Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

They struck a balance between the bow being physical and psionic by having it charge up when shooting psi-arrows but Moonstar can still use for some melee fighting as well.
    Does the progression of names indicate levels and power changes?
    “Dark Angel”?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

More on Dani's debut in Contest of Champions:

https://thedisinsider.com/2023/06/06...ons-this-june/

I didn't realize that there was a broader back story to this game. Seemed like a Mortal Kombat / single battle at a time action game, but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    I didn't realize that there was a broader back story to this game. Seemed like a Mortal Kombat / single battle at a time action game, but maybe not.
    https://gaminglyfe.com/mutants-dani-...-of-champions/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That's amazing in itself. And they let her beat, or seem to beat, Lady Deathstrike. It's a shame this game looks too fast paced for my internet. Not that I'm any good at games like this, anyway.
    Did they actually *DO* any research on either of these characters? Sorry, but Dani would've been out of the fight after one or two hits from Deathstrike's claws.

End of battle.

And before anyone starts whining,this fight is exactly the same as when Dani took on the demon bear and got gutted by it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-07-2023 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Did they actually *DO* any research on either of these characters? Sorry, but Dani would've been out of the fight after one or two hits from Deathstrike's claws.

End of battle.

And before anyone starts whining,this fight is exactly the same as when Dani took on the demon bear and got gutted by it.
    It's a video game. You can make a de-powered Jubilee beat Thanos if you want.

Edit: Even if it were pen and paper game(which I've never played in my life) Wolfsbane could beat Gladiator. It's true.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPb2...OSIV2d&index=9
    Skip to 9:18. He's playing that game from New Mutants 2019 data page titled "FIGHT!" Issue 4.
    Last edited by wlfking; 06-07-2023 at 10:06 AM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
    Verra nice!
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    It's a video game. You can make a de-powered Jubilee beat Thanos if you want.

Edit: Even if it were pen and paper game(which I've never played in my life) Wolfsbane could beat Gladiator. It's true.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPb2...OSIV2d&index=9
    Skip to 9:18. He's playing that game from New Mutants 2019 data page titled "FIGHT!" Issue 4.
    Depowered nothing. Dani is plain outclassed here. I suspect when she asked Logan how would she fight someone like him, Logan said "Don't get hit"

And come on. Using her bow as a club against someone like Deathstrike? Really? Like Illyana and Xi"an, Dani is likely a fairly decent swordswoman. Frankly, I can see the three of them engaging in swordsplay against each other. I really doubt she'ld be using her bow in the way this game depicts if if there was any real knowlege of the character here.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-07-2023 at 03:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

End of battle.

How many video games feature blade weapons cutting like they should, rather than just shaving an arbitrary amount of "health/hit points" off an enemy?

Of those games which depict blade weapons accurately, how many are Marvel games featuring adamantium blades like those of Death Strike and Wolverine?

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is still one of the most popular video games featuring Marvel characters and it allows for someone like Cyclops to beat Shuma Gorath and a little robot that looks like a lego figure to beat Magneto. It doesn't seem to have bothered many Marvel or Capcom fans that these outcomes are possible.

Arbitrary weapon damage is a common element in video games. Considering those scenes were supposed to show gameplay, it would seem obvious that in a "lore accurate" fight Dani would have never gotten hit at all or only getting scratches via dodging near hits.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-07-2023 at 04:38 PM.

End of battle.

This post ^^^ shows a fundamental lack of understanding about how Dani's powers work, and how she would use them in such situations.

I don't think that anybody would dispute that it would be foolish for someone like Dani -- despite being an expert hand to hand combatant -- who lacks physical enhancements for battle to try to go toe-to-toe with Lady Deathstrike. She'd get carved up.

But Dani's powers allow for that never to happen. She could incapacitate Lady Deathstrike using her fear based illusion powers, ending the fight before it began. Or fry her from afar with neural arrows, bringing LD to her knees before she had a chance to engage in melee.

I think you vastly underestimate how Dani's powers work, and how potent they are. Just because writers have basically relegated her to being an archer doesn't mean that's all she can do.

Besides -- this is a video game, about comic book characters with super powers. Since when is realism a concern?

Lady Deathstrike fights the same way Wolverine and Sabretooth does charges right in and slashes her opponents with her claws, while relying on her healing factor to repair any damage, this puts her at a major disadvantage against any enemy with reaction time needed to dodge her attacks. Dani is fast enough to this especially since Deathstrike would slowed by the debilitating effects of Dani's powers.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Incredible Member

This post ^^^ shows a fundamental lack of understanding about how Dani's powers work, and how she would use them in such situations.

I don't think that anybody would dispute that it would be foolish for someone like Dani -- despite being an expert hand to hand combatant -- who lacks physical enhancements for battle to try to go toe-to-toe with Lady Deathstrike. She'd get carved up.

But Dani's powers allow for that never to happen. She could incapacitate Lady Deathstrike using her fear based illusion powers, ending the fight before it began. Or fry her from afar with neural arrows, bringing LD to her knees before she had a chance to engage in melee.

I think you vastly underestimate how Dani's powers work, and how potent they are. Just because writers have basically relegated her to being an archer doesn't mean that's all she can do.

Besides -- this is a video game, about comic book characters with super powers. Since when is realism a concern?
    Read the posts here. A majority of people posting here in fact disputed this. Even more laughable is the take on her powers that this game displays.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Lady Deathstrike fights the same way Wolverine and Sabretooth does charges right in and slashes her opponents with her claws, while relying on her healing factor to repair any damage, this puts her at a major disadvantage against any enemy with reaction time needed to dodge her attacks. Dani is fast enough to this especially since Deathstrike would slowed by the debilitating effects of Dani's powers.

No she isn't fast enough. And given the sort of damage that both Deathstrike's and Logan's claws dish out a glancing hit by them is all that's needed to take out someone like Dani unless she's powered up by Hela like when she fought Ares.

Incredible Member

Fear has it's limits,especially if you're aware of it. Someone like Deathstrike would recognize what going on like Selene has done and resist Dani's powers.

Frankly I doubt Dani could fire of enough arrows before she gets carved up by Deathstrike.