Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Indeed. Quite reminiscent of the Ian Churchill version

Notice how for years one side of Nathan's body was entirely Techno-Organic and now it seems it's just his upper trunk?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Notice how for years one side of Nathan's body was entirely Techno-Organic and now it seems it's just his upper trunk?
    Correct, it was always an entire side that was ravaged by the virus instead of just one arm:

However, Cable and the virus were separated and reintegrated multiple times throughout the years. My headcanon explanation is that after his most recent resurrection, Nathan has greater control over the spread of the virus and was able to limit its spread.

PS. Ian Churchill was on fire in those years. His Cable, Domino, Storm, Rictor, Shatterstar were all so damn sexy.

Yes, but much of the T-O seen in that scan was always beneath the surface of his flesh and blood. Except for the left arm which was so ravaged that it was basically gone, and hence why he has bionic prosthetics that can mesh with his T-O (he can also grow a left arm from techno-organics by consuming raw materials if need be). So originally Liefeld drew Cable with only a bionic left arm, because initially he wasn't even a time-displaced Nathan Summers from the future, infected with a T-O virus at all. Later on I think it was Greg Capullo who started showing him as more cybernetic, taking it all the way to the entire left torso; and in X-Cutioner's Song we even got this panel where he's ravaged by Stryfe's raw power and his flesh gets torn away, so we see his entire left side as cybernetic, or techo-organic rather...

IMG_7111.jpg

From there, some artists, like Ian Churchill or Igor Kordey, did draw his entire left side as T-O, all the way down to his left leg and foot. But that has been inconsistent, and most artists have stuck with the Capullo "left torso" look for him when he's shirtless/wearing little clothing.

My favorite was how Mike Choi drew him in Second Coming, in the scene where Beast is examining him prior to them using his imbedded bodyslide tech to jump into the future. I can't find it via Google search unfortunately or I'd post it. But it's a cool image showing pretty well how his T-O really meshes with his organic tissue at a cellular level. So it's not all jagged and "torn looking" like it was, for example, in Deadpool 2 in Josh Brolin's shirtless scenes. Rather it is kind of seamless. Because, again, it's at a cellular level.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-01-2023 at 07:51 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Ian Churchill was on fire in those years. His Cable, Domino, Storm, Rictor, Shatterstar were all so damn sexy.
    Yeah! Even though it was ever so brief, I'd toss in Nate Grey: X-Man onto that pile (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-01-2023 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Speaking of costumes... I do like Kid Cable's costume. It would look cool on adult Cable IMO if they just ditched the sleeve on the right arm (apparently he's already ditched the sleeve on the left bionic arm)...

... but I also want to see what this new one he's going to wear in Children of the Vault looks like in color.
    Okay, I must be out of the loop. What comic did this panel come from? Is it upcoming? Or is it out already?

X-men #24 which comes out this week (July 5). By Gerry Duggan and Josh Cassara. That’s the first page from the preview.

Yes, but much of the T-O seen in that scan was always beneath the surface of his flesh and blood. Except for the left arm which was so ravaged that it was basically gone, and hence why he has bionic prosthetics that can mesh with his T-O (he can also grow a left arm from techno-organics by consuming raw materials if need be). So originally Liefeld drew Cable with only a bionic left arm, because initially he wasn't even a time-displaced Nathan Summers from the future, infected with a T-O virus at all. Later on I think it was Greg Capullo who started showing him as more cybernetic, taking it all the way to the entire left torso; and in X-Cutioner's Song we even got this panel where he's ravaged by Stryfe's raw power and his flesh gets torn away, so we see his entire left side as cybernetic, or techo-organic rather...

IMG_7111.jpg
    Always love seeing the flesh ripped away & revealing the cybernetics underneath. A genius move from Liefeld starting that trend (IMHO):
    From there, some artists, like Ian Churchill or Igor Kordey, did draw his entire left side as T-O, all the way down to his left leg and foot. But that has been inconsistent, and most artists have stuck with the Capullo "left torso" look for him when he's shirtless/wearing little clothing.
    I know, right?! Then Ed McGuinness came along (LOL):

My favorite was how Mike Choi drew him in Second Coming, in the scene where Beast is examining him prior to them using his imbedded bodyslide tech to jump into the future. I can't find it via Google search unfortunately or I'd post it. But it's a cool image showing pretty well how his T-O really meshes with his organic tissue at a cellular level. So it's not all jagged and "torn looking" like it was, for example, in Deadpool 2 in Josh Brolin's shirtless scenes. Rather it is kind of seamless. Because, again, it's at a cellular level.
    Jackraow21, I believe this is what you're referring to...

X-Force #27

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-04-2023 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

That’s the one! Thanks, K7P5V. Love how it depicts the seamless cellular bonding of flesh and blood with techno-organics…

IMG_7167.jpg

So canonically Cable and Moira met for the first time right before the 3rd Hellfire Gala. I'm not digging this retcon as a retcon unless he is mindwiped and loses all memories of the Krakoa era

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So canonically Cable and Moira met for the first time right before the 3rd Hellfire Gala. I'm not digging this retcon as a retcon unless he is mindwiped and loses all memories of the Krakoa era
    When he was first resurrected by Kid Cable to fight Stryfe, he said something along the lines of..back in Krakoa again Chuck?

Time travellers & the multi-verse gives me a headache.

Too Moira and Nate Grey Excalibur 95 and X-Man 26

Well, no Cable in DP3 sadly. At least if MyTimeToShine is correct. Will probably be awhile before we see the character again on film in that case… unless somehow he makes an appearance in Avengers: Secret Wars.

Attachment 133169

https://twitter.com/mytimetoshineh/s...WrR5R7DGIdZpEQ

1 X-Men Hero TERRIFIES the MCU's Time Variance Authority
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/1-...690b581a&ei=14

Also, there's still hope down the line for Cable to show up in the MCU...

Josh Brolin Still Expected To Return As Cable...But It Reportedly WON'T Be In DEADPOOL 3!
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...4274#gs.33t5q4

Cable as the new Punisher…

IMG_7290.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen.../new_punisher/

… unlikely, but I can’t look at those guns and pouches and not think Cable.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

What are everyone's thoughts on Igor Kordey's Cable?

As much as I enjoyed Liefeld and Liefeld-esque takes on the character at the time (mainly Ian Churchill's), I often find myself going back to Kordey's version as the "default Cable" in my head as for me he really captured Nathan's main traits: a battle-hardened, grizzled soldier, his face weary yet defiant, his body ravaged by the TO virus instead of it being a pretty metal arm, in great shape but not ridiculously muscular. I also see a lot of Igor Kordey's Cable in Josh Brolin's interpretation of the character.