Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I’ve said this before but I honestly fear they are going to leave her limbo. It feels like they just don’t know what to do with the character more than anything.
    Which is a damn shame because her last couple of series were good to great. I specifically loved the most recent series and felt we finally got the real Jessica back. They better not keep her in limbo for too long this time.

Take our Jessica joy where we can, SPIDER-WOMAN featured as part of Team Carol in CAPTAIN MARVEL #46 preview...

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-10-2023 at 04:35 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I haven't been counting but I feel like she's been in more issues of this particular captain marvel run than not.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I haven't been counting but I feel like she's been in more issues of this particular captain marvel run than not.
    As Carol's best friend, it makes a degree of sense, especially now that she doesn't have a regular ongoing of her own.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As Carol's best friend, it makes a degree of sense, especially now that she doesn't have a regular ongoing of her own.
    But even before the cancellation of the last SW run they were guesting frequently...same with Rhodey being used in both Iron Man and Captain Marvel.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But even before the cancellation of the last SW run they were guesting frequently...same with Rhodey being used in both Iron Man and Captain Marvel.
    Fair point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The only thing that seems to be accurate to the comics is that she's pregnant.
    So they kept the worst addition to the character?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I'm more surprised that Kwannon is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I was just commenting about how that's not really surprising.
    Thompson always builds a strong support cast around whichever character she writes and Jess featuring heavily in Carol's is an absolute no-brainer.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I hope she shows up in this week's X-Men.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 02-13-2023 at 04:48 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hope she shows up in this week's X-Men.
    Seems likely given that it's the start of an arc which continues in Captain Marvel. Kwannon is part of Carol's team and she's shown in the preview, telepathically talking to Jean.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Was surprised to see an upcoming figure of this Jessica costume. It really grew on me in her last series and I’d love to see it return.

0A4D3CE9-91E0-4074-B30C-00BA755903CB.jpg

Astonishing Member

I think it's great that this version is getting an action figure. That said -- I don't think it will return. Way too much black!

Yeah, I always thought that the black spandex clashed with her black hair, plus it has webbing on the red parts, which is out of place since Jess doesn't have webs. The costume would've worked better on Ultimate Jessica, who is Peter's clone and therefore shares his brown hair and has web shooters.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman