Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked, but there was a leak a while back saying that spoilers:
    Tommy needing a body to return would be a plot point
    end of spoilers, so maybe not. Then again, this creates the issue of... why would they think this is such a good idea that they have to do it TWICE? It's so tone deaf.

Unless, now that I think about it, knowing that Vision Quest was greenlit as a show by the same creators of WandaVision/Agatha, I guess it's possible one of the plot points of that show is that spoilers:
    Vision could be creating a synthetic body for Tommy, so they just kinda merge Vin/Viv/Tommy into a single character.
    end of spoilers Not crazy about that either, but at least it feels less gross than the former option.
    spoilers:
    All this talk about needing a synthetic body for Tommy, and Billy taking over a dead body. This just makes this feel more like a Frankenstein project rather then actual characters. That pitch doesn't even sound like Tommy. But of the two lets be real he'd be the one who would get the snub, just like in the comics. Poor Tommy. As a YA fan this news is really meh. Merging Tommy with Vin/Viv? I actually don't know who Vin is. Skaar merging with Hulkling? I don't like it.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    spoilers:
    All this talk about needing a synthetic body for Tommy, and Billy taking over a dead body. This just makes this feel more like a Frankenstein project rather then actual characters. That pitch doesn't even sound like Tommy. But of the two lets be real he'd be the one who would get the snub, just like in the comics. Poor Tommy. As a YA fan this news is really meh. Merging Tommy with Vin/Viv? I actually don't know who Vin is. Skaar merging with Hulkling? I don't like it.
    end of spoilers
    That whole Tommy part is just theory, btw. There have been no real leaks talking about this, I'm just assuming it's something that could happen.

But yeah, you're right. As far as adaptation goes... it's not very exciting for Young Avengers fans. I'm just starting to make peace with the fact that maybe we will never have an adaptation of the Young Avengers in the MCU, which is why they are adapting them like this. No need to please YA fans if you're not even planning to do YA in the first place, I guess.

That whole Tommy part is just theory, btw. There have been no real leaks talking about this, I'm just assuming it's something that could happen.

But yeah, you're right. As far as adaptation goes... it's not very exciting for Young Avengers fans. I'm just starting to make peace with the fact that maybe we will never have an adaptation of the Young Avengers in the MCU, which is why they are adapting them like this. No need to please YA fans if you're not even planning to do YA in the first place, I guess.
    As much as I would have loved and craved a faithful YA adaption it was always going to be unlikely especially in the MCU. Whatever they are doing with the "young" heroes in the MCU it's not going to be a classic YA team even though everyone minus Hulkling is present. It was always going to be a hybrid with Champions, and truth be told if they did a YA animated series the same thing would happen. Just look at the Young Justice series and how it started as mainly a Teen Titans series in all but name, only adding more classic Young Justice members after season 1.

No wonder it feels like Hulkling is never coming.

They turned his father into an old woman and a disposable plot device. The only thing he inherited from his father in the comics is now potentially Kamala's bangle. They turned his sister into a little girl with no apparent connection to the Vells. The Dorrek royal lineage was replaced by some other dude. Now they might be spoilers:
    killing off his only love interest and shoving a parasitic possessing child inside of his body.
    end of spoilers

At this point... what does he even have left? Better just stay out of this damn mess.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-05-2023 at 03:57 PM.

Incredible Member

The Marvels has the Kree Skrull Empire making a treaty so I'm holding out hope this might lead to Hulkling.

I wouldn't be shocked, but there was a leak a while back saying that spoilers:
    Tommy needing a body to return would be a plot point
    end of spoilers, so maybe not. Then again, this creates the issue of... why would they think this is such a good idea that they have to do it TWICE? It's so tone deaf.

Unless, now that I think about it, knowing that Vision Quest was greenlit as a show by the same creators of WandaVision/Agatha, I guess it's possible one of the plot points of that show is that spoilers:
    Vision could be creating a synthetic body for Tommy, so they just kinda merge Vin/Viv/Tommy into a single character.
    end of spoilers Not crazy about that either, but at least it feels less gross than the former option.
    Sounds like spoilers:
    a merger of Vin, Jonas, and Tommy. But that would mean Tommy would be a synthezoid instead of a speedster.
    end of spoilers I agree, not a fan of that idea. spoilers:
    Viv should be kept separate, she's a triple token minority (female, lesbian, and her human disguise appears to be South Asian, which any live action adaptation would likely use the majority of the time).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Vin is Viv Vision's twin brother. He was destroyed by Victor Mancha during Tom King's Vision series, which is where Vin and Viv debuted.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I gave up on YA the second Billy’s potential actor was announced they clearly only cared about the twink aspect when casting that in itself sets the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sounds like spoilers:
    a merger of Vin, Jonas, and Tommy. But that would mean Tommy would be a synthezoid instead of a speedster.
    end of spoilers
    I think Tommy would still be a speedster. I mean, spoilers:
    if they are gonna say that whichever physical body Billy possesses gains his powers, then I'm assuming the same will be true for Tommy. In this scenario, he'd have a synthetic body, but I'm assuming they would still mostly portray him as a speedster so he wouldn't stand out from Billy that much. Or none of this will happen and they'll just kill another human character that Tommy could inhabit.
    end of spoilers At this point, nothing would shock me anymore.

