`s Magic! So talented!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yeah last years thread with the top 100 Romy moments was a much better thread. This year is much bleaker.

Maggot was sort of fun. I thought they were going somewhere with him but after Joseph’s plot was done so was he. A shame.
    Yeah I'd like to get back to positivity and to all the things we can celebrate and rally around as fans of this couple.

It's been really hard not to feel discouraged, not listened to and just plain beaten down ever since Mr. & Mrs. X was canceled to make way for Hickman and his Krakoa era where Gambit and Rogue have felt like they're being treated as unwanted side characters by most of these creative teams rather than as two of the top 10 most popular X-characters who are integral to what we love about X-Men comics.

The current book feels like some misguided attempt to appease us, but it only serves to demonstrate just how badly present editorial just doesn't "get it" when it comes to what makes this couple fun.

Anyway, let's brainstorm for a way to celebrate this couple again.

Anyway, let's brainstorm for a way to celebrate this couple again.
    This is hard bs the top 100 momenst is already done. Lol I can't think in anything ��

Sooo after knowing Destiny's prophecy I prophesied that Rogue is going to kill Remy to save Manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Sooo after knowing Destiny's prophecy I prophesied that Rogue is going to kill Remy to save Manifold.
    Something like that. I think that's the twist. He probably gets shaken up by it and it'll lead him to join Dark X-Men after the Gala.
    The cats do pop up at some point, not sure whether Gambit gets resurrected by then or Rogue takes care of them.

If that's the case, then I'm hoping that Gambit sacrifices himself or tells Rogue to kill him for the mission, which is more in-character for him to do. But unfortunately in this series he's been mainly portrayed as a liability.

Maybe a return of Deathbit

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Something like that. I think that's the twist. He probably gets shaken up by it and it'll lead him to join Dark X-Men after the Gala.
    The cats do pop up at some point, not sure whether Gambit gets resurrected by then or Rogue takes care of them.

If that's the case, then I'm hoping that Gambit sacrifices himself or tells Rogue to kill him for the mission, which is more in-character for him to do. But unfortunately in this series he's been mainly portrayed as a liability.
    Well this Rogue would save a poop on a stick before her husband, so it's not too hard to guess.

Unless she surprises us all and saves Remy, thus dooming all mutants, but that's not going to happen.

I'll actually take back the "liability" comment, to be fair he did get the Caliban Suit from Forge and saved Rogue in the most recent issue. But everything comes down to this finale. Does he screw up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Well this Rogue would save a poop on a stick before her husband, so it's not too hard to guess.

Unless she surprises us all and saves Remy, thus dooming all mutants, but that's not going to happen.
    True, Rogue's lacked warmth throughout this series.

Hmmmm after getting a clearer reading on whats happening, does this improve your opinion of the Mini, lessen it or has your opinion not really changed at all? For me it’s a slight improvement.