Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I think a female team with a supernatural slant would be a great place For Spider-Woman, Tigra, Hellcat, Lilith -- daughter of Dracula, and Satana. Those last two -- though would probably only be pulled in as needed -- as they are both somewhat anti-social. But these are all great 70s creations -- though don't get enough love by creators.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would like that, yeah. And throw in Lindsay McCabe again, too.
    Lindsay should be a staple in every Jess series. She should be the Christina to Jess' Meredith, her person. Where Carol is Jess' super-powered person, Linds is Jess' grasp at normal life (as normal as things can be with Lindsay around.) I was super glad to see Karla bring her into the series, but wish she had sooner. When Jess gets her next series (and hopefully soon) the writer will see the benefit of having Lindsay around as well.

Speaking of next...I've not been following Spider-Man...I know he's slated to return in an issue or two, has anything been said about Jess coming back and how?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think a female team with a supernatural slant would be a great place For Spider-Woman, Tigra, Hellcat, Lilith -- daughter of Dracula, and Satana. Those last two -- though would probably only be pulled in as needed -- as they are both somewhat anti-social. But these are all great 70s creations -- though don't get enough love by creators.
    I love this! I’d go with SW, Tigra, Thundra, maybe Moondragon

Extraordinary Member

I would go with Jess, Roger, Lindsay, and Ben Urich running the detective agency / blog like from Hallum's run...but add in the supernatural elements to some (but not all) cases.

Add in a good dose of bounty hunting to bring in the paychecks...but also some more mundane cases showing PI work is not all fancy and glamorous...and bring back some of the baddies from the original Spider-Woman run.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-03-2023 at 06:36 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would go with Jess, Roger, Lindsay, and Ben Urich running the detective agency / blog like from Hallum's run...but add in the supernatural elements to some (but not all) cases.

Add in a good dose of bounty hunting to bring in the paychecks...but also some more mundane cases showing PI work is not all fancy and glamorous...and bring back some of the baddies from the original Spider-Woman run.
    Yes, yes, yes and YES! Roger may not be Gerry's biological father, but he was the father figure who seemed to love the kid quite a bit. It could be interesting to have him still be a part of Jess' life without being a romantic part. But yes to all of this and to pull in some of the post above it she could have some regular guest spots by Tigra, Hellcat, Carol, Shroud..etc.
    Who could write this....Zdarsky will have an open slot soon lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Yes, yes, yes and YES! Roger may not be Gerry's biological father, but he was the father figure who seemed to love the kid quite a bit. It could be interesting to have him still be a part of Jess' life without being a romantic part. But yes to all of this and to pull in some of the post above it she could have some regular guest spots by Tigra, Hellcat, Carol, Shroud..etc.
    Who could write this....Zdarsky will have an open slot soon lol.
    But don't lean too heavy into the guest appearances...it should not be a guest appearance for every story arc.

And I really do want Jess and Roger back together...she needs to realize what she lost...they can even say her treatment of him was just after affects of the disease she had that made her angry and try to drive all her friends away. I mean this is a guy who helped her cope with being a new parent...and jumped off a building to catch her son.

As for Lindsay...she needs to be put into that abnormally above normal normal category like Yelena Belova, Sinthea Schmidt, etc...Not enhanced but in phenomenal physical condition and highly trained in hand to hand combat.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Lindsay should be a staple in every Jess series. She should be the Christina to Jess' Meredith, her person. Where Carol is Jess' super-powered person, Linds is Jess' grasp at normal life (as normal as things can be with Lindsay around.) I was super glad to see Karla bring her into the series, but wish she had sooner. When Jess gets her next series (and hopefully soon) the writer will see the benefit of having Lindsay around as well.

Speaking of next...I've not been following Spider-Man...I know he's slated to return in an issue or two, has anything been said about Jess coming back and how?
    I assume they'd come back simultaneously. We'll know tomorrow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yes! I agree with you that all of these lovely ladies need some modern love. I would also add Witch Woman with Lilith and Satana.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

But don't lean too heavy into the guest appearances...it should not be a guest appearance for every story arc.

And I really do want Jess and Roger back together...she needs to realize what she lost...they can even say her treatment of him was just after affects of the disease she had that made her angry and try to drive all her friends away. I mean this is a guy who helped her cope with being a new parent...and jumped off a building to catch her son.

As for Lindsay...she needs to be put into that abnormally above normal normal category like Yelena Belova, Sinthea Schmidt, etc...Not enhanced but in phenomenal physical condition and highly trained in hand to hand combat.
    oh no definitely not. And sometimes the guest spot would be nothing more than one of them baby sitting or maybe a bunch of them showing up for poker night.

Extraordinary Member

And she's back.

And she's back.
    Where? I didn’t see any news.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And she's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Where? I didn’t see any news.
    Spider-Man #7, most likely. Can't say more without spoiling.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Spider-Man #7, most likely. Can't say more without spoiling.
    Feel free to spoil (for me anyway) I wont get the book for a couple of weeks yet (sub service mail order.)

spoilers:
    Arana restored everyone who'd been stabbed, basically. Including Peter, Jessica, and the brand new character Spider-Boy.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Arana restored everyone who'd been stabbed, basically. Including Peter, Jessica, and the brand new character Spider-Boy.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for this. I'm not interested in reading this story but I do want to know what's going on with Jess.