Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Yeah, Viv's lesbian in the comics, for crying out loud. And Tommy's basically her brother!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    There is such a wild and obviously fake rumor going around about how there is a draft for Vision Quest in which Tommy and Viv have a romantic relationship.... how do people even come up with this? LMAO
    HAHA. It's so bad, you can really tell when they are just making stuff up and have no idea what they are talking about.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://ew.com/tv/agatha-coven-of-ch...lilia-calderu/

So, uh... this is the first piece of A:COC information that actually makes me doubt that Joe Locke might be playing Billy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but historically speaking, witch familiars are almost always portrayed as mystical beings (like demons or spirits) who usually take on animal forms, right? Unless Patti is confused there, it's a weird word to use to describe Joe's character. I'm actually kinda wondering if he's playing a human version of Ebony/Señor Scratchy now. lol

I guess you could say Billy is a familiar... but why? It would make more sense for him to be just another witch on the coven, not the familiar. Then again, what about those damn casting calls for a gay teen, a boyfriend and a jewish couple? It's kinda hard not to think of Billy. I really just hope they didn't give up on using him for a freaking third time.

https://ew.com/tv/agatha-coven-of-ch...lilia-calderu/

So, uh... this is the first piece of A:COC information that actually makes me doubt that Joe Locke might be playing Billy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but historically speaking, witch familiars are almost always portrayed as mystical beings (like demons or spirits) who usually take on animal forms, right? Unless Patti is confused there, it's a weird word to use to describe Joe's character. I'm actually kinda wondering if he's playing a human version of Ebony/Señor Scratchy now. lol

I guess you could say Billy is a familiar... but why? It would make more sense for him to be just another witch on the coven, not the familiar. Then again, what about those damn casting calls for a gay teen, a boyfriend and a jewish couple? It's kinda hard not to think of Billy. I really just hope they didn't give up on using him for a freaking third time.
    Like you said, getting a gay teenager and jewish couples would immediately make me think of Billy. If this is not him then they did a lot of teasing to throw fans off. I honestly cannot wait for this project to finally find out the truth. Still it wouldn't be the first time we got hope destroyed. Multiverse of Mandess already did that.

Watch him be playing the shapeshifting rabbit (he got the ears) OMG I would die of happiness!!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I said ages ago that people need to stop getting over excited that this might be Billy.

Still think this will end up being the MCU version of Nicholas Scratch.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Nah, most scoopers (and yes I know they're not always 100%) have stated Joe is playing Billy. Grace Randolph (as unreliable as she can be sometimes) was insistent yesterday on him being Billy. Plus as you guys have said, they most likely cast Rebecca and Jeff Kaplan and Joe's character is gay and a magic user. This is most likely just a strange choice of words, and what she means is Billy is a servant/low level member of their coven. I get not being so hot on Joe being Billy, but every sign imaginable is pointing to him being Billy Kaplan. I think *at worst* they give Billy some elements of Nicholas Scratch or even have some form of misdirection (like how Agnes = Agatha).

From Lorenzo Tammettas Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/lorenzo_tammetta/

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

OMG let this haircut die!!! Also ew don’t make that face

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Nah, most scoopers (and yes I know they're not always 100%) have stated Joe is playing Billy. Grace Randolph (as unreliable as she can be sometimes) was insistent yesterday on him being Billy. Plus as you guys have said, they most likely cast Rebecca and Jeff Kaplan and Joe's character is gay and a magic user. This is most likely just a strange choice of words, and what she means is Billy is a servant/low level member of their coven. I get not being so hot on Joe being Billy, but every sign imaginable is pointing to him being Billy Kaplan. I think *at worst* they give Billy some elements of Nicholas Scratch or even have some form of misdirection (like how Agnes = Agatha).
    Grace was also insistent the twins were gonna be aged up at the end of MOM I don’t believe a word that woman says she don’t even understand half the **** coming out of her own mouth. As far as I’m concerned he’s playing a rabbit till we get word otherwise I trust a castmember with a big mouth over scoopers any day of the week.

Yeah I would have given up on Joe being Billy otherwise, but the fact that they cast two jewish parents who I can't imagine being anything but the Kaplans leaves me still believing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Grace was also insistent the twins were gonna be aged up at the end of MOM I don’t believe a word that woman says she don’t even understand half the **** coming out of her own mouth. As far as I’m concerned he’s playing a rabbit till we get word otherwise I trust a castmember with a big mouth over scoopers any day of the week.
    The leaked script of MOM on reddit that was otherwise fully correct mentioned a post-credits scene with grown-up twins. It was most likely a real thing that they scrapped.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So I was just reminded that in What We Do In The Shadows (at least in the show, IDK about the movie), ''familiars'' are portrayed as normal human beings who simply serve supernatural beings. I guess it's possible Agatha: Coven Of Chaos is using that concept of familiar as opposed to a magical pet sidekick, and in that sense, it would make sense for Billy to be a ''familiar''. Still, in a story about witches, and considering how magic in WandaVision was portrayed, it's really hard for me to disassociate the term familiar with how it's usually portrayed in witch mythologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Grace also keeps saying that a lot of the show revolves around Billy and his origin story, which is why I think she believes he has to be Billy, since we don't know about any other actor that could fill that male lead role. The thing about Grace, though, is that she often doubles down even when she's wrong, which is why I'm hesitant to take everything she says at face value. Just the other day she was spreading info about the Superman reboot that James Gunn openly debunked, yet she still refused to admit she might've gotten wrong information. She's too proud, so I doubt she would question her own scoop even if she had reason to. lol

However, Charles Murphy reported on the Patti Lupone thing by saying ''it's known'' that Joe's role is Billy, so Grace is definitely not the only one who still believes in this. I agree all signs point to this right now, but I do wonder how much it's people speculating based on limited information. Like, we think he can only be Billy because there's no one else in the cast that seems to be able to fill that role, but we don't know the full cast. We still don't know who got cast as the jewish man who might be Jeff Kaplan, and we also don't know who got cast as the jock boyfriend (unless that turned out to be Miles Gutierrez's character). So IDK... best case scenario, even if Joe is not Billy, there is still a Billy that got cast and we just don't know? Then again, that would imply Billy might not be the male lead after all, which I would dislike since due to how slow things are with Marvel Studios and the Young Avengers, it might take years for him to have a protagonist role again, so I want them to really put him in that spotlight for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

Do we know what this is for?

Do we know what this is for?
    Pretty sure it's for Scarlet Witch #6. He dropped a few Wanda teasers already.

Of course Billy & Wanda finally interact again & the art is weird we can’t win!!

I just think Grace Randolph is a rude hack but that’s just me.