Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I mean at least they appear. Can't say the same for any of the other Young Avengers who are MIA. Seriously Wiccan and Hulkling are the only ones guaranteed to make a yearly appearances.

I wasn't reading Guardians but if Wiccan and Hulkling become regulars I'll stay for them
    I think America might get guaranteed yearly appearances too.

Ooh we’re winning!!

America, Kate, Billy, & Teddy are guaranteed to pop up at least 10 times throughout a year in Marvel which is more than I can say for the rest of the Ya unfortunately. If they do takeover the Guardians I want them to recruit Tommy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

You know, with everything that's been happening in Hollywood, I think I've come to the stage where I want a Young Avengers animated series more than a live-action movie or show. Marvel fumbled the bag so badly in assembling the members in live-action. It's ridiculous that it's been almost two years since we met Kate Bishop and there doesn't seem to be any clear path for her character. At the current pace the MCU is going and with all the issues Marvel Studios has to face, an actual Young Avengers team up would take too long, and a sequel might take even longer (flashback to Doctor Strange getting a sequel six years after his first film), which just doesn't work if you're trying to tell the story of a team of YOUNG heroes. There's no point in Young Avengers if those characters will be all in their 30s by the time they have a sequel...

So, yeah.... bring on the animated universe without any of the MCU baggage, I say. It would allow them to stay closer to the comics, and the characters wouldn't have to age in real time, so development/production could take as much time as needed. At this point I'm just desperate for any YA adaptation that makes them go mainstream and will force Marvel Comics to acknowledge the team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You know, with everything that's been happening in Hollywood, I think I've come to the stage where I want a Young Avengers animated series more than a live-action movie or show. Marvel fumbled the bag so badly in assembling the members in live-action. It's ridiculous that it's been almost two years since we met Kate Bishop and there doesn't seem to be any clear path for her character. At the current pace the MCU is going and with all the issues Marvel Studios has to face, an actual Young Avengers team up would take too long, and a sequel might take even longer (flashback to Doctor Strange getting a sequel six years after his first film), which just doesn't work if you're trying to tell the story of a team of YOUNG heroes. There's no point in Young Avengers if those characters will be all in their 30s by the time they have a sequel...

So, yeah.... bring on the animated universe without any of the MCU baggage, I say. It would allow them to stay closer to the comics, and the characters wouldn't have to age in real time, so development/production could take as much time as needed. At this point I'm just desperate for any YA adaptation that makes them go mainstream and will force Marvel Comics to acknowledge the team again.
    Agreed! If there was a "like" button I would give this the "Love" option. Because that's what I want too. Young Avengers animated series. Honestly I'm not really interested in the MCU anymore. At this point I only follow it when they bring in characters I like (Like YA members) and hope they get merch and synergy to get comic appearances. So far the latter hasn't been happening. But your post addresses one of the biggest issues with live action, character aging. By the time we get a YA project of any kind Kate and Cassie's actresses will be too old to play teen heroes.

I've always preferred animation over live action when it comes to superheroes because live action, as great as it can be, still has limitations with aging actors and even seeing heroes in action. There are certain things the human body cannot do but animation doesn't have those limitations. Anyway back to YA, I would love a animated series that stays true to their comic roots and gets them mainstream attention so they can return in comics. I mean look at what Spider-Verse has done for so many Spider-Man characters. What I wouldn't give for Young Avengers animated series.

Extraordinary Member

The only thing holding animation back is kinda the cultural stigma surrounding it, framing it to be "for kids". Nothing wrong with animation being child-friendly but that stigma generally just lead people to consider them lesser storytelling media, and thus less profitable.
    Unrelated to comics, but among fantasy readers, some kinda have a mentality of claiming "certain series are too big for animation", which is less about technical limitations, but more about animations being considered "lowly".

That being said I would really want a standalone YA animation or game.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-21-2023 at 11:37 PM.

What sort of game do people think would be good for the YA?

My first thoughts would be a nice turn based RPG or going back to the style of the original Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The only thing holding animation back is kinda the cultural stigma surrounding it, framing it to be "for kids". Nothing wrong with animation being child-friendly but that stigma generally just lead people to consider them lesser storytelling media, and thus less profitable.
    Unrelated to comics, but among fantasy readers, some kinda have a mentality of claiming "certain series are too big for animation", which is less about technical limitations, but more about animations being considered "lowly".

That's true, but if they tell a great story then it won't matter. Again there are many things animation can do that live action cannot. Disney use to thrive on animation so I'm surprised they don't take advantage of their superhero properties they acquired with that.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    What sort of game do people think would be good for the YA?

My first thoughts would be a nice turn based RPG or going back to the style of the original Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends stuff.
    I would absolutely love a Young Avengers game that was like Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends. I really liked how the character models looked in MUA3. They have plenty of material for content too. Their formation against Kang, their points of view in Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, and Siege, Children's Crusade, the Mother arc, they can even turn Empyre into a YA event given the importance of Wiccan and Hulkling in it.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 07-22-2023 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post

That's a weird thing because it's a very modern take on animation.

Sure you see people say "it was always like this."... but those are people who grew up watching mickey mouse and tom and Jerry, and don't know anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Marvel's dropped the ball with animation so much but I'd be down for a proper Young Avengers cartoon (that hopefully doesn't lean too hard into the MCU).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel's dropped the ball with animation so much but I'd be down for a proper Young Avengers cartoon (that hopefully doesn't lean too hard into the MCU).
    Yeah, that's one thing that worries me about a potential YA toon. As much as I'd love to see some of my favorites on screen, Marvel's been failing hard in the animation department for a good long while and if they made it a super MCU-leaning thing it'd really hurt the quality of things for these characters.

OMG a Young Avengers cartoon with a Young Justice level quality In animation would slap so hard.

Incredible Member

I actually did an entire Word Doc for how I'd lay out a Young Avengers Cartoon.
    Does anyone have a fancast for what voice actors they'd use for the team?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    seriousness level of this series??
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    If I were in any way good at remembering names that go with voices I'd probably have some.
    I'd just wish for VA different from the ones they'd used in the motion comic ads for Empyre and the Hulk/Wiccan Infinity comic...they did not fit the characters at all.