Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    To be fair with Heinberg, I'm not sure if the concept of sliding timescale was firmly established back in 2004 when he wrote the first draft for Young Avengers. According to Marvel Fandom, the concept and its specific rules were only officially discussed in Marvel Handbooks published after the first Young Avengers volume, so it's possible he was just really clueless to how chronology worked due to a lack of clear rules and editorial wasn't of much help at the time.

And speaking of editorial... Tom Brevoort is leaving the Avengers office after many years being in charge of the franchise. As some of you may or may not know, he was one of the minds behind Young Avengers and edited most if not all books with YA in the title. While I'm super thankful for him helping bring the team to life, I'm also low-key bitter about the fact he left the team in limbo for so long after Gillen's run. Here's hoping whoever takes over the Avengers franchise will actually bring the team back into the spotlight.
    Sliding timescale has been a Marvel thing for literally decades. 1980’s if not sooner.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's a card game available on mobile and Steam. There's no physical version I'm afraid.
    A card game with no physical version. How odd.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    A card game with no physical version. How odd.
    Really? There are lots of card games without physical versions lately.

It was just a fan-made card for Kate I saw. My bad.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Sliding timescale has been a Marvel thing for literally decades. 1980’s if not sooner.
    As mentioned in the page I linked, the concept was informally discussed by some creators back in 80s, but it wasn't until the 2000s that Marvel had actually published a set of rules on their handbooks explaining in detail how it worked in their universe. That makes it more likely that Allan Heinberg, being a novice comic book writer at the time, wasn't fully familiarized with the concept when he first wrote the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredReality View Post
    Really? There are lots of card games without physical versions lately.
    Ok. Must be out of the loop.

Ok. Must be out of the loop.
    Yeah, it was something that kind of surprised me too with how many there were. But card games that exist as just online games have become more of a thing.

Terrible mobile games aside...the Young Avengers really should be in more games. Like if they ever do another Ultimate Alliance or Marvel vs Capcom...we should get more than just 'Billy appears in an arcade ending screen'.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Yeah, it was something that kind of surprised me too with how many there were. But card games that exist as just online games have become more of a thing.

Terrible mobile games aside...the Young Avengers really should be in more games. Like if they ever do another Ultimate Alliance or Marvel vs Capcom...we should get more than just 'Billy appears in an arcade ending screen'.
    I'll keep saying it, I would crave a Young Avengers video game. I'd love it in the Ultimate Alliance style but any game with the team would be welcome. I need some kind of YA content, anything to boost them up and get my volume 3 run.

Kate is in Avengers Unlimited #58 and #59. She teams up with Runa, Valkyrie, to rescue Thor who is possessed by a space parasite.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought she was Shuri for a second there...

It looks like Kate's still in her new look from the Hawkeye mini. Still no hip holes

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    It looks like Kate's still in her new look from the Hawkeye mini. Still no hip holes
    Yeah, still not loving that costume myself.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._corpse_hears/

At this point I'm just praying this show will get some heavy rewrites and reshoots (we know Marvel loves doing that) to change this, IF this is true. What a fucking terrible way to adapt Wiccan.

Extraordinary Member

The crazy thing is that when I saw the kids age themselves up in "WandaVision" I thought, oh, this is how they'll handle the Wiccan and Speed characters without any of the mess from the comics: the kids survived and then they magically aged up.

Then it turns out that at best it will be as convoluted as the comics version, and might end up being far worse. They gave themselves the perfect setup and then they didn't use it.

It's like the pandemic broke Feige's ability to tell a good story from a terrible one, or maybe he was replaced with that AI from the She-Hulk show.
    Last edited by gurkle; 09-01-2023 at 07:49 PM.

Incredible Member

I don't get what the big deal is, wasn't this already the situation in the comics Plus these are souls that already aged themself up twice before because they were just random magical manifestations, not actual kids we saw in Dr Strange 2.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 09-01-2023 at 07:57 PM.