Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Proview for Voices Pride - one of the stories features Wiccan and Hulkling.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/09/ma...es-pride-2023/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Don't bother reading it for Wiccan and Hulkling they're only in it for three pages, I am legit annoyed.

Good to know. I'm more interested in the Scarlet Witch issue with Wiccan and Hulkling.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Don't bother reading it for Wiccan and Hulkling they're only in it for three pages, I am legit annoyed.
    Wait, so there was only one page missing from the preview?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, so there was only one page missing from the preview?
    Nope the entire story was actually the gas station attendants story.

I'm actually legit angry over the entire issue because it was mostly focused on female presenting heroes and I had no one to relate with. Only one I enjoyed was Gwenpool.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 06-15-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Those 2 are so over done anyway. I want more Cassie, Kate and Eli. Let them lead a new team.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

None of those were ever going to appear as the main character in a Pride comic story.

None of those were ever going to appear as the main character in a Pride comic story.
    I think he meant in general, not a Pride comic story. Wiccan and Hulkling are the only ones who appear semi-regularly. Even Kate is becoming more and more uncommon with appearances. Unless it's Miles, Kamala, or a LGBTQ character marvel doesn't use many of it's teen/young heroes these days.

Wiccan and Hulkling also have the benefit of being connected to a big Avenger character like Wanda too. I can't wait to see what they get up to in the new Wanda issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I think he meant in general, not a Pride comic story. Wiccan and Hulkling are the only ones who appear semi-regularly. Even Kate is becoming more and more uncommon with appearances. Unless it's Miles, Kamala, or a LGBTQ character marvel doesn't use many of it's teen/young heroes these days.

Wiccan and Hulkling also have the benefit of being connected to a big Avenger character like Wanda too. I can't wait to see what they get up to in the new Wanda issue.
    This is exactly what I am talking about. Hulkling and Wiccan are shown semi-regularly while many others are just pushed aside.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Man, doubly annoyed now...

First my LCS flat out refused to carry the Pride issue (new owner's a homophobe...)

Then I find out the Hulkling and Wiccan story they advertised isn't even about them...
    Last edited by scourge; 06-17-2023 at 10:00 AM. Reason: (no idea where the ***** came from)

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post

First my LCS flat out refused to carry the Pride issue (new owner's a homophobe..*****...)

Then I find out the Hulkling and Wiccan story they advertised isn't even about them...
    I'm sorry to hear that!

First my LCS flat out refused to carry the Pride issue (new owner's a homophobe...)

Vote with your wallet. I order from MidTown comics. Their mobile app is very user friendly. Costs shipping, but they give a discount on every order.

Idk MidTowns’ owner’s political/social leanings, but they’re big enough that they offer everything anyway.

I started ordering from them a while ago because sometimes my LCS at the time just wouldn’t have what I wanted.

Not sure if MidTown is an option for you, so just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is exactly what I am talking about. Hulkling and Wiccan are shown semi-regularly while many others are just pushed aside.
    I think it's a reflection of the state of the industry. cutbacks and stuff, minor characters get dumped.

Then you should refuse to support that shop. Do they have a competitor?

Wait, you can't answer, you're banned.

Incredible Member

According to someone who went to an early test screening of The Marvels

spoilers:
    Ms. Marvel is recruiting members for her own team and meets Kate Bishop who suggests they recruit Cassie.
    end of spoilers