Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yep. I wonder if Rasputin was originally supposed to have some of Dani's DNA and it got changed after the character was designed?
    Swap out the Quire DNA for Dani's and replace the soulsword with psychic weaponry.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Four days without a post?

I finally finished reading the Judgment Day event. Dani never appeared, of course, but do you think she was one of the ones who volunteered to stay on Krakoa knowing it was going to be destroyed? It sounds like something she'd do if she wasn't in the thick of the fighting.
    I'm still bummed that we had an entire event pitting mutants against Eternals and Dani and X-Force weren't relevant despite having more history with Eternals and Deviants than anyone else in the franchise. I was like....the deliberately engineered half mutant/half Deviant population of Almost, Reno and alleged mutant/Eternal hybrid Arcadia DeVille are gonna become relevant aaaaaaaany second now!

But turned out I'd just forgotten to remove my clown shoes and nose before reading. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that Rasputin has pretty much stole Dani's look-- without even using her DNA/powers?
    Yep. I wonder if Rasputin was originally supposed to have some of Dani's DNA and it got changed after the character was designed?

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm still bummed that we had an entire event pitting mutants against Eternals and Dani and X-Force weren't relevant despite having more history with Eternals and Deviants than anyone else in the franchise. I was like....the deliberately engineered half mutant/half Deviant population of Almost, Reno and alleged mutant/Eternal hybrid Arcadia DeVille are gonna become relevant aaaaaaaany second now!

But turned out I'd just forgotten to remove my clown shoes and nose before reading. C'est la vie.
    The Proudstar reservation was destroyed to cover up Damocles foundation experiments (they may have experimented on other Native American populations), and Dani was hinted at being a mutant/Eternal hybrid (Arcadia is a mutant/Deviant hybrid), the Foundation also experimented on Sunspot and it's hinted that the reason all the Guthrie siblings have powers is because Sam's Dad was exposed to a Celestial device the Foundation was messing around with.
    Immortal in the Force.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The Proudstar reservation was destroyed to cover up Damocles foundation experiments (they may have experimented on other Native American populations), and Dani was hinted at being a mutant/Eternal hybrid (Arcadia is a mutant/Deviant hybrid), the Foundation also experimented on Sunspot and it's hinted that the reason all the Guthrie siblings have powers is because Sam's Dad was exposed to a Celestial device the Foundation was messing around with.
    And you're wondering why Marvel ran away from this crap as fast as possible? Who wrote this BS? Morrison?
    Last edited by rcaguy; 03-16-2023 at 05:37 AM.

Is that when she gained the quantum powers?

Yeah, I believe so. Some of that happened during J F Moore's run, but the Damocles Foundation was introduced during Fabian Nicieza's run, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Is that when she gained the quantum powers?
    The first time Dani and Arcadia came into physical contact with each other Arcadia's reality wrapping powers turned Dani into a crystal statue, when Dani was restored to flesh and blood she gained her quantum powers. Later when battling a pair of Foundation Eternals, they stated that her power signature was very similar to their own.
    Immortal in the Force.

The first time Dani and Arcadia came into physical contact with each other Arcadia's reality wrapping powers turned Dani into a crystal statue, when Dani was restored to flesh and blood she gained her quantum powers. Later when battling a pair of Foundation Eternals, they stated that her power signature was very similar to their own.

Thanks -- I'm a little fuzzy at this point on some of those old X-Force plots. Seems like ancient history [and kind of was!].

So what's the plan with the New Mutants going forward?

Obviously we've got this five-issue limited series -- which really appears to be a feature showcase for a new character. Volume 4 was cancelled.

So what happens to these characters, and the "next gen" New Mutants that the original team was mentoring?

Magma needs her own story arc.
    Immortal in the Force.

Many [most?] of the old guard characters are underserved.

Pictures, or it didn't happen!
    Dani by Mark Brooks:

20230317_182809.jpg

Rasputin IV by Mark Brooks:

20230317_182746.jpg

Oh, and Rasputin IV has a headband in the latest Sins of Sinister covers.

So what's the plan with the New Mutants going forward?

Obviously we've got this five-issue limited series -- which really appears to be a feature showcase for a new character. Volume 4 was cancelled.

So what happens to these characters, and the "next gen" New Mutants that the original team was mentoring?
    Who knows? We probably won't know enough for even an educated guess until we learn more about Fall of X, and that could months away. I just hope Dani ends up with a writer that has a good story for her. Might be nice to see her get off Krakoa.

I confess I don't really care what happens to the new New Mutants. Except for Gaby and Cerabella, maybe.

Wow! Is that the same artist that did her Marvel Snap card?

Ultimate Member

Is Nova Roma still destroyed?

Honestly, what I hate about this current era of comics is that the only characters who'll get any focus is either the characters the writer grew up with, or their pet characters. Full stop.

The X-Men felt more diverse in the freakin' 80s than they do now, IMO