It's like no one paid any attention to all the controversy and backlash from Wonder Woman 1984 and similar to that situation magicking up some bodies from thin air would've been simpler and cleaner solution than having this creepy body snatching thing as a plot-point.

I will never understand the logic is introducing so many Young Avengers characters in Phase 4 only to not have actual plans for an adaption. I initially thought they weren’t gonna do it because they didn’t want to have queer leads with Billy and Teddy front and center, but it’s sounding like Billy will be front and center in Coven.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I will never understand the logic is introducing so many Young Avengers characters in Phase 4 only to not have actual plans for an adaption. I initially thought they weren’t gonna do it because they didn’t want to have queer leads with Billy and Teddy front and center, but it’s sounding like Billy will be front and center in Coven.
    I always thought they were giving themself room for a post Secret Wars Universe, where we get the next generation take the lead with other legacy Characters and Spider-Man taking mentor roles.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    It's like no one paid any attention to all the controversy and backlash from Wonder Woman 1984 and similar to that situation magicking up some bodies from thin air would've been simpler and cleaner solution than having this creepy body snatching thing as a plot-point.
    The irony of Allan Heinberg being the writer of the first, much better received Wonder Woman movie and also being the creator of the Young Avengers is not lost on me. They really should've just called him to adapt the YA in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think it's possible the logic behind the introduction of so many YA characters might have been less about the team and more about specific stories they were adapting and characters they needed to support that. They wanted to adapt Matt Fraction's Hawkeye and Kate was a big part of that, so obviously adding her to the show was a no brainer. They wanted to adapt Isaiah Bradley's story on The Falcon And The Winter Soldier, so Eli was there as an easter-egg. Cassie was already in the MCU for the longest time, so her getting older and getting her own superhero identity was a natural progression of that. They wanted to do a Loki show to showcase multiple Loki variants, so Kid Loki was there to fulfill that role. They needed a character with powers connected to the multiverse to serve as the conflict for the Multiverse Of Madness movie, so America filled that role. Billy and Tommy were there for WandaVision because they wanted to adapt her classic 80s story, and since the original twins were one-dimensional characters, they borrowed stuff from Wiccan and Speed (like their powers and personality) to make them more interesting. And now for Agatha, I can only guess they just wanted a WandaVision spin-off, so it probably made sense for them to add more characters from the show other than just Agatha, so that's where older Billy comes in.

Like, they could never do a Young Avengers team and all of those roles would still have made sense and served their purpose within those productions. They basically just saw those characters as a tool for the stories they were working on, and nobody was really thinking about the bigger picture. The slow build-up approach never made sense for a group of young heroes, since actors age in real time.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-07-2023 at 03:15 AM.

A giant missed opportunity for sure. Post-Endgame would have been the perfect time to introduce Young Avengers. With the regular Avengers disbanded, something akin to the Vision protocols would set things in motion for the YA to gather.
    They could even have a comics-accurate Thunderbolts try to usurp the role of the Avengers at the same time.
    But they went with probably the worst options. A scathered introduction to YA members who probably will never become a team and a Thunderbolts with the most boring and uninspired line-up possible, which is basically just a vehicle for a Black Widow sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    A giant missed opportunity for sure. Post-Endgame would have been the perfect time to introduce Young Avengers. With the regular Avengers disbanded, something akin to the Vision protocols would set things in motion for the YA to gather.
    They could even have a comics-accurate Thunderbolts try to usurp the role of the Avengers at the same time.
    But they went with probably the worst options. A scathered introduction to YA members who probably will never become a team and a Thunderbolts with the most boring and uninspired line-up possible, which is basically just a vehicle for a Black Widow sequel.
    Factor with the facts here. The stage was really set for the Young Avengers and Thunderbolts (two of my favorite teams) to be adapted with the perfect setup of the Avengers disbanding after Endgame. The YA really are scattered and after reading Drop of Venus's post it really does make it look more like a coincidence that they are all here rather then a team of young heroes coming together. I guess we just gotta see if that Marvels leak was true or not. And don't even get me started on Thunderbolts. I'm still trying but failing to be excited for that one. One of the best Marvel ideas ever and they waste it on a bunch of Super Soldiers and spies? I don't even hate the team it's just not a Thunderbolts one.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

In less stressful news, preview for the Captain Marvel one shot written by Anthony Oliveira with Billy and Teddy is out!!!

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/09/07/ma...ult-on-eden-1/

Looks like Billy might be pulling a Children's Crusade 2.0 if that last panels anything to go by :0
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 09-07-2023 at 02:44 PM.