Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Could be the One Steve Limit trope I guess. Hulkling's Skrull name is Dorrek too, after all.
    end of spoilers
    I mean they use NUMBERS in the comics after all.

Incredible Member

Seeing this big push they're giving the Titans at DC really makes me wish the Young Avengers were getting the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Seeing this big push they're giving the Titans at DC really makes me wish the Young Avengers were getting the same treatment.
    Marvel just can't seem to commit to pushing a teen Superhero team.

Quality aside the Titans have always been stable and marketable, but Marvel has gone through so many different iterations of a teen Superhero team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Quality aside the Titans have always been stable and marketable, but Marvel has gone through so many different iterations of a teen Superhero team.
    This! Sadly this. Marvel never commits and with their slowly aging timelines the teen superheroes cannot age with the generations of fans they debuted with, which is frustrating. I'm not into Marvel vs DC as I enjoy both, but one thing DC does better is promote their sidekick/teen/young heroes...well most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    This! Sadly this. Marvel never commits and with their slowly aging timelines the teen superheroes cannot age with the generations of fans they debuted with, which is frustrating. I'm not into Marvel vs DC as I enjoy both, but one thing DC does better is promote their sidekick/teen/young heroes...well most of them.
    Well, ok DC does it to, but less so, but Marvel does a lot of replacement teen hero teams. Which really makes the problem worse. WHICH young Avengers team are you going to use? like, Initiative... that's what? 250 teen heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah, there was no Marvel version of the Titans at all until 1989 (closest thing was probably the New Mutants, but it's not a general membership team like the Titans), and since then there's been the New Warriors, Young Avengers, Young Allies (that one flopped hard), and Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, ok DC does it to, but less so, but Marvel does a lot of replacement teen hero teams. Which really makes the problem worse. WHICH young Avengers team are you going to use? like, Initiative... that's what? 250 teen heroes?
    That is an issue in itself...do you go back to the originals? the 2nd team when MAC joined? Or move on...bring back some of the past and being in some new blood. No matter what they do they will have unhappy fans.

Me...I would love Kate, Eli and Cassie coming back and bring in some new members like Thunderstrike as well as create some new characters who are legacies of Avengers history.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I feel like Wiccan and Hulkling would no longer have the time to be full time members of the Young Avengers, because of them being the Consort and Emperor of the Kree-Skrull Empire. As such, if the team ever got another run, I feel like they'd use the remaining main members (Hawkeye, Patriot, Stinger, America, Speed) and add a couple of newbies (Arana would fit - unlike the other teen teams the YAs have never had a Spider. She was previously on the Young Allies team - the New Warriors had both Scarlet Spiders at different times and the Champions have Miles). They shouldn't use anyone who's been a Champion, as that team really should exist separately. Mixing them together would just make them look interchangeable, when they could easily co-exist (like when DC has Titans and either Teen Titans or Young Justice books).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-01-2023 at 04:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've always thought Thunderstrike would make a great Young Avenger member. Especially since they don't have a true Thor-legacy character. X-23 is another character who could have fit the legacy theme. Had the original run lasted longer I would have loved to have seen what kind of members they would have added.

If we're talking about characters that could have been added, you know what would make a interesting villain for the team? A fictional Red Hulkling! A Hulkling fanboy who didn't know Hulkling wasn't a actual Hulk and tried to become a 'Hulkling' himself to horrible results. Thus the Red Hulkling is born! Or he meses up and becomes a evil Red A-Bomb. Pure fanfiction writing right there. YA need more rogues gallery and I'll keep saying it until they expand.

Edit: I would have been fine with Arana joining. She's not a 'big' spider-character so she wouldn't overshadow anyone.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 07-01-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I feel like Wiccan and Hulkling would no longer have the time to be full time members of the Young Avengers, because of them being the Consort and Emperor of the Kree-Skrull Empire. As such, if the team ever got another run, I feel like they'd use the remaining main members (Hawkeye, Patriot, Stinger, America, Speed) and add a couple of newbies (Arana would fit - unlike the other teen teams the YAs have never had a Spider. She was previously on the Young Allies team - the New Warriors had both Scarlet Spiders at different times and the Champions have Miles). They shouldn't use anyone who's been a Champion, as that team really should exist separately. Mixing them together would just make them look interchangeable, when they could easily co-exist (like when DC has Titans and either Teen Titans or Young Justice books).
    I think bringing back too many of the old guard would be a negative. Yes they need some but the team needs to grow. It needs to establish new dynamics. But I agree that it should not have cross over with other team members other than friendships...I really want to see Cassie and Nadia spend time together.

