Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I found a Dani cameo I wasn't aware of.

Attachment 127899

From Marvelous X-men #4. I'm not sure what to make of it. This rifts are supposed to be showing things that happened in the real world, but Nate appeared in at least one where he shouldn't have been. Either way, I'd like to know who "he" is. The only thing I can think of is the Demon Bear, if this takes place in an alerted early New Mutants vol.1, which might not be the intent.

Here's a recap:

https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...velous-x-men-4
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-03-2023 at 11:54 AM.

Yeah, I've read the whole series on Marvel Unlimited, but that panel is never explained. You'd almost think a writer actually had a plan for Dani... Almost.

Circling back to the New Mutants / Lethal Legion mini-series, I'm only looking forward to it in the sense that it potentially gives the team [and Dani] an additional vehicle to shine. Given that the New Mutants consistently take a back seat to other X-books, that alone is inherently a good thing.

It seems based upon her statements that Charlie Jean Anders identifies a lot with Escapade. That's great, and representation is commendable. But I'm not enthusiastic about the book being hijacked by a couple of characters I don't particularly care about. Maybe that will change over time, but right now I view Escapade / Morgan as newbies that don't deserve to be headliners -- especially in my favorite title.

The 3 issue story-arc already headlined by those two felt like too much. Expanding that out to 8 issues seems like overkill, especially if Escapade is going to be the focal point. New Mutants is busy enough, with the core team and the secondary team of students the New Mutants are training getting short thrift as is.

And I qualify this by acknowledging that the story might be great -- maybe down the road, we'll look back at this mini-series as a new positive for the New Mutants --time will tell -- but it just seems to me [as a long term New Mutants fan] that the book is being used to launch another character instead of focusing on the characters that have stood the test of time over four-decades.
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-05-2023 at 10:03 AM.

Yeah, I've read the whole series on Marvel Unlimited, but that panel is never explained. You'd almost think a writer actually had a plan for Dani... Almost.

Seeing that panel, it was unclear if she was talking about the Demon Bear, or that was some strange reference to Nate conjured up by Nate himself [given that the event shown never actually transpired].

Or it could have been a reference to something that happened between New Mutants vol.3 and Nate's return in Uncanny. The costumes seem to indicate Nate accidently inserted himself into the OG New Mutants the was he did the OG X-men, but I don't think I've ever heard Dani refer to the Demon Bear as "he" before. Always a first time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Circling back to the New Mutants / Lethal Legion mini-series, I'm only looking forward to it in the sense that it potentially gives the team [and Dani] an additional vehicle to shine. Given that the New Mutants consistently take a back seat to other X-books, that alone is inherently a good thing.

It seems based upon her statements that Charlie Jean Anders identifies a lot with Escapade. That's great, and representation is commendable. But I'm not enthusiastic about the book being hijacked by a couple of characters I don't particularly care about. Maybe that will change over time, but right now I view Escapade / Morgan as newbies that don't deserve to be headliners -- especially in my favorite title.

The 3 issue story-arc already headlined by those two felt like too much. Expanding that out to 8 issues seems like overkill, especially if Escapade is going to be the focal point. New Mutants is busy enough, with the core team and the secondary team of students the New Mutants are training getting short thrift as is.

And I qualify this by acknowledging that the story might be great -- maybe down the road, we'll look back at this mini-series as a new positive for the New Mutants --time will tell -- but it just seems to me [as a long term New Mutants fan] that the book is being used to launch another character instead of focusing on the characters that have stood the test of time over four-decades.
    I agree. I know it's important to have new and diverse characters, but I'd rather they started out in small roles and earned their stripes. Like, Martha has earned some spotlight time, people have been asking about her for years. Escapade hasn't earned this kind of attention at the expense of established characters.

But we'll see. Maybe she won't be as big a focus as the interview implies.

Oh, and Lethal Legion is only 5 issues, not 8. Probably just to fill in time before Fall of X shakes things up.

Oh, and Lethal Legion is only 5 issues, not 8. Probably just to fill in time before Fall of X shakes things up.

Understood -- I was talking about those 5 issues + the three issues already published in the main book.

Ah, sorry, I misread.

Dani makes an appearance in today's Karma Infinity comic. No lines, but nice art.

Happy New Year to Dani and all her fans, she definitely needs a bigger showing in 2023.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Happy New Year to you, too, Odd Rödney! Yeah, I hope she gets some good panel time this year.

A pic from today's Karma in Love story:

20230105_135121.jpg

I read that a week or so ago. Pretty good story. Dani didn't get much to do, just giving support, as she has for most of the Krakoa era, but it wasn't out of character.

I read that a week or so ago. Pretty good story. Dani didn't get much to do, just giving support, as she has for most of the Krakoa era, but it wasn't out of character.

Worth reading?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

That art nails her facially / her hair.

And apropos of nothing, seeing that image, here's something that has always seemed odd to me. I know that the extra cloth on the front of this version of her uniform design makes it distinctive from the more standard x-suits, but I can't imagine that it has any practical functionality in combat. Seems like it would actually be a liability.

But then again, across the superhero genre, I can't imagine that capes would be useful in combat, either -- and could actually be turned against you quite easily if someone grabbed ahold of it.

Worth reading?
    I wouldn't get Marvel Unlimited just for it. I do consider MU worth the price (cost of about 3 comics a month, less for annual), if you've got a tablet, for all the older comics you can read on it. It doesn't have everything (out of a 5 year run of X-man, there's only 20 issues), but it's pretty complete on the big series, including New Mutants. You also get the new comics about 3 months after they come out.

That art nails her facially / her hair.

And apropos of nothing, seeing that image, here's something that has always seemed odd to me. I know that the extra cloth on the front of this version of her uniform design makes it distinctive from the more standard x-suits, but I can't imagine that it has any practical functionality in combat. Seems like it would actually be a liability.

But then again, across the superhero genre, I can't imagine that capes would be useful in combat, either -- and could actually be turned against you quite easily if someone grabbed ahold of it.
    Yeah, it's a liability, but probably not as big a one as her braids. I don't think the current costume is quite as bad as the 90's one that let her stomach and legs with almost no protection. It's hard to balance "looks cool" with "that'll get you killed" when it comes to superhero comics.