Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sounds interesting. Probably not canon, but this outfit has become a personal favorite...

Yeah man. The costume and whole the deal there. Just menacing.

Yeah, that’s the closest Nathan’s ever had to an iconic look, with the big “X” on the front of his costume where the straps meet. That’s the one Ariel Olivetti gave him for the Duane Swiercynski ‘Cable’ solo book where he took Hope into the future and raised her, protecting her from Bishop and others who would seek to harm or exploit her. A truly defining run for the character IMO.

Wouldn’t mind them bringing that back, or some variation of it, as the chest rig is quite iconic. Almost like a Spider-man symbol or Captain America’s star or Iron Man’s arc reactor. Where it could go on a T-shirt.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Yeah man. The costume and whole the deal there. Just menacing.
    Yeah! Just remembered that Carlos Pacheco (R.I.P.) rendered a similar outfit, as well...

Like I said, I love that look. What I think I’d do with it, though, in light of Nathan’s new telekinetic mastery of his T/O, is to streamline it a bit… move him away from the 90s “pouches and shoulder pads” aesthetic. Akin to what they did with him during the stellar Casey/Ladronn run in the 90s, where he used the psimitar versus lugging around huge guns and gear all over his body.

Well, in this case, I’d ditch the big shoulder pad on his right shoulder and lose a lot of the extraneous pouches and gear, including the big rifles crisscrossed across his back. He doesn’t need them if he can literally create weapons out of his T/O now… energy rifles, pistols and edged weapons. Like he did in X-men Red #10. So I’d end up with a look that’s very similar to the above, only streamlined to account for his new capabilities and to modernize him a bit for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Like I said, I love that look. What I think I’d do with it, though, in light of Nathan’s new telekinetic mastery of his T/O, is to streamline it a bit… move him away from the 90s “pouches and shoulder pads” aesthetic. Akin to what they did with him during the stellar Casey/Ladronn run in the 90s, where he used the psimitar versus lugging around huge guns and gear all over his body.

Well, in this case, I’d ditch the big shoulder pad on his right shoulder and lose a lot of the extraneous pouches and gear, including the big rifles crisscrossed across his back. He doesn’t need them if he can literally create weapons out of his T/O now… energy rifles, pistols and edged weapons. Like he did in X-men Red #10. So I’d end up with a look that’s very similar to the above, only streamlined to account for his new capabilities and to modernize him a bit for the future.
    While I love that look from the 90's, it is probably time to move on from it. Or like you said be all armored up with the, now under control T/O in time of battle. For sure the visual of that was super cool.

While I love that look from the 90's, it is probably time to move on from it. Or like you said be all armored up with the, now under control T/O in time of battle.
    Agreed. Streamline his look a bit, especially considering his new ability to manipulate and weaponize his T/O.

Now, continuing from the Wolverine thread, we actually touched on Ewing's plans for Cable. Which didn't sound like much. Ugh! And this is with Apocalypse and his crew coming back!

Cable has gotta pick a fight with them for sure. Don't you think? Whether Cable is in the right or not. Meaning Apocalypse may come back and try to play the part of semi good guy again. I just can't picture that lasting for long. And Cable will want to snuff him out and stop him before he even gets started.

Now, continuing from the Wolverine thread, we actually touched on Ewing's plans for Cable. Which didn't sound like much. Ugh! And this is with Apocalypse and his crew coming back!

Cable has gotta pick a fight with them for sure. Don't you think? Whether Cable is in the right or not. Meaning Apocalypse may come back and try to play the part of semi good guy again. I just can't picture that lasting for long. And Cable will want to snuff him out and stop him before he even gets started.
    I don't see Cable picking a fight. That doesn't vibe with the maturity and control he's displayed recently.
    I COULD see him playing a prominent role if an Arakki culture war were to erupt in the wake of the Apocalypse family returning.

Man... I can't even talk about it without getting annoyed. How do you have the return of Cable's arch-nemesis -- the guy he spent most of his life fighting against -- and you have no plans for Nathan to be involved? Instead it's going to be the Storm and Sunspot show. And a bunch of Arakki mutants.

I actually like the thought of Genesis as a new foil for Storm. If Cable was right there with her fighting against Apocalypse it would be ideal. But no. Ewing is just going to leave him on the sidelines and hope some other X-writer decides to use him. So f'n stupid.

Completely understandable. For what it's worth, I'll always LOVE both versions from the '90s
    The Big Guns/Heavy-Duty Gear & Armaments attached over each side of his shoulder-blades were Awesome,
    but the scaled-down/Psimitar-wielding Nathan was a real eye-opener (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-22-2023 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I don't see Cable picking a fight. That doesn't vibe with the maturity and control he's displayed recently.
    I COULD see him playing a prominent role if an Arakki culture war were to erupt in the wake of the Apocalypse family returning.
    Man... I can't even talk about it without getting annoyed. How do you have the return of Cable's arch-nemesis -- the guy he spent most of his life fighting against -- and you have no plans for Nathan to be involved? Instead it's going to be the Storm and Sunspot show. And a bunch of Arakki mutants.

I actually like the thought of Genesis as a new foil for Storm. If Cable was right there with her fighting against Apocalypse it would be ideal. But no. Ewing is just going to leave him on the sidelines and hope some other X-writer decides to use him. So f'n stupid.
    Cable has got to play a prominent role in dealing with Apocalypse if a war were to erupt. That's Cable's true mission in life. I just think if Apoc even shows his face again, Nate goes after him to stop him before he even gets started. Even if he looks like the bad guy at first to start the war, Cable knows what would be coming, and would want to stop Apocalypse before he gets started.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Completely understandable. For what it's worth, I'll always LOVE both versions from the '90s
    The Big Guns/Heavy-Duty Gear & Armaments attached crisscrossed on his shoulder-blades were Awesome,
    but the scaled-down/Psimitar-wielding Nathan was a real eye-opener (IMHO):

Great point! I did grow to love the streamlined look of the Psimitar carrying Cable.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    He probably forgave Apocalypse. I mean he forgave Bishop apparently. Personally if I was Cable I would be
    forgiving of Apocalypse before Bishop.

Great point! I did grow to love the streamlined look of the Psimitar carrying Cable.
    Yeah, it was a cool look that definitely modernized Nathan and made him more than just a "big guns and pouches" 90s relic IMO. Loved that run, and that look.

Cable has got to play a prominent role in dealing with Apocalypse if a war were to erupt. That's Cable's true mission in life. I just think if Apoc even shows his face again, Nate goes after him to stop him before he even gets started. Even if he looks like the bad guy at first to start the war, Cable knows what would be coming, and would want to stop Apocalypse before he gets started.
    it depends on how the writer of that book does time travel... if they say "In my history he never switched sides, never got his family back" then Nate already beat him... if they say "Yeah all this BS is meaningless and leads to his future" then I see him leading the fight.

My biggest fear is big daddy :A: beating cable as a 'worf effect' to show how much stronger he is now, and how much of a threat he is to the combined X/Mutant teams
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.