Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

https://youtu.be/FL4HSiGvk68

Wonderboy (Tenacious D)
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, I forgot to post about this here the other day... but an older casting call from when they were still shooting Agatha: Coven Of Chaos came to light recently and mentions 13-year-olds for a Bar Mitzvah. Unless it's a flashback for Billy, may I dare wish we're finally getting the younger Kaplan siblings that were mentioned in that one Young Avengers issue once and then never heard from again?

They gonna cast a Jewish everything but a Jewish Billy that’s crazy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They gonna cast a Jewish everything but a Jewish Billy that’s crazy to me.
    I'm not sure if the 13-year-olds they were casting were jewish, though. Because for the roles that are theorized to be Rebecca and Jeff Kaplan, they mention the characters as ''authentic jewish'', but there was no specific requirement for the actors to be in the casting calls. I didn't find any evidence that the actress who was allegedly cast as Rebecca (Maria Dizzia) is jewish. Hollywood just doesn't care about judaism as an ethnicity, as much as the internet does.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not sure if the 13-year-olds they were casting were jewish, though. Because for the roles that are theorized to be Rebecca and Jeff Kaplan, they mention the characters as ''authentic jewish'', but there was no specific requirement for the actors to be in the casting calls. I didn't find any evidence that the actress who was allegedly cast as Rebecca (Maria Dizzia) is jewish. Hollywood just doesn't care about judaism as an ethnicity, as much as the internet does.
    TBH if I’m being all the way real I don’t really care either I just can’t stand the twink from Cardiac Arrest

This is a BTS pic (from 2021) of one of Emilia Clarke's wigs from Secret Invasion with the name label ''Anelle'' on it. Anelle, as y'all may or may not know, is Teddy's biological mom in the comics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cug1FLXq...BiNWFlZA%3D%3D

I don't actually think she is Anelle, though. It's possible that was gonna be her name originally, but they decided to go with G'iah in the end. I'm actually ok with that, 'cause seeing the direction they took with the character, I find it very hard to believe that would've ended up being a good adaptation of Anelle. Either way, the fact that they considered this name plus the mention of a Skrull Empire makes me hopeful that they are setting the stage for Hulkling's origin.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-11-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Hulkling is the last major Young Avenger to be introduced. I say last because I have doubts they'll go through with Iron Lad. Especially if they merge YA with the Champions they already have Riri so Iron Lad is not likely. The Young Avenger fan in me weeps to lose the Kang connection, but Quantumania already missed a big opportunity for it.

But back to Hulkling I hope he's coming. Just to finally end the "Skaar is the Hulk of the MCU Young Avengers" words cannot express how much I've grown to loathe Skaar since the end of She-Hulk.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't actually think she is Anelle, though. It's possible that was gonna be her name originally, but they decided to go with G'iah in the end. I'm actually ok with that, 'cause seeing the direction they took with the character, I find it very hard to believe that would've ended up being a good adaptation of Anelle. Either way, the fact that they considered this name plus the mention of a Skrull Empire makes me hopeful that they are setting the stage for Hulkling's origin.
    It is interesting how they are setting up the Super Skrull, considering he killed Teddy's adoptive mother.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    But back to Hulkling I hope he's coming. Just to finally end the "Skaar is the Hulk of the MCU Young Avengers" words cannot express how much I've grown to loathe Skaar since the end of She-Hulk.
    To be fair many aspects of Jeph Loeb's Hulk run are universally hated and it doesn't help Loeb tried to turn his run into one of the worst Marvel cartoons of the modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    It is interesting how they are setting up the Super Skrull, considering he killed Teddy's adoptive mother.

To be fair many aspects of Jeph Loeb's Hulk run are universally hated and it doesn't help Loeb tried to turn his run into one of the worst Marvel cartoons of the modern era.
    Which cartoon was that, if I may ask?

Which cartoon was that, if I may ask?
    I assume it's Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume it's Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.
    You are correct, still can't get over my annoyance with how the Loeb cartoons refused to use any Young Avengers members.

Kind of interesting that the way it was written in todays issue of Scarlet Witch while Teddy makes the main decisions Billy seems to be running most of the **** very Olivia Pope of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Kind of interesting that the way it was written in todays issue of Scarlet Witch while Teddy makes the main decisions Billy seems to be running most of the **** very Olivia Pope of him.
    Really? That's intriguing. Been absolutely quaking with anticipation for this issue, and to see how Orlando portrays our Royals.
    Any other details you're able to share? Spoiler Tagged Here or DM?

Hulkling is the last major Young Avenger to be introduced. I say last because I have doubts they'll go through with Iron Lad. Especially if they merge YA with the Champions they already have Riri so Iron Lad is not likely. The Young Avenger fan in me weeps to lose the Kang connection, but Quantumania already missed a big opportunity for it.

I've got to agree with you. As much as I love the character, there's no way they're doing Iron Lad now. It's obvious Kang isn't connecting in the way Thanos did with audiences, and given the unfortunate drama happening IRL, I can't imagine they'll double down and make Kang a huge part of a team they have to hope can carry them into the next generation.

And in any case, they'll probably use Ironheart, who of course being another Iron Man legacy has basically the same powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman