Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Not really. I feel like Cable’s never had much of a relationship with his biological mother, so why start now? It’s clear he considers Jean more of a mother figure since she raised him in the future for about 12 years or so (in the Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix), as heartbreaking as that may be for Maddie. But Nathan was pretty standoffish towards Scott and Jean for quite some time too after coming back to this era, not really opening up to them at all or even acknowledging their connection. He finally came clean and warmed to them after X-Cutioner’s Song, when he seemingly died and then returned. However, my point is that I think he’d still be rather standoffish towards his biological mother who didn’t raise him and basically made a pact with a demon and went insane and tried to kill him and everyone else.

The conversation might be entertaining, though, now that I think about it… especially the way Ewing writes Cable with a pretty sharp wit. I could see him dropping a similar line on Madelyne to the one he dropped on Thunderbird in issue #1 of X-men Red (the “you had a plane to catch” zinger).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

So… Cable fans, what do we think of the Askani’son’s latest developments in X-men Red #10?

He has now mastered control on his T/O (I’m assuming at its source code level) and can weaponize it. Like so…

B8A15898-4564-4C27-B5FA-09F980B3C854.jpg

and he has installed Wiz Kid as the new Commander of S.W.O.R.D., with himself staying on as Security Chief… referring to himself as an “Agent of S.W.O.R.D.” Which has a very cool ring to it… Cable: Agent of S.W.O.R.D.

Sounds like a comic book series to me. Reminiscent of “Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.” I’m sure that’s intentional on Ewing’s part. Basically making Nathan an interplanetary version of Fury.

Thoughts?

We need to bring back the captions that identify folks in very IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW ways.
    I wanna see a caption that says "Nathan Christopher Summers. CABLE. Askani Son. Daddy"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    In 2022, the Askani’son was killed by the Progenitors and also by Uranos… twice! Thankfully his daughter heads up The Five and the Resurrection Protocols.

Against Uranos, he brought out his biggest gun and made him bleed, in a solid showing. In the case of the Progentiors… well, he uncovered the treachery of Abigail Brand and her role in that attack, among many other machinations, and formed his own X-men Red squad to go after her. Currently on the World Farm about to do battle with some powerful aliens and Orbis Stellaris…

NATHAN SUMMERS: CABLE
    Sent to the future to survive a deadly infection, the cybernetically enhanced mutant Cable returns to the present and helps the X-Men.

Vital Stats
    HEIGHT: 6'6''
    WEIGHT: 350 lbs.
    EYES: Blue, mechanical right eye
    HAIR: White, formerly brown
    UNIVERSE: Marvel Universe 616 (Prime)
    OTHER ALIASES: Soldier X, X-32, Nathan Winters, Nathan Dayspring Summers, Son of Tomorrow, Man of Tomorrow, Soldier of Tomorrow, Traveler, Chosen One, Nathan Dayspring Askani'son
    EDUCATION: Extensive Askani training; Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law
    PLACE OF ORIGIN: Salem Center, Westerchester County, New York
    IDENTITY: Publicly known
    LEGAL STATUS: Unknown; previously wanted as an outlaw/terrorist by U.S. authorities
    KNOWN RELATIVES: Madelyn Pryor-Summers (mother, deceased), Jean Grey-Summers (Phoenix/Redd Dayspring, stepmother, deceased), Scott Summers (Cyclops/Slym Dayspring, father), Rachel Grey (Marvel Girl, alternate timeline half-sister), Nate Grey (X-Man, alternate timeline half-brother), Hope Summers-80521 (spouse, deceased), Aliya Jenskot (spouse, deceased), Hope Summers (adopted daughter), Tyler Dayspring (Genesis, adopted son, deceased), Alexander Summers (Havok, uncle), Gabriel Summers (Vulcan, uncle, deceased), Christopher Summers (Corsair, paternal grandfather, deceased), Katherine Anne Summers (paternal grandmother, deceased), Deborah Summers (paternal great-grandmother), John Grey (maternal step-grandfather, deceased), Elaine Grey (maternal step-grandmother, deceased), Stryfe (clone, deceased)… NOTE: Biiig family
    POWERS: Telekinesis, telepathy (mutant abilities); force field, teleportation (technology generated)
    GROUP AFFILIATIONS: Clan Chosen, Six Pack, X-Force, X-men, Avengers, S.W.O.R.D., New X-Terminators
    FIRST APPEARANCE: (as Nathan Christopher Summers) X-MEN (first series) #201; (as Cable) NEW MUTANTS #87

Power Ratings (NOTE: Consensus Rating)
    DURABILITY: Level 3
    STAMINA: Level 4
    FIGHTING ABILITY: Level 7* (NOTE: This is the highest level)
    INTELLIGENCE: Level 4
    STRENGTH: Level 3
    SPEED: Level 2 (NOTE: w/ Teleportation Level 7)
    AGILITY: Level 3
    ENERGY PROJECTION: 2 (NOTE: not including use of weaponry; also T-O virus dependent)
    MENTAL POWERS: Variable** (NOTE: T-O virus dependent)
    He's shrunk!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    We need to bring back the captions that identify folks in very IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW ways.
    I wanna see a caption that says "Nathan Christopher Summers. CABLE. Askani Son. Daddy"
    Perfection! Ha. Still on a high from today's issue. Such a great showing for Cable, which sets up an interesting new status quo to explore in a couple of ways... with regards to both his powers, with his TK now having full mastery over his T/O and being able to manipulate it, and his role as the Agent of S.W.O.R.D. Good $#!t.

