Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    America could always time travel. Her first origin story established she came from the future (remember: Billy was the Demiurge where she came from, but that obviously hadn't happened in present day yet), and even though that origin was retconned, in her first solo book she actually traveled to the past and fought nazis. As far as I'm concerned, that's still canon.
    On the topic of the Demiurge/America Chavez, I do think books have slowly started to retcon-the-retcon or introduce ways we could get back to her original fantastical origin. In the Voices Young Avengers Infinity Comic, we get that scene where Billy gets the idea to make the Utopian Parallel from America (thus being a paradox sort of situation where they could have it be true again and in the past.... that comic loved its paradoxes).

And on the topic of the Demiurge, we got some expanded Billy/Demuirge lore in the recent Immortal Thor #5 by Al Ewing! The book says "There were Demiurges before, in realities that were and now are not, and there is a DEMIURGE-TO-COME, who lives among the living and awaits his time." which finally clarifies that Billy demiurge is separate from the creator one in previous Marvel lore. I like this, personally, as that was always a point of confusion.

I hope we eventually get to continue the Demiurge storyline somewhere, and also that writers can expand on Tommy's destiny as well.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

It looks like Teddy and (probably) Billy's first definitive 2024 appearances will be in Captain Marvel #6 in March!

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/21/fu...solicitations/

CAPTAIN MARVEL #6

Alyssa Wong (W) • Ruairķ Coleman (A) • Cover by Stephen Segovia

VARIANT COVER BY JEFF DEKAL • HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS

HEADSHOT SKETCH VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS

BATTLE FOR THE BANDS!

It’s a Captain Marvel showdown! With Carol Danvers and her unwitting sidekick Yuna Yang continuing to slip his grasp, Genis-Vell goes after his half brother, Hulkling – and the altered Nega-Bands in his and Wiccan’s wedding rings! Plus, the thread of the Omen’s mystery begins to unravel – only to get tangled in Yuna’s personal life!

I hope Wong doesn't keep screwing over Genis.

I think someone in Japan liked Cassie's Quantumania suit - the new Super Sentai (Japanese Power Rangers) was just announced, and they look like they're wearing sneakers!
    https://twitter.com/yasuhisafruhara/...67427504472312
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think someone in Japan liked Cassie's Quantumania suit - the new Super Sentai (Japanese Power Rangers) was just announced, and they look like they're wearing sneakers!
    I don't think Cassie's is unique there

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mont View Post
    And on the topic of the Demiurge, we got some expanded Billy/Demuirge lore in the recent Immortal Thor #5 by Al Ewing! The book says "There were Demiurges before, in realities that were and now are not, and there is a DEMIURGE-TO-COME, who lives among the living and awaits his time." which finally clarifies that Billy demiurge is separate from the creator one in previous Marvel lore. I like this, personally, as that was always a point of confusion.

I hope we eventually get to continue the Demiurge storyline somewhere, and also that writers can expand on Tommy's destiny as well.
    Al Ewing always trying his best to give us Demiurge lore, bless his soul. Too bad it's always teases that don't really go anywhere. I wish he would just write a whole book about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    It looks like Teddy and (probably) Billy's first definitive 2024 appearances will be in Captain Marvel #6 in March!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I had no idea about what was happening in this book, and yeah, I don't like the sound of it. Every biological family member of his is either dead or turning evil. First his grandma, now his brother. Let the man have a happy family, for god's sake!

Astonishing Member

Presumably Carol will manage to free Genis from Omen's control eventually. In the meantime, at least someone is remembering that he's still alive and giving him something to do. Its not great for Genis at the moment, but hopefully it will work out okay for him in the end. He's been through worse....

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I had no idea about what was happening in this book, and yeah, I don't like the sound of it. Every biological family member of his is either dead or turning evil. First his grandma, now his brother. Let the man have a happy family, for god's sake!
    I don't think "happy family" was ever in the cards here. Teddy was the result of a brief fling between star-crossed lovers. His two half-siblings are test-tube babies conceived after his father's death using genetic samples and super-science with Elysius couldn't cope with Mar-Vell's death.

With the exception of Teddy, the whole family has died at one point or another....Mar-Vell, Anelle, Elysius, Genis, Phyla.

As for Genis....yeah, things aren't looking great for him at the moment, but it HAS been worse. He basically went full super-villain for 18 issues of his solo series when his Cosmic Awareness drove him insane. He was killed off by his own teammates in the Thunderbolts when his powers went out of control and made him a danger to the entire universe.

So, yeah, "dead" and "turning evil" are both problems that Genis has overcome before. Give him time.

So Teddy vs Genis-Vell, eh? Maybe Genis is mad that his half brother is calling himself a Hulk. Seriously I want Teddy to ditch the Hulkling name already and get a cosmic one and reflect his family. I haven't read anything with Genis in it since he died in Thunderbolts. I didn't even know he was back to be honest. At least I got something to look forward to. I'm sure Teddy can take Genis...right? I mean he's got Wiccan with him. They'll be fine. Let's see this cosmic family feud which will hopefully result in Teddy getting a new more appropriate name.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    AS. THEY. SHOULD. Cassie's converse chucks are the way of the future. The Triple Cs. But unrelated those suits look kind of plain. Not Zyuohger levels of boring so that's a plus, but very 80s Super Sentai. They should have made a Quantumania Sentai, especially since Bill Foster will be coming up as the "blue" Goliath to Ant-Man's ranger team in What If?

Edit: That new Super Sentai team stole my MCU Young Avengers pitch for them all to have sneakers and for it to be their logo. Grrrrr.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 12-22-2023 at 07:49 AM.

Off-topic, but that Sentai team looks more like a Sentai knockoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Presumably Carol will manage to free Genis from Omen's control eventually. In the meantime, at least someone is remembering that he's still alive and giving him something to do. Its not great for Genis at the moment, but hopefully it will work out okay for him in the end. He's been through worse....
    Ah, the old "any appearance is better than no appearance" .

Off-topic, but that Sentai team looks more like a Sentai knockoff.

Astonishing Member

Well, I wouldn't quite go THAT far. There are sometimes where a character would be better off left alone than subject to what gets done to them. I just don't think Genis' role in this series is THAT bad, really...especially when we look at what he's already been through. I mean, they could have just given him a cameo of Omen killing him off for getting his bands and then just leaving him dead. But now he's got an ongoing supporting role for a while...which will hopefully end with him getting freed and getting back to himself.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out to see if this ultimately works out okay for him or not...but I am choosing to be optimistic and see where it goes.

Well, I wouldn't quite go THAT far. There are sometimes where a character would be better off left alone than subject to what gets done to them. I just don't think Genis' role in this series is THAT bad, really...especially when we look at what he's already been through. I mean, they could have just given him a cameo of Omen killing him off for getting his bands and then just leaving him dead. But now he's got an ongoing supporting role for a while...which will hopefully end with him getting freed and getting back to himself.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out to see if this ultimately works out okay for him or not...but I am choosing to be optimistic and see where it goes.
    Just feel like there could be better use of him, especially now that he's back.

Considering how hard this writer had Genis job to their shiny new OC villain, I worry what they're going to do with Teddy (and Billy if he even gets to appear)