Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Yeah, I kind of agree. They're way better at LGBTQ+ representation than in the past (damning with faint praise there), but everything else is stagnating or regressing. Except in New Mutants, which they cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is Nova Roma still destroyed?
    Did they destroy it in the Krakoa era? I know Amara went there with a team for some reason, but I don't remember what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    So what's the plan with the New Mutants going forward?

Obviously we've got this five-issue limited series -- which really appears to be a feature showcase for a new character. Volume 4 was cancelled.

So what happens to these characters, and the "next gen" New Mutants that the original team was mentoring?
    They werent really an official team so they will just reside on Krakoa in the background

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, I kind of agree. They're way better at LGBTQ+ representation than in the past (damning with faint praise there), but everything else is stagnating or regressing. Except in New Mutants, which they cancelled.

Did they destroy it in the Krakoa era? I know Amara went there with a team for some reason, but I don't remember what happened.
    They just shuffle the deck, really. Reveal one as gay/bi, but that's about it, sigh...

And Nova Roma was destroyed by some new villain, killed to every last person in New Mutants, then nada on follow up.

Love Dani. Easily my second favorite New Mutant. My user name, profile pic, and question probably won't clue you in to who my favorite is though. Such a riddle. Might as well move on with our lives and to my question.

Think Dani can ask her "boss" to let Rahne's lover, Hrimhari, and their kid, Tier, out of "jail?" Think it's even been considered? Not necessarily saying this is how I would want these characters re-introduced but I had been wondering. And Tier supposedly never died or something too.

Hey, wlfking, welcome to the boards.

I don't know that Dani had much of a relationship with Hela at the moment. It hasn't been brought up in a long time. Even War of the Realms didn't mention it, IIRC. Dani talked to her in the Claremont Anniversary Special, but that was set in the past.

Yeah, Tier's alive somehow. I think it's pretty ridiculous that they dropped that bomb and didn't follow up on it.

Ultimate Member

I don't know that Dani had much of a relationship with Hela at the moment. It hasn't been brought up in a long time. Even War of the Realms didn't mention it, IIRC. Dani talked to her in the Claremont Anniversary Special, but that was set in the past.

Yeah, Tier's alive somehow. I think it's pretty ridiculous that they dropped that bomb and didn't follow up on it.
    Tier might not be alive, it could be Rahne's daughter from another timeline.

Cough...

Though yeah, strange they never freakin' followed up on that

They just shuffle the deck, really. Reveal one as gay/bi, but that's about it, sigh...

You nailed it. And while admirable from a representation standpoint, it comes at the expense of plots, character development, etc.

Part of the reason while it feels like the Krakoa arc is spiraling down the drain.

Charlie Jane Anders talks New Mutants: Lethal Legion:

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/20/x-...e-jane-anders/

Discuss.

There's not much about Dani there to discuss. Looks like she and Xuân will save the day in the end. Other than that, it doesn't look like Anders has much use for the OG team, except for using Rahne as a mentor. That role makes a lot more sense for Rahne than it ever did for Dani, IMO, so I'm good with that.

Tier might not be alive, it could be Rahne's daughter from another timeline.

Cough...
    Vanora. I had actually considered that too. I wonder if there any other examples of Cerebro(is it still called Cerebro?) getting confused. We could also just blame the fact that she's time displaced and what not. I think it would be fun to see them interact again.
    Last edited by wlfking; 03-20-2023 at 12:29 PM.

Thank you!

Ah. I thought that might be the case.

From what I can tell, I may be in the in minority of the Wolfsbane fandom in wanting her to get her kid back. Part of me is even more surprised that they brought him up at all when the could have just continued to ignore he ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    From what I can tell, I may be in the in minority of the Wolfsbane fandom in wanting her to get her kid back. Part of me is even more surprised that they brought him up at all when the could have just continued to ignore he ever happened.
    He never should have been aged up. Would have better if he had stayed a cute little hairball.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Thank you!

Ah. I thought that might be the case.

I mean, he exists, so I’d rather they find something to do with him instead of just pretend he never existed, especially since it’s already been made an actual point that he is alive somewhere. We’ve all complained so much about how ignoring Rahne’s bond with Moira has done neither character any favors….don’t repeat the same mistake by acknowledging Rahne has a son but then try and expect readers to just forget about him because editorial decided there wasn’t space or interest for that story or whatever. There’s nothing inherent about Tier preventing him from being an interesting character no different from any other with ridiculously convoluted origins or rapid aging in their childhood. It’s all about a writer just putting in the work. The really unfortunate part is it really did seem like Ayala wanted to put in said work, but ran out of time to tell that story simply as others took priority in the meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They werent really an official team so they will just reside on Krakoa in the background
    Are you talking about the New Mutants or the "Lost Club?" I'm unclear from your post.

I also would have liked if Tier hadn't been aged up buuuuuut. I don't wanna high-jack Dani's thread any more than I have so . . .

What do you all make of the current New Mutants thing? Karama's girlfriend referred to herself as Karma's teammate. So . . . is everyone in black and Yellow the current New Mutants? Is it every 18-22 year old? Or is it just every child on Krakoa? I suppose Warpath was on a few "missions" in the previous volume. Were they called New Mutants then or X-Men?(wonder if he hangs out with the Hellions anymore. Mutant Liberation Front, Generation X, Hellions and New Mutants should have an annual softball game or something.)

How much does the current New Mutants set up differ from Bishop's War College? I think Dani was about to confiscate all Bishop's students. Lol.