Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Of course Billy & Wanda finally interact again & the art is weird we can’t win!!
    I honestly like that art style and can't wait to see it! For what it's worth I think there are two artists on that book so we might get a different looking Billy in other parts of it?

Of course Billy & Wanda finally interact again & the art is weird we can’t win!!
    You really are a negative nancy, huh? Have you seen any of his work yet? There is nothing "weird" about it lol.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    You really are a negative nancy, huh? Have you seen any of his work yet? There is nothing "weird" about it lol.
    To You. I don’t like the faces & I hate that hairstyle.

Incredible Member

Of course Billy & Wanda finally interact again & the art is awesome we are so lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Pretty sure it's for Scarlet Witch #6. He dropped a few Wanda teasers already.
    That reminds me of the upcoming Wiccan/Hulkling appearances in Scarlet Witch. Can't wait to see it. I wonder when Wanda will demand to get some grandkids lol.

And speaking of awkward things have Billy/Tommy ever interacted with Vision yet? He's their android father. That must be equally weird considering you know...Jonas, but the YA don't talk about Jonas.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    That reminds me of the upcoming Wiccan/Hulkling appearances in Scarlet Witch. Can't wait to see it. I wonder when Wanda will demand to get some grandkids lol.

And speaking of awkward things have Billy/Tommy ever interacted with Vision yet? He's their android father. That must be equally weird considering you know...Jonas, but the YA don't talk about Jonas.
    It would probably help if Vision appeared more but it seems like he's too busy being an off-screen single dad to Viv. At least he's finally back on the Avengers.

Though who knows, if he and Wanda really get back together maybe we can get more family time...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would probably help if Vision appeared more but it seems like he's too busy being an off-screen single dad to Viv. At least he's finally back on the Avengers.

Though who knows, if he and Wanda really get back together maybe we can get more family time...
    They would have the weirdest family barbecue. Has Vision interacted with any of the Young Avengers? I can't recall and again it must be so awkward if he did.

They would have the weirdest family barbecue. Has Vision interacted with any of the Young Avengers? I can't recall and again it must be so awkward if he did.
    There was an...annual? I want to say that was Vision focused and showed him reorienting himself back into the MU after he got brought back, and it featured him talking to Billy and Tommy I think. It was right before AvX.

There was an...annual? I want to say that was Vision focused and showed him reorienting himself back into the MU after he got brought back, and it featured him talking to Billy and Tommy I think. It was right before AvX.
    That's super weird! Talking to a Vision after watching another Vision getting murdered in cold blood! Does Vision even know of Jonas? And seriously why isn't Jonas back as a supervillain he'd be perfect. I already have a title for it "Young Avengers: The Jonas Contract"

That's super weird! Talking to a Vision after watching another Vision getting murdered in cold blood! Does Vision even know of Jonas? And seriously why isn't Jonas back as a supervillain he'd be perfect. I already have a title for it "Young Avengers: The Jonas Contract"
    I haven't re-read it in forever but I do recall Vision asking Hank and Tony why they never tried reactivating him and bringing up how they thought Jonas was partially him.

We never got to see the actual talk. Just Viz showing up at the Kaplans' house...Billy answered the door and welcomed Viz in to talk with him and if I recall right the writer implied somewhere that Tommy (and Teddy) was there for the meeting too. Other than that, Vision's never got any actual on panel interaction with the Young Avengers aside from maybe those "they got shown in a silent conversation during a hero party" splash pages.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it was Teddy who was with Billy, not Tommy. And yeah, this single panel from that single comic was the only direct interaction he ever had with one of his spiritual sons. Quite sad...

Incredible Member

If I had to guess it's probably something the editorial doesn't want to deal with.

If I had to take an in-canon guess, it's more likely he avoids them out of pain;
    He emotionally rejected them and felt nothing when they were gone
    He learned about them right after the Avengers decided to leave him dead outside of his own free will.
    The fact being brought back meant the death of one of the close friends and teammates of his sons.
    His horrible history with his own family.
    Just like Wanda he probably has hang-ups about all he has missed and the fact that Billy and Tommy's original souls are still out there.

I feel he has plenty of good reasons to be distant, I can't even remember if he showed up to Billy's wedding.

I just checked and Vision is in fact at the second wedding. He's waaaaay in the back with Wanda. Like hunting for Waldo in a sea of heroes. And of course he says nothing to Billy or Tommy. The deadbeat android :P

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    If I had to guess it's probably something the editorial doesn't want to deal with.

If I had to take an in-canon guess, it's more likely he avoids them out of pain;
    He emotionally rejected them and felt nothing when they were gone
    He learned about them right after the Avengers decided to leave him dead outside of his own free will.
    The fact being brought back meant the death of one of the close friends and teammates of his sons.
    His horrible history with his own family.
    Just like Wanda he probably has hang-ups about all he has missed and the fact that Billy and Tommy's original souls are still out there.

I feel he has plenty of good reasons to be distant, I can't even remember if he showed up to Billy's wedding.
    See, I'm fine with the notion that he might feel uncomfortable around them. It's not unrealistic or anything. But if that's the case, then I would at least like a recognition of this fact in a story, you know? Like how in James Robinson's Scarlet Witch series, Wanda actually laid out her feelings on her reincarnated children and why she was distant from them. That made sense. Vision doesn't even have that. He just tried to replace them with a new family, and we never got to see them even talking about the emotional baggage behind a decision like that.

Anthony Oliveira actually had the right idea when he wrote Tommy as someone with abandonment issues in Paradox Lost, but I wish we could see the other side of that story with Viz too.