Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id love to see her as second in command on a squad with Storm

That would be a great idea. Dying for her to get something tangible for her to sink her teeth into.

I don't mind the "teacher" role as much as Arachne is bothered by it, but that's all Dani seems to have been relegated to throughout the entire Krakoa plotline. She's capable of more -- a LOT more.

Very true, but you knew I'd say that.

And I'm really only bothered by it when it's her main priority.

What issues would people recommend that I read [and in what order] to get the gist of what led to Fall of X?

Not looking to do a lot of back reading, just the issues that will help flesh out how things went down.

Thanks in advance.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Maybe. With the second question, I was thinking the fan thing might be a way to explain the similarity, not the actual plan.

I got my copy of the MM RPG.

Whoever created Dani's profile really didn't know her. Ego -- the leadership and willpower ability -- is a 1! There's nothing in her powers to indicate leadership or combat skills, not even with a bow! I think there might be a power on the list she doesn't even have, but I'll have to read more to be sure. I will definitely be redoing her character sheet soon. (And maybe Sunspot's, too. He's all over the place from what I've seen so far.)

I may post it tonight, we'll see. There's storms all around tonight, so I might not have internet. The game looks decent, so far, although they're leaving a lot up to the GM (called a Narrator in this game.)
    What kind of combat skills does clubbing someone with a bow indicate to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, the only thing that bothers me is that more people seem to know Dani from a mediocre movie that, from what I've heard, got all the characters wrong (except maybe Sam as Hollywood never seems to have trouble with everyman* characters), instead of from the comics.

*ever notice that "everyman" characters always seem to be cis, straight, white guys?
    If that take on the New Mutants and Dani somehow brings people into reading about her and the rest of her pals in the comics then "I See This as an Absolute Win." lol!
    That movie was sort of my first exposure to New Mutants. I had heard of a few of them before that but knew next to nothing about them. And while I didn't think that movie was any good(like many of the X-men movies)it plus there being a New Mutants book as part of the Krakoa era did eventually lead me to getting a digital copy of Marvel Graphic Novel #4
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    What kind of combat skills does clubbing someone with a bow indicate to begin with?
    That's an astoundingly craptastic assessment of her combat capabilities.

Ultimate Member

The basics of a video game?

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    What issues would people recommend that I read [and in what order] to get the gist of what led to Fall of X?

Not looking to do a lot of back reading, just the issues that will help flesh out how things went down.

Thanks in advance.
    Hmm, the 4 Before the Fall comics should help. Let's see, that would be Sons of X by Spurrier, Heralds of Apocalypse by Ewing, one I can't remember the name of by Duggan, and The Sinister Four by Gillen. Plus the Gala issue, of course.

Edit: the 3rd is Mutant First Strike, and it's by Orlando not Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    If that take on the New Mutants and Dani somehow brings people into reading about her and the rest of her pals in the comics then "I See This as an Absolute Win." lol!
    That movie was sort of my first exposure to New Mutants. I had heard of a few of them before that but knew next to nothing about them. And while I didn't think that movie was any good(like many of the X-men movies)it plus there being a New Mutants book as part of the Krakoa era did eventually lead me to getting a digital copy of Marvel Graphic Novel #4
    Unfortunately, movie views don't seem to turn into many comic sales. Your an exception to the rule.
    Last edited by Arachne; 08-19-2023 at 09:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    That's an astoundingly craptastic assessment of her combat capabilities.
    Especially since there are supposed to be master martial artist and supreme close combat fighters like Wolverine who's main combat strategy goes like this:
    1. Jump at enemies like an idiot.
    2. Get horribly injured.
    3. Rapidly heal to get back up.
    4. Jump at enemies like an idiot.
    99. Win.

Realm of X was so good. It was interesting seeing Dani use a power of hers she hasnt in a long while spoilers:
    (animal telepathy)
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The basics of a video game?
    Nope. Rock Throwing is more of a skill.

Incredible Member

1. Jump at enemies like an idiot.
    1A. Stab with Pointy Metal Thingy.

2. Get horribly injured.
    2A. Stab with Pointy Metal Thingy.

3. Rapidly heal to get back up.
    3A. Stab with Pointy Metal Thingy.

4. Jump at enemies like an idiot.
    4A. Stab with Pointy Metal Thingy

99. Win.

Stab with Pointy Metal Thingy.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 08-23-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id love to see her as second in command on a squad with Storm
    Moonstar and Storm would probably be too simpatico for there to be much drama in storytelling in roles with shared leadership. Leave Storm to Arrako, let Mirage have her own cadre as a rightful leader of the X-MEN as foretold.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

Nope. Rock Throwing is more of a skill.
    Hitting a character with one's signature weapon is really standard fare in video games

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Moonstar and Storm would probably be too simpatico for there to be much drama in storytelling in roles with shared leadership. Leave Storm to Arrako, let Mirage have her own cadre as a rightful leader of the X-MEN as foretold.

That was an awesome depiction. Dani had a huge role in that temporary alternate universe -- suited her well.

I liked the face paint -- wish we'd see more of that in her standard look.

a8.jpg

Maybe something like this:

a45.jpg

Didn't a poster in this thread produce the second pic?