Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I hate to drag the New Mutants Lethal legion miniseries up in this thread again, but I could find nowhere else to ask this.
    Poor Dani. Having to be the thread where this is discussed cause the other New Mutants threads aren't pulling their weight.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I hate to drag the New Mutants Lethal legion miniseries up in this thread again, but I could find nowhere else to ask this. I didn't read the final issue. What is the final verdict on the comic? Is it worth reading if you are a fan of Mirage?

Now that that question is out of the way I'm going to say that I am really looking forward to the Realm of X mini. I've read some of the writer's work on Thor, and I think that she does a good job with those characters from what I have read.

It's not worth reading period. It's not even worth the effort of burning it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 07-24-2023 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I like the idea of Escapade, but the execution is lacking and her powers aren't well defined.

Not sure what you mean by this, and don't want to infer meaning from afar. What do you mean, you "...like the idea?"

[and for the record, not calling you out in any way, Arachne, just curious]
    Last edited by rf2044; 07-24-2023 at 11:32 AM.

I just mean, if Anders wrote a paragraph on Escapade, I'd probably like her. A trans, Robin Hood-type mutant sounds pretty cool, but when she made it to the comic page, she just wasn't very interesting or likeable. Admittedly, the fact that she's a teenager was always a strike against her.

Ultimate Member

Am I the only one deeply uncomfortable with Escapade's powers?

She can impersonate anyone in such a manner that who she actually is is obvious to the reader but not those around her.

That feels poorly thought out, IMO

Astonishing Member

Arguably the ability to switch position with anyone or anything of a certain minimum or maximum mass and distance (the usual limitations) would have been a better choice for a completely new and untested character.

Easier to explain, understand and for other writers to apply, while still remaining relative unique as far as teleportation powers in the Marvel universe are considered and have room for eventual upgrades.

Nah, that's rage-against-the-heavens anger, not stuck-in-traffic anger.
    Aren't those two often the same?
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-24-2023 at 05:03 PM.

Depends on the situation.

So, in X-men Unlimited today, Dani spoilers:
    is possessed by Malice.
    end of spoilers

I just mean, if Anders wrote a paragraph on Escapade, I'd probably like her. A trans, Robin Hood-type mutant sounds pretty cool, but when she made it to the comic page, she just wasn't very interesting or likeable. Admittedly, the fact that she's a teenager was always a strike against her.
    Makes sense.

In the main, I think the best thing I can say about Escapade is "representation." Which is good to a degree, but doesn't say much about her time on the page, which has been predominantly lackluster. Agree that she isn't especially likeable.

And at the end of the day, I'd chalk the last three issues of NM volume 4 and this 5 issue limited series [all written by Anders] up to being a disappointment, at best. These guys concur.
    Last edited by rf2044; 07-25-2023 at 01:58 PM.

Depends on the situation.

So, in X-men Unlimited today, Dani spoilers:
    is possessed by Malice.
    end of spoilers

Worth checking out?

Eh, it's okay. Nothing special, and Dani's only sort of in it.

I think this is the fourth time Dani's been a supporting character in an Infinity comic. There was Karma in Love, Marvel Meow (although that's more of a cameo), Hope's spotlight in X-men Unlimited, and now this. C'mon Marvel, give her her own story!
    Last edited by Arachne; 07-25-2023 at 03:30 PM.

Eh, it's okay. Nothing special, and Dani's only sort of in it.

I think this is the fourth time Dani's been a supporting character in an Infinity comic. There was Karma in Love, Marvel Meow (although that's more of a cameo), Hope's spotlight in X-men Unlimited, and now this. C'mon Marvel, give her her own story!

I'm hoping she's the main cog / focal point of the upcoming Asgardian series. Would certainly make sense.

And to your point, long overdue.

So, we're getting the Magneto limited series starting in August, and then later that same month the Asgard series?

Should get some good Dani opportunities in both, to close out the rest of the year.

I think they were just in that story. Dani was sadly neglected during that era.

Nice! I found a new one, too. Apparently by @defendinisart on Instagram.

Attachment 133230

Love that pic! I wish that Marvel would explore something like this for her costume, instead of just relegating her to the classic X-uniform.

Seems like a great blend of Valkyrie, with the requisite homage paid to the classic unis -- while still incorporating her personalized touch, like the belt. Distinctive, and yet not too far astray from what the primary uniforms.

Incredible Member

Yeah, the Return of the Valkyries was the mini, and it was great showing for Dani. Torunn Grønbekk also wrote X-men Unlimited 60-61, which starred Hope Summers, but Dani was a supporting character and well written. Also, from the Realm of X #3 solicit, it seems Grønbekk remembers that Dani had a temper.

I like the idea of Escapade, but the execution is lacking and her powers aren't well defined.
    Escapade makes Gosamyr look like a well thought-out and interesting character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    I'm hoping she's the main cog / focal point of the upcoming Asgardian series. Would certainly make sense.

And to your point, long overdue.
    If not the main (that's likely going to be Magik because of her elevated status) she should get a fair share of importance given that as far as X-men characters go the whole Nine Realms are basicly her secondary turf ever since she got the valkyrie upgrade.