Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Default Young Avengers Appreciation 2023

2022 graced us with a great Young Avengers story in the form of Marvel's Voices: Young Avengers (Paradox Lost). Let's hope 2023 will bring us equally great Young Avengers stories across all Marvel media!

(Art below by our fellow CBR user Fokken!)

Quoting from the previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Wouldn't it just be a simple solution to have him fill in for Teddy when he needs a break? I'm pretty clueless about how well Skrulls are at detecting on another.
    If you mean Goebig pretending to be Teddy, I don't think anything so far established he is a shapeshifter. I have thought about the possibility of Teddy leaving someone in his place whenever writers need him in other stories, though. It would be one way to write him back with the Young Avengers without undoing the Alliance. Or just do it in a legit way, with Teddy becoming a ''british royal'' sort of figure that still represents the Empire and its cultural affairs, but appoints a head of state to take care of other political matters for him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    2022 graced us with a great Young Avengers story in the form of Marvel's Voices: Young Avengers (Paradox Lost). Let's hope 2023 will bring us equally great Young Avengers stories across all Marvel media!

(Art below by our fellow CBR user Fokken!)

That is a fantastic picture! Honestly, Marvel should use that as the cover art for a physical collection of the "Paradox Lost" arc.

Happy New Year to the YA and their fans .

Ultimate Member

If you mean Goebig pretending to be Teddy, I don't think anything so far established he is a shapeshifter. I have thought about the possibility of Teddy leaving someone in his place whenever writers need him in other stories, though. It would be one way to write him back with the Young Avengers without undoing the Alliance. Or just do it in a legit way, with Teddy becoming a ''british royal'' sort of figure that still represents the Empire and its cultural affairs, but appoints a head of state to take care of other political matters for him.
    Klrt has already filled in for him (in disguise) previously, but I think I'd rather he just appoint someone (Paibok, perhaps? Lyja? I'd like to see her again!) as Seneschal or Chamberlain or some similar 'handles stuff when the regent is busy' post and make it official.

In any event, I want to see more Tommy, Eli and Cassie, in addition to Kate, Billy and Teddy. (And maybe America, Noh-Varr and David.) Gosh, that would be a large team, but I'm okay with that!

If we’re to believe what Galactus said in that 1 special Teddy’s reign last for years & honestly I have no desire to see Teddy vacate his throne like at all it’s his whole legacy take that away you lose so much I honestly thought I’d be 50 by the time he united the empire I count myself blessed it happened at 21.

Happy 2023 Young Avengers fans! Let's hope this will be a good year for our team! Quantumania and Coven of Chaos could be bringing our next members into the MCU. Speaking of which I saw this on Reddit and just had to share it for Ant-Man 3. I'm so hyped to see Cassie suited up! I wanna see her grow big and stomp villains in those chuck shoes of hers. Imagine the visual of those sneakers giant-sized and stained in alien guts lol. If they announce the Young Avengers project then I hope their logo is chuck shoes. The team must all wear them, imagine Teddy in them lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi..._and_the_wasp/

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Klrt has already filled in for him (in disguise) previously, but I think I'd rather he just appoint someone (Paibok, perhaps? Lyja? I'd like to see her again!) as Seneschal or Chamberlain or some similar 'handles stuff when the regent is busy' post and make it official.
    I think he should probably have two figureheads, one Kree and one Skrull, so it wouldn't seem like he's picking favorites between the two races. My vote would be Noh-Varr for the Kree and Xavin for the Skrulls. It's probably the two people he'd trust the most because they were actually his friends before the whole Empyre thing, and he knows they wouldn't have ulterior motives to rule in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If we’re to believe what Galactus said in that 1 special Teddy’s reign last for years & honestly I have no desire to see Teddy vacate his throne like at all it’s his whole legacy take that away you lose so much I honestly thought I’d be 50 by the time he united the empire I count myself blessed it happened at 21.
    Turning the alliance into a constitutional monarchy would still leave him with the throne and all that clout that comes from being a royal, he just wouldn't have as many responsibilities and could be free to do other things as a superhero. Honestly, it's the best of both worlds for a character like Teddy, because not only the past two years with him being emperor have been kinda terrible and uninspiring in terms of content that he's getting, but I think striving for democracy is exactly the kind of thing Teddy would stand for. He's not a selfish person, and I don't see him wanting to be a nepo-ruler for 50 years without giving his people the choice. Creating a system where the Kree/Skrull can vote for their head of state while he is still their king seems totally reasonable to me, and exactly the kind of thing Teddy would do to make sure the Alliance won't fall in the hands of dictators like his grandparents. It doesn't have to happen right now, but I think it makes sense that he would want to go there at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Happy 2023 Young Avengers fans! Let's hope this will be a good year for our team! Quantumania and Coven of Chaos could be bringing our next members into the MCU. Speaking of which I saw this on Reddit and just had to share it for Ant-Man 3. I'm so hyped to see Cassie suited up! I wanna see her grow big and stomp villains in those chuck shoes of hers. Imagine the visual of those sneakers giant-sized and stained in alien guts lol. If they announce the Young Avengers project then I hope their logo is chuck shoes. The team must all wear them, imagine Teddy in them lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi..._and_the_wasp/
    Unfortunately it's not very clear if Coven Of Chaos is coming this year. The official announcement for it claimed it had a winter 2023/2024 date, so they were likely thinking of a December release, but since Echo, which was supposed to come before Agatha has been delayed, it's very possible Agatha will end up pushed to a further 2024 date. Oh well.... at least we're likely getting a bunch of set pictures this month. I really hope we get to see how Billy will look like!

