Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default To Know Her Is To Fear Her: Jessica Drew The Spider-Woman Appreciation 2023

Jessica Drew Appreciation Thread!

Home for Fans of the Original Spider-Woman!

Discussion for anything and everything about our favorite arachnid! From the latest appearances to original series and everything in between!!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Happy New Year to Jess and her fans .

Happy New Year to the First Spider-Woman!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Indeed. Here's hoping (and anticipating) she comes back from End of the Spider-Verse in one piece.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Happy New Year Jess, Gerry, Roger and Rebecca!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Here's hoping (and anticipating) she comes back from End of the Spider-Verse in one piece.
    I’ve said this before but I honestly fear they are going to leave her limbo. It feels like they just don’t know what to do with the character more than anything.

Doubt it. Not with spiderverse 2 on the horizon and frequent appearances in Captain Marvel and All out avengers.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I’ve said this before but I honestly fear they are going to leave her limbo. It feels like they just don’t know what to do with the character more than anything.
    Didn't she had a solo book a short time ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    That series really got wackier the more it went on.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That series really got wackier the more it went on.
    Indeed. It was insane . . . and I say that as a compliment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah I liked the second half of that run a lot more. Felt like it really found it's stride once Jess stopped being artificially angry.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Doubt it. Not with spiderverse 2 on the horizon and frequent appearances in Captain Marvel and All out avengers.
    That Spider-Verse movie Jessica seems to be in-name only. They changed her ethnicity, gave her webs, changed her costume. The only thing that seems to be accurate to the comics is that she's pregnant.

All-Out Avengers is ending soon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That Spider-Verse movie Jessica seems to be in-name only. They changed her ethnicity, gave her webs, changed her costume. The only thing that seems to be accurate to the comics is that she's pregnant.

All-Out Avengers is ending soon.
    Oh it's definitely a different version from her but putting any Jessica Drew on the map makes it unlikely that they'll ban the original version into limbo.

My Twitter

Remember that whatever they did to her, they did to Peter Parker as well. They should be fine by the end of the story.

Peter was actually just revealed to be still alive. He was just never bitten by the spider, and is a cripple with a walking stick. So that means Jessica was either never poisoned, and didn't need the drugs that turned her into Spider-Woman, in which case she's alive but not a superhero, and Gerry would also still exist but be depowered (due to his powers being hereditary), or, she died as a child and Gerry is temporarily retgone. Either way, she'll be back to normal by the end, as whatever restores Peter should restore her as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman