Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Sometimes depending on the test screen audience-it can be the final product we see.

This has happened 2 times that I know of.

Forrest Gump-meaning stuff like meeting MLK was already cut from the movie.
    Star Trek First Contact.

According to Paramount.

Contact is funny because the earliest trailers I got see for the movie (via those mall folks that bribe you to see it) was Star Trek Generations crew footage and the actual battle we see early in the movie.
    Ok, maybe never wasn't the right word to use... but I was mostly referring to Marvel movies that undergo a lot of changes. Marvel is notorious for changing things, sometimes at the last minute, for their movies/shows, so anything we hear from test screenings should be highly subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    So I was just minding my own business this morning and then I saw this Iron Man wedding cover. Look who is on there. Wiccan, Hulking, America Chavez, Cassie, good, good. Nice to see they continue to make...wait a minute. Did I say Cassie? CASSIE LANG? THE CASSIE LANG? On the cover of a comic? Did Marvel actually remember the "Uncle Tony" connection? I'm screaming with joy right now! Cassie makes a appearance. I need to take the scraps I can get, who knows when I'll get another. Thank you Marvel, thank you!

Attachment 132785

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-man-crossover
    Always glad to see the Young Avengers recognized as part of the Avengers family! Kinda wish they had put Kate sitting on Cassie's shoulder instead of Kamala, though. Would've felt more right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Stinger costume doesn't look right as a giant compared to Stature in my opinion.

Still nice to see Cassie.
    That's probably because her Stinger suit is so Wasp-themed. I imagine she's in giant form to separate her from the two other Wasps and she's still more well known for growing even as Stinger. That being said you aren't wrong. Stature is more natural as a giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Always glad to see the Young Avengers recognized as part of the Avengers family! Kinda wish they had put Kate sitting on Cassie's shoulder instead of Kamala, though. Would've felt more right.
    Yeah the shoulder should have been Kate's reserved seat lol. Also Kamala's suppose to be "dead" right now. Even the artists don't want to commit to what the books have done to Kamala.

Hmmm I know I've seen at least one book where Janet was a GIANT Wasp

Yeah, and Nadia went giant in the final issue of Unstoppable Wasp - Janet, Nadia and Cassie all have identical powers, except for the fact Janet's wings are biological and not mechanical.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So, after watching the first episode of Secret Invasion, I'm getting the feeling that Teddy's royal backstory will have to undergo some major changes.

spoilers:
    They pretty much lay out that the Skrulls' situation hasn't changed one bit ever since Captain Marvel. They're still homeless vagrants around the galaxy, and now they want Earth because they have nowhere else to go. I really don't know how they could squeeze the Skrull Royal Family in there, given the circumstances. If some of them managed to colonize some other place and build their own empire, I would expect that to be brought up at some point. And maybe it will, but the set up so far doesn't point towards that at all.
    end of spoilers

So, after watching the first episode of Secret Invasion, I'm getting the feeling that Teddy's royal backstory will have to undergo some major changes.

spoilers:
    They pretty much lay out that the Skrulls' situation hasn't changed one bit ever since Captain Marvel. They're still homeless vagrants around the galaxy, and now they want Earth because they have nowhere else to go. I really don't know how they could squeeze the Skrull Royal Family in there, given the circumstances. If some of them managed to colonize some other place and build their own empire, I would expect that to be brought up at some point. And maybe it will, but the set up so far doesn't point towards that at all.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They also mention a Skrull Council as their current governing body. Doesn't seem like we're getting Veranke at all either.

I mean, maybe they'll give us more Skrull backstory but that might be about it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think its safe to say that we should all temper our expectations when it comes to the MCU -- and fully embrace that nothing from the source material is sacred when it comes to translating to film. The MCU should be recognized by now as an alternate universe that draws very loose inspiration from the stories we love.

Wanda & Pietro.
    Kate Bishop.
    Ms. Marvel.
    Billy & Tommy.
    Monica Rambeau.

None of their MCU stories are direct reflections of the source material. At this point, we should expect detractions more than anything else.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    They very first thing that came to mind about...spoilers:
    the Skrulls still not having a homeworld was 'what about the planet Thanos has settled on after the Snap?' Why not point the Skrulls there. Wasn't Thanos the only one living there?
    end of spoilers
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

With Hulkling's comic origin seemingly off the table, you really shouldn't be surprised if Skaar from the end of She-Hulk turns out to be him. Merging the character whose name sounds like a Hulk with an actual Hulk.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I'm not concerned the Skrulls have had their homeworld destroyed in the comics twice.

Incredible Member

To provide quick update about Secret Invasion episode 2

spoilers:
    Hulkling's grandfather Dorrek gets named dropped.
    end of spoilers

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    To provide quick update about Secret Invasion episode 2

spoilers:
    Hulkling's grandfather Dorrek gets named dropped.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The name mentioned is actually Emperor Drogge, not Dorrek. It says on the subtitles. Here's a bit of explanation on who the character is in the comics. I really wish they had gone with Dorrek, but my guess is that they're using Drogge to establish the Super-Skrulls.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, I'm happy about this revelation. It puts us one step closer to Hulkling, I guess.

spoilers:
    Could be the One Steve Limit trope I guess. Hulkling's Skrull name is Dorrek too, after all.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Could be the One Steve Limit trope I guess. Hulkling's Skrull name is Dorrek too, after all.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would be my guess. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have the empire aspect and not have him.
    end of spoilers