Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Some additional information on Dana Moonstar:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/dana-...ar/4005-72242/

But I don't recall her being specifically identified as Dani's sister in AoA -- but it makes sense, given how that sadistic, alternative version of Dani was killed off earlier in the story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post

But I don't recall her being specifically identified as Dani's sister in AoA -- but it makes sense, given how that sadistic, alternative version of Dani was killed off earlier in the story.
    I assume due to Apocalypse‘a impact on the world, the Demon Bear never attacked Dani’s parents. So Dani was never sent to live with her grandfather. So the parents lived and had a another daughter when Dani was young.

That’s my no prize answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I assume due to Apocalypse‘a impact on the world, the Demon Bear never attacked Dani’s parents. So Dani was never sent to live with her grandfather. So the parents lived and had a another daughter when Dani was young.

That's as good a theory as any -- totally makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post

That never explains where the Dana theory, or the name, comes from, and it's not mentioned in any comic I've read, and as far as I know, I've read all of her appearances. From what I've read, the Morlocks are escapees from Sinister's pens who don't want to go to the surface while Sinister is still free.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Danie...ar_(Earth-295)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

It's certainly possible. I'm running with the theory that she's Sinister's back up clone who got loose with the rest of the Morlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That never explains where the Dana theory, or the name, comes from, and it's not mentioned in any comic I've read, and as far as I know, I've read all of her appearances. From what I've read, the Morlocks are escapees from Sinister's pens who don't want to go to the surface while Sinister is still free.

It's certainly possible. I'm running with the theory that she's Sinister's back up clone who got loose with the rest of the Morlocks.

That also would explain why Dana has exactly the same power set as Dani.
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-10-2023 at 01:17 PM.

Found a marvel.fandom.com thread discussing the issue. No one seems to know where the name "Dana" came from.

https://marvel.fandom.com/f/p/261893...88611297281305

Found a marvel.fandom.com thread discussing the issue. No one seems to know where the name "Dana" came from.

https://marvel.fandom.com/f/p/261893...88611297281305

That's really interesting / informative. A couple of years ago, when I got back into collecting, I did some research on Dani and was surprised to see references to her younger sister. I think I found that same ComicVine bio for "Dana Moonstar," and given that I hadn't read AoA at that point, I just took it at face value.

When I actually read it, I was surprised that they didn't overtly identify her -- because it was clearly a different character, given what happened to that continuity's version of Dani earlier in the story. But I hadn't considered that it might be a clone.

Funny that the article you posted called out that the reference is also included in Dani's wikipedia page. And if it's on the internet...

Well, CB Cebulski didn't get his own name right in the credits, so how can we expect him to get the character names right?

Seriously, I think Dana is probably a typo that took on a life of its own. (Hey, if Peter "Palmer" can show up in a Spider-man comic...)

I've got a question for the group:

Dani just celebrated her 40th "birthday" of being in publication in September 2022. We know that she was 16 years old when she joined the New Mutants originally, and ~17 at the end of Claremont's / beginning of Simonson's run.

Toward the end of volume 1, she left to spend an undefined amount of time in Asgard, before returning some time later as first an X-Force foe then as a member of that time. After quitting X-Force, she disappeared out of X-books for another unspecified period of time before returning first as a recruiter [in NM volume 2] / teacher [New X-Men]. Then she lost her powers, and Emma frost sent her away for another span of time, before she came back in NM volume 3. The team's currently is now in volume 4, on Krakoa.

Now -- as we all know, Marvel likes to poke fun of itself about the perpetually sliding time scale. They even had a panel overtly making this joke in the 40th anniversary issue [vol 4, Issue #30]:

Screenshot 2023-01-11 142342.jpg

So with all of that in mind, how old do you think Danielle Moonstar is "chronologically" at this point?

Is she still a late teen?

20?

Early 20s?

Beyond that?

I think she's probably an adult, in the sense that she's over 21 at this point. Karma is a few years older than her, and is shown to drink at that bar with some frequency, but that doesn't necessarily imply that Dani is of age [although I think she is]. So I'm going to throw a dart at the dartboard and say -- 22 years old.

I'd say she was supposed to be 18 or 19 during her time on X-Force. Just before Age of Apocalypse, Siryn was talking about going to college, so that would fit, even if Dani's a bit younger that Terry.

She's at least 3 years older than Rahne (unless I'm misremembering something) and Rahne was teaching in New Mutants vol.2. I can't see that happening if Rahne wasn't 18 at that point, making Dani 21 then. That's quite a time jump between the 2 runs, though.

That was close to 20 years ago, so she should have agreed a couple of years since then, so I'd say she's around 23 or 24, now. If Marvel let's her age, that is.

What's the formula supposed to be now, anyway? It used to be 5 years real time was 1 year Marvel time, which would fit my estimate, but I'm sure that's shifted by now.

Astonishing Member

Mid 90s Moonstar still remains my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Mid 90s Moonstar still remains my favorite.

Interesting to see the various iterations of that costume. Always thought that the spider-man-esque version of the mask was the coolest.

Also interesting to note that her time with X-Force [as both foe / member] was the only timeframe where she broke from the classic X-suit and had her own distinctive look -- both as pictured above and like this:

costume3.jpg
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-12-2023 at 09:29 AM.

And this one:

6c6726becf6f66dcda9d5f53db5931c2.jpg

Not my favorite, by any stretch, but at least there's more to it than yellow and black.

Dani was in Karma in Love again this week, and this time is not a flashback. Don't want to spoil it, but it looks like she'll have a bigger role next week. Maybe with some lines.

And this one:

6c6726becf6f66dcda9d5f53db5931c2.jpg

Not my favorite, by any stretch, but at least there's more to it than yellow and black.

Dani was in Karma in Love again this week, and this time is not a flashback. Don't want to spoil it, but it looks like she'll have a bigger role next week. Maybe with some lines.

Arachne, what was your take about what happened at the end, with Dani?

Curious to her your impressions / interpretation.

Did you read it? I thought it was the best Infinity story I've read, so far.

spoilers:
    I'm pretty sure the ending is deliberately misleading. Dani's probably talking to Elle about Xuan. I can't see Dani stealing a best friend's girl (or guy). I suppose it's possible that Elle is flirting and Dani's just oblivious, but I really think this will have a happy ending for Karma.
    end of spoilers