Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Karma in love? What is that?

An Infinity Comic on Marvel Unlimited. Technically, it's Love Unlimited: Karma in Love #34. There's been four Karma focused issues so far, and threads devoted to each.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    An Infinity Comic on Marvel Unlimited. Technically, it's Love Unlimited: Karma in Love #34. There's been four Karma focused issues so far, and threads devoted to each.

For those of us not on Marvel Unlimited -- what is Dani drawn like?

20230126_231238.jpg

I like the art on this. I wouldn't want a steady diet of it, but it's a nice change of pace. I think it would look better on a phone than my tablet, though. Infinity comics are clearly drawn for small screens.

Here's a little more information about the upcoming New Mutants / Lethal Legion series.

Sounds like it is going to be Esapade-centric again:

https://www.cbr.com/lethal-avengers-...y-new-mutants/

Of course it is.

Dani really needs to get out of the New Mutants. Well, what she actually needs is a writer that cares about her...

Of course it is.

Dani really needs to get out of the New Mutants. Well, what she actually needs is a writer that cares about her...

Yeah. Reading that Escapade and others get in over their heads, but "...Dani and Karma have no idea their young charges are in trouble" doesn't inspire confidence about where the focus of this mini-series will go.

I still haven't seen a formal announcement about New Mutants volume 4 being cancelled -- has anyone seen anything about that?

No, I haven't seen anything formal, but I doubt it'll be coming back before Fall of X, which will probably reshuffle things a bit.

How tall do you think Dani is? Marvel.fandom.com lists her as 5'6", but I think that's from her Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe entry when she was 16. Are there any other references?
    What's funny about this question is that the short story you posted a few days ago described her as being 5-9. Obviously not a source related to Marvel canon, but it kind of supports the idea that she's taller than 5-6.

That makes sense, because she does seem taller that that listed height. Then again, she's so slender / lithe / athletic looking, maybe she just appears to be taller than she is. But if I had to guess, 5-9 seems about right to me. That would make her pretty tall relative to the average.

When do women generally stop growing? Would she be at full height by age 16?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its too late in Dani's history to change her name. I hate when they do that to long established characters and she isnt even that popular. Unless she gets a massive push like Captain Marvel, what would be the point? Her name is very much apart of her identity and recognition and only Moonstar or Mirage stick

I agree with this. Not putting her on the same order of magnitude level of importance to the X-books, but she's one of the few X-characters running around without a codename, a la Jean Grey or Emma Frost. She's intermittently referred to as "Mirage," but mostly by "Moonstar." It would be weird for them to change it at this point.

Especially if it was handled as clunk-ily as how they did it with Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Dani’s best costumes are her Valkyrie ones. I wish they would incorporate some elements again. I think it would be interesting to see her get her Valkyrie powers back full time again. It would be interesting to see her deal with getting death visions for people, especially since she can be reborn and how that affects her as Valkyrie.

I think she would be interesting to the council. She’s similar to Betsy as she’s part of three different “worlds”. She’s Native American, Krakoan and her Asgardian past.. like Betsy is representing Britain, she’s Krakoan and Otherworld heritage. Addin them both to the QC (if there is one after the Fall of X) would be interesting. They should sit with Storm as she also represents Krakoa and Arakko.

Agreed -- because that's the only time she's deviated from the classic uniforms [outside of X-Force]. And plus, armor is cool!

Problem is, her Valkyrie powers come and go, depending on the discretional whim of the writer, so she doesn't often get to use the Valkyrie look. I really liked her costume for War of the Realms.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 122810.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-27-2023 at 11:34 AM.

And the only way to access that is through Marvel Unlimited? Or is it commercially available via any other platform?

Just on Marvel Unlimited, as far as I know. I think they sometimes release the popular ones in print later, but there's no guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    What's funny about this question is that the short story you posted a few days ago described her as being 5-9. Obviously not a source related to Marvel canon, but it kind of supports the idea that she's taller than 5-6.

That makes sense, because she does seem taller that that listed height. Then again, she's so slender / lithe / athletic looking, maybe she just appears to be taller than she is. But if I had to guess, 5-9 seems about right to me. That would make her pretty tall relative to the average.

When do women generally stop growing? Would she be at full height by age 16?
    Yeah, i think it was that fic that got me thinking about it.

I don't think she'd be quite grown at 16, but i could be wrong. For reference, Nate Grey was listed as 5'10" on marvel.fandom.com and I suspect that was from when he was 17.

20230127_155924.jpg

881ba7cad3decdd39c3a394beec1c2f3.jpg

So, yeah, 5'9" makes more sense.

Yeah, i think it was that fic that got me thinking about it.

I don't think she'd be quite grown at 16, but i could be wrong. For reference, Nate Grey was listed as 5'10" on marvel.fandom.com and I suspect that was from when he was 17.

20230127_155924.jpg

881ba7cad3decdd39c3a394beec1c2f3.jpg

So, yeah, 5'9" makes more sense.
    Yeah, so from that picture [and from X-Man's bio] -- if he's 5-10, then she's probably a couple of inches shorter than him. Maybe 5-8, but taller than the 5-6 she was listed at in the TOHOTMU.