Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1154

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Ridiculously brief appearances in War College and that Polaris short on the Marvel app. Was Karma in Love this year or last?
    That's right -- good call on Karma in Love. She had a pretty big [supporting actress?] role in that, as the 2nd main character.

Forgot about War College -- just that one clash with Bishop in issue #1, correct?

The yarn arrived! (I know, it's silly to be excited about yarn, but this is a fun project.)

Which colour do you think would be best for Dani's skin tone? For reference, the one on the left would match white people pretty well. I wish the camera captured the colours better. Even with editing I couldn't get the Teal as bright as it really is, and the Yellow is over-saturated.

20231205_130425.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    The yarn arrived! (I know, it's silly to be excited about yarn, but this is a fun project.)

Which colour do you think would be best for Dani's skin tone? For reference, the one on the left would match white people pretty well. I wish the camera captured the colours better. Even with editing I couldn't get the Teal as bright as it really is, and the Yellow is over-saturated.

20231205_130425.jpg
    I am glad for you, Arachne. It is always fun when something we ordered finally arrives! Be excited. You can work on your project now.

Maybe go with the tan all the way to the right for Dani?

Even if the teal and yellow are not perfect matches, or showing up on camera as they appear in person, I am sure they are very good and you can work on the project and have fun with it!

Be sure to show us when it is done.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Dani Moonstar Cameo

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Dani Moonstar Cameo

That was really cool! I counted three Dani appearances, throughout the video.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    That was really cool! I counted three Dani appearances, throughout the video.
    I do not know why I was expecting to see her Valkyrie outfit. Congrats on a good showing Moonstar:Proper!
    Moonstar Contest of Champions Forever.jpg
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

Really wish she'd get a proper costume

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What's your threshold for "proper" costume? No Xaviers' black/gold? No X or Body stripe like the coordinated team look? If you don't have both can you have one or the other (X as long as it isn't yellow etc)

I'm still waiting to see a practical application of Peach Momoko's innovation of the native fringe on the X in a costume variant in an issue...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    What's your threshold for "proper" costume? No Xaviers' black/gold? No X or Body stripe like the coordinated team look? If you don't have both can you have one or the other (X as long as it isn't yellow etc)

I'm still waiting to see a practical application of Peach Momoko's innovation of the native fringe on the X in a costume variant in an issue...
    Something that's much farther away from her first team uniform. Tired of the black and yellow

With the holidays rapidly approaching, what X-Mas / X-Men gifts do you want to ask Christmas Dani for?

2e5689005352f4e1796ddc6612e9cadf.jpg

c795ea5ef78a96d57e29689bb334077a (1).jpg

And... GO!

Lots to catch up on. I Clipped some images to make the forum happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am glad for you, Arachne. It is always fun when something we ordered finally arrives! Be excited. You can work on your project now.

Maybe go with the tan all the way to the right for Dani?

Even if the teal and yellow are not perfect matches, or showing up on camera as they appear in person, I am sure they are very good and you can work on the project and have fun with it!

Be sure to show us when it is done.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the one on the right, too. I thought there'd be a bit more difference in the three tans, but that "light brown" is pretty close to what I want. I think.

Will definitely show it off. I'm almost finished the prototype. It's a bit of a Frankenstein's Monster, because of all the different techniques I've tried out, but it's giving me a good base to work off of. I decided not to use a pre-written pattern because everything I found was either too simple or too "Barbie". (Seriously, there's some amazingly realistic crocheted dolls out there. Some too the point of NSFW.)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Neat. What is Contest of Champions, anyway? I never paid much attention to Marvel video games

Oh, very nice! Cuter than what Reis usually does.

Agreed! So sick of the black and yellow...

Be nice to see something based on her Gala gown.

With the holidays rapidly approaching, what X-Mas / X-Men gifts do you want to ask Christmas Dani for?

And... GO!
    Decent merch so I don't have to make it myself?

2e5689005352f4e1796ddc6612e9cadf.jpg

And... GO!
    Very slowly making my way through the game Midnight Suns. I keep getting busy with other things. So what I'd like is for Dani to be added as a playable character with her own story campaign. and . . . maybe a paid week off work. The game is like 40 hours long.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Neat. What is Contest of Champions, anyway? I never paid much attention to Marvel video games
    1 v 1 fighting game ala games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Just tried it for the first time yesterday. Seems OK for a phone game. Seems you can't actually play against other people with your character which is a huge part of fighting games. I was gonna say, I don't know how these mechanics would work under such circumstances but I guess it doesn't matter then.

It's got a story but it seems like the typical, everyone ends up in one spot and half of them are being controlled by something so you better cure them via punching their lights out. Seems you also have the "gotcha" mechanic of collecting characters by completing missions and getting a random chance at getting them. Also different versions with different costumes and stats maybe? The Wanda I got has two stars.

At times I think, "I love superheroes. Would be cool if there was something I could do with them with my phone since its a portable computer." But I never got around to investigating what's out there and games made based on licensed property have a history of being rushed and shallow. Often times it's not even the developers fault. It's the people over them not giving them enough time.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Something that's much farther away from her first team uniform. Tired of the black and yellow
    I'd still love for Sienkiewicz to give us a character sheet on these looks from pinups/covers with Dani...
    Moonstar Sienkiewicz.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 12-18-2023 at 08:45 PM.