Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Can anyone list Billy and Teddy's most recent 5 or so appearances? I fell off a bit and want to catch up.
    They were in Scarlet Witch #6 the recent Guardians of the Galaxy issues, I believe they made some appearances in a Loki comic, I didn't read that one so I'm not 100% sure but I remember seeing a preview with them with Loki. With Guardians it was issue 7, I don't know if they have been in any other ones beside that.

Wiccan and Hulkling are the only YA members who eat well yearly at Thanksgiving.

Incredible Member

Apparently, there was a Billy and Teddy story in a children's book

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post an image on this forum

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAG
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 12-03-2023 at 03:42 AM.

Right click, copy image address, then on here, click on the Insert image button above the text box and paste the url.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Still trying to post a page but I think Reddit is just being difficult
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 12-03-2023 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Right click, copy image address, then on here, click on the Insert image button above the text box and paste the url.
    This is cute .

I got myself new Young Avengers content...well semi-new, it's technically old content. I got the "We Are The Avengers" paperback and look who is gracing the cover? The Young Avengers themselves baby! Oh and Thor, Bucky-Cap and O'Grady are there too I guess. It's these little stories were not collected in the Young Avengers Omnibus. With that said I really enjoy these fun little stories. This was the first time the team met the real Thor in person. And I absolutely love the Uncle Tony mini with Stature, so cute. I also forget this brings up her rivalry with Eric O'Grady in a rather humorous way. Two relationships Cassie has lost over the years in current day Marvel

My favorite story with the YA in this is the one where they try and get into the Avengers Mansion with the defense system on. It really makes me wonder if the classic Clint Barton was around during the time the YA surfaced how would he have supported them? Clint's always been a mentor the underdogs, rookies, and former villains. He was willing to give Justice and Firestar his Avengers spot and stood up for the Thunderbolts. If he had been around during the start the way Steve and Tony were, I wonder how much different the Young Avengers dynamic would have been with the older Avengers? He did bump into them a few times as Ronin but not as the his usual Hawkeye rebel self. Food for thought. I miss my Young Avengers team so much.

20231204_100131.jpg

Kate probably wouldn't be Hawkeye in that case. She impressed Steve, who allowed her to take Clint's name and weapon. Had Clint not been dead at the time that approval would've needed to come from him. Of course he did eventually warm to her after they met post his resurrection in House of M, but that wasn't immediate and had he met her before she took the name she might have ended up being a new Mockingbird instead (Bobbi was also believed dead at the time, and turned out to have been replaced by a Skrull as revealed in Secret Invasion, so that mantle was also vacant) or Swordswoman (she'd borrowed Swordsman's gear as well).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Kate probably wouldn't be Hawkeye in that case. She impressed Steve, who allowed her to take Clint's name and weapon. Had Clint not been dead at the time that approval would've needed to come from him. Of course he did eventually warm to her after they met post his resurrection in House of M, but that wasn't immediate and had he met her before she took the name she might have ended up being a new Mockingbird instead (Bobbi was also believed dead at the time, and turned out to have been replaced by a Skrull as revealed in Secret Invasion, so that mantle was also vacant) or Swordswoman (she'd borrowed Swordsman's gear as well).
    I would not have hated the idea of Kate as being a champion *fencer* in college, and also a competent, but not champion, archer and all-around athlete / gymnast / whatever, and leaned into the Swordsman legacy (the inclusion of Jonas even created precedent for people not in the first two Avengers lineups, the founders and Kooky Quartet, to serve as Young Avengers legacies).

I always wanted Kate to some day push a button on that sword and find out it shoots lightning bolts and flame blasts and paralyzing gas jets. Pew, pew! "WTF Kate! You've been shooting arrows all this time?!"

America Chavez is in Marvel Mutts #3 on Marvel Unlimited. And apparently she can time travel now. spoilers:
    She opens a star portal and throws a ball through it. Lockjaw and Ms. Marvel's new dog Mittens chase it, and end up in several different places... and it seems, times. They encounter Spidey and MJ together (seems to be before the current ASM run started), the latest Hellfire Gala (meaning the issue Kamala was resurrected in - and she has her old costume in this book so it should be set before ASM #26 when she was killed), the Fantastic Four at the Baxter Building (so either before their current run started or in the future), and in Vegas where a chapel has a sign up congratulating Tony and Emma on their wedding (which should say Hazel, as in Hazel Kendal, Emma Frost's current secret identity which she was using at that wedding), which would be during Fall of X. Those scenes can't all be on the same day, therefore America's portals can apparently allow time travel now. I thought they were only used for teleportation and multiverse travel?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

America could always time travel. Her first origin story established she came from the future (remember: Billy was the Demiurge where she came from, but that obviously hadn't happened in present day yet), and even though that origin was retconned, in her first solo book she actually traveled to the past and fought nazis. As far as I'm concerned, that's still canon.

I think everyone agrees that the America book where she said "holy menstruation" didn't happen (that was her first solo - America Chavez Born in the USA being the only other, right?). Later appearances have totally ignored it, and the fact she was enrolled at college in it.

I think everyone agrees that the America book where she said "holy menstruation" didn't happen (that was her first solo - America Chavez Born in the USA being the only other, right?). Later appearances have totally ignored it, and the fact she was enrolled at college in it.
    I mean, yeah, people don't like the book, and nobody references it anymore, but that's not definitive confirmation that they retconned every single thing that happened there. Until they say it was all a fever dream, the events of the book can still be a point of reference, so the time travelling still has some basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, yeah, people don't like the book, and nobody references it anymore, but that's not definitive confirmation that they retconned every single thing that happened there. Until they say it was all a fever dream, the events of the book can still be a point of reference, so the time travelling still has some basis.
    That is a very conveniet, isn't?
    What was, if not a fever dream, but a childhood fantasy was the whole Utopian Parallel, something confirmed by America herself in Defenders Beyond.
    Believe me, America is better without that whole first series. Nobody want to remember it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That is a very conveniet, isn't?
    What was, if not a fever dream, but a childhood fantasy was the whole Utopian Parallel, something confirmed by America herself in Defenders Beyond.
    Believe me, America is better without that whole first series. Nobody want to remember it.
    The Utopian Parallel being a childhood fantasy doesn't explain away everything that happened in the book, because a lot of it took place in the present too. Stuff like her meeting up with David and Kate... how do you say that did not happen if it's not connected to the events of her past?

Also, one key part of her new origin story was taken directly from that book. The part about her falling in NYC as a child and being raised by a puerto-rican family; that was a Gabby Rivera idea, and it remained in her backstory even after the retcon. They didn't erase everything from that book as some seem to think. They just got rid of the fantasy/magic stuff and replaced it with a sci-fi explanation for her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The Utopian Parallel being a childhood fantasy doesn't explain away everything that happened in the book, because a lot of it took place in the present too. Stuff like her meeting up with David and Kate... how do you say that did not happen if it's not connected to the events of her past?

Also, one key part of her new origin story was taken directly from that book. The part about her falling in NYC as a child and being raised by a puerto-rican family; that was a Gabby Rivera idea, and it remained in her backstory even after the retcon. They didn't erase everything from that book as some seem to think. They just got rid of the fantasy/magic stuff and replaced it with a sci-fi explanation for her powers.
    It is not me who said it. It isMarvel who said it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin