Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

100% on the Cable x Spirits train.

Yeah, there was this issue (and I cannot remember the series; maybe Deadpool or something Deadpool related) that showed how Cable got all his money for his safe houses and operations and whatnot, and that was through some "Biff" like 'Back to the Future II' stuff where he played the stock market before and after the great crash of 1929 using his future knowledge to get rich. I remember this issue being during the Prohibition Era and feel like there was a scene where they were drinking spirits, but cannot recall for sure. Regardless, he just seems like that type of guy.

On another note, I'd love to see more of that kind of stuff in Cable's history... his jumps to and activities in the 20th Century... how he built his wealth, how he helped Moira and Charles, past missions as a soldier of fortune working with the U.S. military, etc.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Amazing Member

Favourite Cable appearance is A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers

Can't get a Scotch whiskey - it's Scotch whisky (being Scottish....and worked in the whisky industry )

Thanks. Was not aware of that spelling distinction. You learn something new every day.

For the record, I'm Scottish too. On my paternal grandmother's side. So perhaps I should've known this...

Incredible Member

So, we've got an explanation on why Bishop hasn't brought his friends back. I really do hope that we get an explanation on why Cable hasn't brought Tyler or Aliya back yet.

Well, Aliya hasn't been born yet and won't be for millennia. Same with Tyler, but the difference is he spent significant time here in this era as Tolliver and then later as Genesis. So Xavier should have a Cerebro back up of him, but it would be corrupted by Stryfe, who took him and warped him in the future timeline where Cable grew up prior to him returning. Not sure how you'd fix that honestly. Maybe that's why Cable hasn't brought him back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I miss the 90's as well. My favorite era as a matter of fact.
    Me too. Good times, all the way (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    As far as beer of choice, I think he could go for anything when the time presents itself. He wouldn't be picky for sure. Even a cold Miller Lite would suffice.
    Indeed. Even when it's warm, he'll still take a swig (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, there was this issue (and I cannot remember the series; maybe Deadpool or something Deadpool related) that showed how Cable got all his money for his safe houses and operations and whatnot, and that was through some "Biff" like 'Back to the Future II' stuff where he played the stock market before and after the great crash of 1929 using his future knowledge to get rich. I remember this issue being during the Prohibition Era and feel like there was a scene where they were drinking spirits, but cannot recall for sure. Regardless, he just seems like that type of guy.

On another note, I'd love to see more of that kind of stuff in Cable's history... his jumps to and activities in the 20th Century... how he built his wealth, how he helped Moira and Charles, past missions as a soldier of fortune working with the U.S. military, etc.
    Agreed, especially about Moira & Cable. Would love to know more about their secret history together...

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-09-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Well, I was right about him liking darker, heavier beers... and I had forgotten that scene. What can I say? I know my boy.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. Good times, all the way (XD)

Indeed. Even when it's warm, he'll still take a swig (LOL):

Agreed, especially about Moira & Cable. Would love to know more about their secret history together...

Awesome stuff there! I remember that scene with Cable and Kane. 20 questions 20 answers! Didn't remember what was said about the beer though.

And also, yes there could be so much to tell about him and Moira.
    Last edited by cable guy; 01-11-2023 at 06:27 AM.

Well, I was right about him liking darker, heavier beers... and I had forgotten that scene. What can I say? I know my boy.
    For sure, you called that one!!

I'd like to see Cable versus Kane again. Their fight in the 'Blood & Metal' mini series in the snow was pretty awesome. To me he makes a good villain, especially when he was hooked up with Department K, G.W. Bridge and Weapon P.R.I.M.E.

I would still like to see some more stories of Cable as "The Traveler" and have him interact with the ancient world. He could team up with Ulysses Bloodstone, Hercules and the like.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    I would still like to see some more stories of Cable as "The Traveler" and have him interact with the ancient world. He could team up with Ulysses Bloodstone, Hercules and the like.
    That would be good, a lot could be done with that.

That last panel doesn't read "Cable & Hope" to me.