So… Cable fans, what do we think of the Askani’son’s latest developments in X-men Red #10?

He has now mastered control on his T/O (I’m assuming at its source code level) and can weaponize it. Like so…

B8A15898-4564-4C27-B5FA-09F980B3C854.jpg

and he has installed Wiz Kid as the new Commander of S.W.O.R.D., with himself staying on as Security Chief… referring to himself as an “Agent of S.W.O.R.D.” Which has a very cool ring to it… Cable: Agent of S.W.O.R.D.

Sounds like a comic book series to me. Reminiscent of “Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.” I’m sure that’s intentional on Ewing’s part. Basically making Nathan an interplanetary version of Fury.

Thoughts?
    Loved it! Absolutely Love it!

Ewing is the man.

Perfection! Ha. Still on a high from today's issue. Such a great showing for Cable, which sets up an interesting new status quo to explore in a couple of ways... with regards to both his powers, with his TK now having full mastery over his T/O and being able to manipulate it, and his role as the Agent of S.W.O.R.D. Good $#!t.
    I'm still on a high a day later. Read it twice yesterday.

I was going to say the same thing, that this could be a whole new status quo for Cable. Between the look of his arm, which is minor but would be really cool. And not only the ability to keep the T/O in check but to use it to his advantage. Weaponizing it so to speak.

Again great job Ewing. Hope you can finish it. The seeds are planted for Cable to make a strong comeback.

Friends, my LCS was closed yesterday because Minnesota weather was HEAVY, so can any of my Askani'sons tell me: Is Cable's T/O arm the black w/ blue throughout the issue (like the beautiful mech armor in the earlier image) or does it revert back to the classic silver metal? Humble thanks! Viva Nathan! So happy for his stans!

Re: Cable & Madelyne, they did have a couple of interactions in the 90's. I feel like we've seen enough stories about Madelyne focused on Jean and Limbo (and I say that as someone who's enjoying Dark Web: X-Men) and a nice change of pace would be having her going after Sinister to DESTROY him and trying (and probably failing) to create a relationship with Nathan.

Friends, my LCS was closed yesterday because Minnesota weather was HEAVY, so can any of my Askani'sons tell me: Is Cable's T/O arm the black w/ blue throughout the issue (like the beautiful mech armor in the earlier image) or does it revert back to the classic silver metal? Humble thanks! Viva Nathan! So happy for his stans!
    The last we see of Cable he's actually still in the T/O armor you see above.

It is not. It's metal until he uses his TK to reach out and smash the big glass tubes where they've been breeding his stolen T/O virus (as seen in XMR #8 when they arrive at the World Farm) and reclaims it, absorbing it and manipulating it into that black/blue Technarch-looking mech armor and weapons. I think it's similar to how, also in XMR #8, he "summons" the T/O virus in his arm and it kind of envelops the metal bionic arm (like a symbiote) and he pops Wolverine claws with it. Apparently this is why he wanted to be resurrected with the virus, to continue to study it and master it. Which he apparently now has. So I find this to be a highly interesting status quo change for him that needs to be further explored.

My hypothesis is that he's now mastered it by using his TK/TP to effectively "hack" its source code, which is indeed the Technarh/Phalanx transmode virus, and so he can manipulate it the same way Warlock or Magus can utilize their own physiology. And perhaps his T/O virus itself, the Apocalypse strain cultivated by En Sabah Nur to make it more deadly, has mutated as well. Remember when he was falling to Earth at the end of S.W.O.R.D. using all his TK to try and control the descent of The Peak space station upon re-entry as it fell to Earth? I'm thinking the cosmic radiation from that event could have also mutated the virus as it raged out of control (with his TK otherwise preoccupied and thus not able to contain it), which is why it started to look all blue/black and "Warlock-y" in the first place. Since it never looked that way before. Not in Cable's entire history, even during all the other times his T/O virus raged out of control. So I'm thinking this may have actually been a fortuitous event which helped him to master it, since the source code transmode virus is easier to manipulate. Or something like that. This is just a hypothesis, mind you, but it makes sense to me.

Regardless, however he does it, the point is he can now manipulate his T/O virus and when he does it takes on that cool ("beautiful" as you put it) blue/black mech look. Which is rad and I want to see more of it in the future. I'm sure we will. By issue's end he's still rocking the armor and thus his left arm still looks that way, but I believe when it recedes inside his body that his left arm will just look metal again. But we'll see. The first couple of issues of XMR had his left arm looking this way and not metal, so I guess we won't know until issue #11 after SoS sadly.

Happy New Year to Cable and his badass fans! I hope he gets a good showing in 2023 and maybe kills Abigail Brand.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Thanks, Rodney. Appreciate it.

Here’s a BC article on the latest issue and that X-Cutioner’s Song (not to be confused with X-Tinction Agenda, Rich) reference…

Cable Makes His Biggest Nineties Reference Ever
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cabl...eference-ever/

Man, Ewing writes such an awesome Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Happy New Year to Cable and his badass fans! I hope he gets a good showing in 2023 and maybe kills Abigail Brand.
    Thanks, Happy New Year to you!

man, I used to love those cards back in the day.
    Me too! My Favorite will always be the '92 version (XD)