Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Speaking of AoA -- here is a random article I came across that mentioned that alternate universe's Dani, and her fate:

https://screenrant.com/deadpool-age-...marvel-comics/

images.jpg

Yet another reason I'm not fond of Warren Ellis's writing. Why was Dani even in that story? Admittedly, it's awhile since I've read it, but I don't recall her doing anything to impact the story. She was just there to be killed off and even that seemed meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yet another reason I'm not fond of Warren Ellis's writing. Why was Dani even in that story? Admittedly, it's awhile since I've read it, but I don't recall her doing anything to impact the story. She was just there to be killed off and even that seemed meaningless.
    Worst part is the 616 counterpart of the person who killed her is a civilian with no powers that only showed up once so that AOA Nightcrawler had something to angst about.

Last edited by norj; 01-14-2023 at 10:14 AM.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

I think Warren Ellis has something against women in red headbands.

From X-man #68:

20230114_135329.jpg

20230114_135401.jpg

Or maybe he just doesn't like strong women. They do seem to end up dead or insane/evil from what I've read of his work in the last week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Worst part is the 616 counterpart of the person who killed her is a civilian with no powers that only showed up once so that AOA Nightcrawler had something to angst about.

I didn't even realize that there was a 616 counterpart for Damask. I always wondered who she was -- if that was a variant name for some existing character that I connect connect the dots to.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    Interesting to see the various iterations of that costume. Always thought that the spider-man-esque version of the mask was the coolest.

Also interesting to note that her time with X-Force [as both foe / member] was the only timeframe where she broke from the classic X-suit and had her own distinctive look -- both as pictured above and like this:

Attachment 128382
    She's worse than Kitty who also had multiple variations of the Xmen training suit

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's worse than Kitty who also had multiple variations of the Xmen training suit
    Ugh... who can forget THIS abomination...

shadowcat-bigcostume2 - Copy.jpg

Yeah, Dani's just a closer runner up to Kitty, in this case. Still, someone with fashion sense needs to take Dani shopping.

With all of the discussion about AoA above -- I have another question for the group: is there any alternate version of Danielle Moonstar that you like better than others?

There are lots to choose from. In no particular order:

-- AoA
    -- House of M
    -- Age of X
    -- X-Men: The End
    -- Mangaverse
    -- Age of X-Man

I'd say she was supposed to be 18 or 19 during her time on X-Force. Just before Age of Apocalypse, Siryn was talking about going to college, so that would fit, even if Dani's a bit younger that Terry.

She's at least 3 years older than Rahne (unless I'm misremembering something) and Rahne was teaching in New Mutants vol.2. I can't see that happening if Rahne wasn't 18 at that point, making Dani 21 then. That's quite a time jump between the 2 runs, though.

That was close to 20 years ago, so she should have agreed a couple of years since then, so I'd say she's around 23 or 24, now. If Marvel let's her age, that is.

What's the formula supposed to be now, anyway? It used to be 5 years real time was 1 year Marvel time, which would fit my estimate, but I'm sure that's shifted by now.

Any other guesses?

Curious to hear the logic behind the number.

I'm curious, too. I haven't seen a discussion of character ages for awhile, and it used to be a perennially hot topic.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    With all of the discussion about AoA above -- I have another question for the group: is there any alternate version of Danielle Moonstar that you like better than others?

There are lots to choose from. In no particular order:

-- AoA
    -- House of M
    -- Age of X
    -- X-Men: The End
    -- Mangaverse
    -- Age of X-Man
    Of that list, Age of X (the costume rocked) and X-men: The End are my favourites. I also really like the What if... the X-men Stayed in Asgard issue where Dani replaces Hela.

So... am I interpreting this correctly? There won't be another New Mutants vol 4 issue over the next several months [the last issue was published on December 28th]?

And their next publication [outside of anthologized collections] isn't until March 8th -- the Lethal Legion mini-series?

Seems kind of odd.

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-xmen-comics/

Yep. The ongoing has been cancelled and the mini doesn't start for two more months. I suspect the mini is just too tide over fans until Fall off X.

At least there should be four more issues of Karma in Love.

Rest in Peace Artist JASON PEARSON
    An inspired pinup of Danielle Moonstar and the Demon Bear
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Yep. The ongoing has been cancelled and the mini doesn't start for two more months. I suspect the mini is just too tide over fans until Fall off X.

At least there should be four more issues of Karma in Love.

Wait... what?!? So volume 4 is cancelled???

With the final three issues being centered around a plot involving an irrelevant newbie character?\

No epic conclusion? No grand finale type of ending?
    Last edited by rf2044; 01-18-2023 at 05:01 AM.