Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Happy New Year to Dani and all her fans, she definitely needs a bigger showing in 2023.

@Odd Rodney -- your post makes me wonder whether besides the Lethal Legion mini-series, if Dani in particular [and the New Mutants in general] have any other opportunities outside the main book slated for 2023?

For example, in 2021 Dani had the Claremont Anniversary Issue, King in Black, the Peach Momoko one-shot, Indigenous Voices, etc.

What's queued up Ms. Moonstar in 2023?
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-06-2023 at 02:28 PM.

Just the mini, as far as I know. The last couple of years, she started strong and ended weak. Maybe it'll be the opposite, this year. Things will get shuffled a lot by Fall of X this summer, so hopefully she'll land somewhere good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Happy New Year to you, too, Odd Rödney! Yeah, I hope she gets some good panel time this year.
    Thanks, I hope it's a good one for all of us! What is that Karma In Love story you mentioned?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

It's an Infinity Comic on Marvel Unlimited. Specifically, Love Unlimited #31. They're short stories designed to be read on a phone. This one focuses on Karma's relationship with Ellie.

Edit: These seem to run weekly for six issues per character/couple, so it should be some good development for Karma.
    Last edited by Arachne; 01-07-2023 at 10:59 AM.

It's an Infinity Comic on Marvel Unlimited. Specifically, Love Unlimited #31. They're short stories designed to be read on a phone. This one focuses on Karma's relationship with Ellie.

Edit: These seem to run weekly for six issues per character/couple, so it should be some good development for Karma.
    I really need to get Marvel Unlimited. I miss heaps of stuff by not having it. Though, some of it seems to come out in print later on. Perhaps this will too.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

That's be nice, but I've gone digital now, anyway. Unless something comes out that I really want the TP of, later. Ayala's run almost qualified, but Dani didn't get much focus during it.

I just checked Marvel Unlimited and the annual price is about the same as a comic and a half per month. For me it's really worth it. I still buy new comics if I really love the series, but I can try ones I'm not sure about after 3 months through this. That's how I'm reading Judgement Day. They've also got a lot of older comics going back to Captain America's first appearance. And they seem to add 10-12 more older comics a week.

Getting this back on topic, sort of, they've got every Dani appearance I've looked up, so far.

That's be nice, but I've gone digital now, anyway. Unless something comes out that I really want the TP of, later. Ayala's run almost qualified, but Dani didn't get much focus during it.

I just checked Marvel Unlimited and the annual price is about the same as a comic and a half per month. For me it's really worth it. I still buy new comics if I really love the series, but I can try ones I'm not sure about after 3 months through this. That's how I'm reading Judgement Day. They've also got a lot of older comics going back to Captain America's first appearance. And they seem to add 10-12 more older comics a week.

Getting this back on topic, sort of, they've got every Dani appearance I've looked up, so far.
    Nice! I've promised my wife that as soon as this Krakoa thing is over and the new status quo is established I'll stop buying comics and switch to Marvel Unlimited. The physical collection already tales up one room in our house, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Nice! I've promised my wife that as soon as this Krakoa thing is over and the new status quo is established I'll stop buying comics and switch to Marvel Unlimited. The physical collection already tales up one room in our house, lol.
    Ha! Yeah, same here. Mine mostly fit under a bed, though.

Just went looking for X-Force annuals and they've only got up until '96 for the original series, and they're missing a good chunk of J F Moore's run. Some of Dani's best stuff. But, of course, they've got all of the Counter X issues and the soon to be renamed "X-static" issues...

I'm sure they'll get to the rest eventually. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to what old stuff gets uploaded.

Interesting. I've been using Comixology -- but for no particular reason. I've got a library there, so not sure whether it makes sense to switch.

But I probably should look into Marvel Unlimited as an alternative.

Probably. I only get comics I really want right when they come out from comixology, these days.

For the last couple of days, I've been reading AoA comics on it. I'm trying to come up with a theory for the two Danis. (The twin theory seems to have been mistaken.) Probably moot, now, with the recent Xavier story in Unlimited, but fun, nonetheless. And really, in an infinite multiverse the original AoA should should still exist somewhere.

Probably. I only get comics I really want right when they come out from comixology, these days.

For the last couple of days, I've been reading AoA comics on it. I'm trying to come up with a theory for the two Danis. (The twin theory seems to have been mistaken.) Probably moot, now, with the recent Xavier story in Unlimited, but fun, nonetheless. And really, in an infinite multiverse the original AoA should should still exist somewhere.
    Clone or younger sister.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Clone or younger sister.

Age of Apocalypse

In the Age of Apocalypse, Moonstar became one of Apocalypse's followers and a member of the Pale Riders, one of the Dark Lord's team of assassins. She earned the position due to her sadism and ruthlessness. Due to her origins, she was capable of infiltrating John Proudstar's Ghost Dance, learning that Nightcrawler was seeking a way to reach Avalon.[124]

Apocalypse sent the Pale Riders to follow Nightcrawler and destroy Avalon, however, during the journey, the sadistic Moonstar began to torture Dead Man Wade for fun, as his healing factor would regenerate any kind of wound. This angered Damask, the Pale Riders leader, who killed Moonstar after she refused to stop.[125]

In this timeline unlike the main reality, Danielle is revealed to have a sister named Dana Moonstar who also possessed the same powers as Danielle.[126]

So, that makes sense -- but I don't remember it ever being overtly explained.
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-10-2023 at 05:00 AM.

A clone seems most likely to me. I don't know where "Dana" comes from, since she was never named.
    Last edited by Arachne; 01-10-2023 at 07:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

A clone seems most likely to me. I don't know where "Dana" comes from, since she was never named.
    I know Dani was in X-Calibur. What series was “Dana” in?
    It’s been so long since I read those, I’m going off of 28 year memory.

The other Moonstar showed up in the Age of Apocalypse mini from 2005.

Here's a pic:

20230110_101450.jpg