Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I'm highly interested in whether this was foreshadowing by Duggan for something coming in 'Fall of X' or just a throwaway line on a data page near the end of his Cable run...

From: https://twitter.com/nationoftin/stat...40291635625984

Really hoping it's foreshadowing for something cool coming in 2023 with our boy, the Askani'son. Fingers crossed...
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

A convention banner from artist Phillip Sevy, a major Cable fan...

https://twitter.com/phillipsevy/stat...98539962507264

If they decide to replace Josh Brolin as Cable for the MCU version, this dude gets my vote…

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...77037483728904

4B5FE417-42E5-4AAC-95F7-5E83D9F2FEFE.jpg 9268832E-3D28-4323-AE2D-0247940FCAB9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If they decide to replace Josh Brolin as Cable for the MCU version, this dude gets my vote…

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...77037483728904

4B5FE417-42E5-4AAC-95F7-5E83D9F2FEFE.jpg 9268832E-3D28-4323-AE2D-0247940FCAB9.jpg
    I'd second that vote for sure.

So... what do we think Cable fans? Does this May solicit for X-Force #40 scream "Nathan is coming back to X-Force" to you too...

BACK FROM THE FUTURE!

The new team of COLOSSUS, WOLVERINE, DEADPOOL, OMEGA RED, SAGE and DOMINO must contend with BEAST’S plans…and the future! A blast from their past will have readers talking, and sets the stage for the next era of X-FORCE!

VARIANT COVER BY EDGE
    Artist: Robert Gill
    Cover Artist: Joshua Cassara
    Would be awesome to see Cassara draw him on the covers, and he would be an outstanding fit with the current lineup of Domino, Deadpool, Wolverine (Laura), Colossus, Sage and even the one oddball choice of Omega Red (a bit of a rehabilitation project of Sage's)...

Here's a cool cover Cassara drew which is the only image of OG adult Cable that I can find by the artist...

Would be very cool IMO. Fingers crossed for this reveal in the June solicits...

So... what do we think Cable fans? Does this May solicit for X-Force #40 scream "Nathan is coming back to X-Force" to you too...

Would be awesome to see Cassara draw him on the covers, and he would be an outstanding fit with the current lineup of Domino, Deadpool, Wolverine (Laura), Colossus, Sage and even the one oddball choice of Omega Red (a bit of a rehabilitation project of Sage's)...

Here's a cool cover Cassara drew which is the only image of OG adult Cable that I can find by the artist...

Would be very cool IMO. Fingers crossed for this reveal in the June solicits...
    OMG could it be true? I hope so! The return of Cable to X-Force. That would be so great and what I've been hoping for. He would handle the Beast problem once and for all.

Great find and reading into the detail.

Would be pretty great to have him back on X-Force... and the teases in the solicit seem to fit him... but trying not to get my hopes up.

I'm also enjoying him in X-men Red, so hope he continues to show up there. Al Ewing in a recent interview said he would, though perhaps not immediately. He also seemed to imply that other X-writers may have plans for Nathan to "pop in" to their respective series, hence another reason why I think maybe the solicit for X-Force above is talking about Cable showing up to kick off "a new era" for the team.

Too late for me, my hopes are sky high Lol. It's got to be about Cable (as I pray). He probably is going to be like WTF is going on with X-Force. Look out Beast if Cable does come back to His team.

With some of the X-men dusting off old costumes and wearing them again, I would love to see Cable rocking this look again, or something like it...

With some of the X-men dusting off old costumes and wearing them again, I would love to see Cable rocking this look again, or something like it...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq_4bk0X...jpg&name=large

Sounds interesting. Probably not canon, but this outfit has become a personal favorite...

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-12-2023 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

I'm highly interested in whether this was foreshadowing by Duggan for something coming in 'Fall of X' or just a throwaway line on a data page near the end of his Cable run...

From: https://twitter.com/nationoftin/stat...40291635625984

Really hoping it's foreshadowing for something cool coming in 2023 with our boy, the Askani'son. Fingers crossed...
    Definitely hinting at FoX also lines up with Ewing's comment that Cable might have some plans coming up in the future (just not necessarily written by him). If Cable does have a role in FoX I wonder what it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Definitely hinting at FoX also lines up with Ewing's comment that Cable might have some plans coming up in the future (just not necessarily written by him). If Cable does have a role in FoX I wonder what it could be.
    Same here. Definitely seemed like Ewing was hinting at Cable showing up somewhere else, but also popping back into X-men Red down the line. Maybe he's jumping back onto X-Force for this "new era" the May solicits teased? Or maybe he's on a relaunched Uncanny X-men? Can't wait to find out. We might find out this Thursday at the big X-men 60th Anniversary deal which is supposed to include some exclusive announcements.

Well, he's not headed to X-Force... instead Percy is giving us what nobody was clamoring for... the return of Kid Omega... only he's old now... LOL.

X-Force: Marvel Brings Back Kid Omega With a Radically Different Look
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-kid-omega...-look-old-man/

This book is so f'ing bad it's almost hilarious now.

Well, he's not headed to X-Force... instead Percy is giving us what nobody was clamoring for... the return of Kid Omega... only he's old now... LOL.

X-Force: Marvel Brings Back Kid Omega With a Radically Different Look
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-kid-omega...-look-old-man/

This book is so f'ing bad it's almost hilarious now.
    Yep, I read this yesterday. I'm a little bummed out.

But he is going to stay in Ewing's hands over in X-Men Red I assume. Not to bad.