I've always thought Thunderstrike would make a great Young Avenger member. Especially since they don't have a true Thor-legacy character. X-23 is another character who could have fit the legacy theme. Had the original run lasted longer I would have loved to have seen what kind of members they would have added.

If we're talking about characters that could have been added, you know what would make a interesting villain for the team? A fictional Red Hulkling! A Hulkling fanboy who didn't know Hulkling wasn't a actual Hulk and tried to become a 'Hulkling' himself to horrible results. Thus the Red Hulkling is born! Or he meses up and becomes a evil Red A-Bomb. Pure fanfiction writing right there. YA need more rogues gallery and I'll keep saying it until they expand.

Edit: I would have been fine with Arana joining. She's not a 'big' spider-character so she wouldn't overshadow anyone.
    Arana would be good as well.

As for an Red A-Bomb I would go a different route...have a scientist trying to help his sick kid. Born sickly and frail like Steve Rogers a scientist father conducts experiments with gamma and other enhancement techniques that does help the kid...but also gives him the ability to change into a Red A-Bomb form.

Or a Nighthawk legacy. Julia Carpenter (Madame Web)'s daughter is sick and needs a bone marrow transplant but they can't find anyone. At the same time Julia keeps having visions of the Serpent Society breaking into and stealing from Richmond Enterprises. Rachel seeing the bad state her mom is in makes her go and help Kyle Richmond (original 616 Nighthawk) deal with the SS threat. During the adventure Julia finds out that Kyle is a match for Rachel and he does the bone marrow transplant and passes the formula from his system onto her giving Rachel the same powers.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Because DC doesn't view being a sidekick as a bad thing. Contrast that with Marvel whose hatred of sidekicks ends up hurting their teen heroes. Both Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel would have benefited if they had a more traditional mentor/sidekick setup. Captain Marvel would give Ms Marvel more legitimacy and on the job training and cut down on the more annoying fangirl aspects of that character and Ms Marvel would make Captain Marvel more likable and less likely to end up on the wrong side of two Superhero Civil Wars.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

What about a Wonder Man legacy character?
    Although any other name with the word Wonder is probably owned by DC.

A Hercules Legacy character could also be cool, could be some sort of reincarnated ancient pantheon.

Extraordinary Member

A Hercules Legacy character could also be cool, could be some sort of reincarnated ancient pantheon.
    MC2 had Argo. A son of Hercules. Could have him pop up.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Argo_(Earth-982)
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-01-2023 at 10:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

Anyone with similar ionic-based powers, such as Atlas or Dallas Riordan, could kinda be seen as a Wonder Man legacy, and ions are associated with both corrosive agents and electricity, as well as atomic bonds, so could go in all sorts of directions for powersets. (Someone able to flood a target with ions to strengthen or weaken their bonds, making matter either reinforced / repair, or fly apart into a warm mist, could be interesting. They might avoid using their power of living people, out of squeamishness, but be perfectly willing to disintegrate guns, armor, vehicles, etc. and able to use their power to strengthen their own bonds and become bulletproof, or even do the same to others, to allow civilians to escape a dangerous place, temporarily resistant to harm.)

One cool thing about characters tied to myth like Thor and Hercules is that a 'legacy' character of either doesn't have to be their kid (so unoriginal!), or even another god from their particular group (Aesir or Olympians), but could be another entity from their rich and varied mythology, like an elf from Alfheim/Vanaheim or dwarf from Nidavallir (for Thor), or a siren or gorgon or centaur or a cyclopes (for Hercules).

But even the various gods have so much more variety than 'strong like Hercules 2.0.'

Hephaestus, Apollo, Iris, Hestia or Artemis (or someone descended from or empowered by them) would have vastly different sorts of abilities. Artemis alone would defy comic book conventions. A super-powered archer? How rare is that!

Ultimate Member

Well if you want to count Spider from the 1991 run or restore the Crazy 8s. You got Wonder Man legacies.

Spider hasn't been seen in 23 years.