As for the Quantumania promotional pictures: it fills me with joy to see suited up Cassie being the face of the movie alongside the protagonists. It really makes me wish they had named the movie Ant-Man, The Wasp & Stinger. It would've been a funny pattern that each movie of the franchise ended up adding an extra name to the title. But it seems like they're not ready to commit to any codename for her yet, since the promotional material literally just calls her ''Cassie''. I guess she's not getting her codename in that movie, after all.

Happy New Year. Here's to hoping that the YA have a stronger showing this year.

Ultimate Member

I think he should probably have two figureheads, one Kree and one Skrull, so it wouldn't seem like he's picking favorites between the two races. My vote would be Noh-Varr for the Kree and Xavin for the Skrulls. It's probably the two people he'd trust the most because they were actually his friends before the whole Empyre thing, and he knows they wouldn't have ulterior motives to rule in his place.
    That makes total sense. I do want to see Lyja again, but Xavin is clearly the superior choice there. I wouldn't mind also seeing Z'reg (Crusader, from Secret Invasion, whose body mysteriously vanished from where he apparently died, leading to the thought that he somehow survived, and hey, a Skrull with a tiny bit of reality manipulation! He and Billy might have something to talk about!).

And yes, definitely a Kree co-Seneschal as well. Noh-Varr's a good choice from 'Kree I know already' standpoint, but I'm not sure if he'd also fit the bill of being a Kree *other Kree* would trust, since he's very much got his own faction of 'Utopian Kree.' Might be like a Democratic President picking a member of the Green party as his running mate. That said, I don't know a ton of other Kree right off the top of my head. General Glory is right out. Ultra Girl (Tsu-Zana) could be a hoot, tho.

So many interesting Kree and Skrulls, some potential allies, some definitely not, now that I think on it, that could get a little more play in a book centered around Billy and Teddy's 'court.'

And heck, given the nature of both races, a few human(ish) allies like Cassie, Kate, Eli, Tommy and David being invited for extended visits and being the sorts of 'trusted outsiders' beholden to neither Kree nor Skrull who end up tapped to help unravel court shenanigans could be fun.

Happy New Year YA fam!

Also where's Eli in the fan art?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quoting from the previous thread:

I still wish that Teddy could appoint himself advisors from either side of the Alliance in the forms of Noh-Varr or Phyla for the Kree and XAVIN for the Skrull.
    EDIT: Oops. DoV coming in hot with the genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That is a fantastic picture! Honestly, Marvel should use that as the cover art for a physical collection of the "Paradox Lost" arc.
    Thanks Dermie!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Happy New Year YA fam!

Also where's Eli in the fan art?
    Eli didn't have a story/appearance in Anthony's Paradox Lost (to no fault of his own -- he tried but was given a specific list of characters to pick from)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That makes total sense. I do want to see Lyja again, but Xavin is clearly the superior choice there. I wouldn't mind also seeing Z'reg (Crusader, from Secret Invasion, whose body mysteriously vanished from where he apparently died, leading to the thought that he somehow survived, and hey, a Skrull with a tiny bit of reality manipulation! He and Billy might have something to talk about!).

And yes, definitely a Kree co-Seneschal as well. Noh-Varr's a good choice from 'Kree I know already' standpoint, but I'm not sure if he'd also fit the bill of being a Kree *other Kree* would trust, since he's very much got his own faction of 'Utopian Kree.' Might be like a Democratic President picking a member of the Green party as his running mate. That said, I don't know a ton of other Kree right off the top of my head. General Glory is right out. Ultra Girl (Tsu-Zana) could be a hoot, tho.

So many interesting Kree and Skrulls, some potential allies, some definitely not, now that I think on it, that could get a little more play in a book centered around Billy and Teddy's 'court.'

And heck, given the nature of both races, a few human(ish) allies like Cassie, Kate, Eli, Tommy and David being invited for extended visits and being the sorts of 'trusted outsiders' beholden to neither Kree nor Skrull who end up tapped to help unravel court shenanigans could be fun.
    Ultra Girl could do to interact with Captain Marvel again, actually. Since she last appeared (when Carol was still Ms. Marvel!), Carol's been revealed to be half-Kree - and Suzanna is also a Kree-human hybrid. So now she has another thing in common with her former mentor. It'd also be fun to see her interact with Lauri-Ell (Carol's sister, and the current Accuser and thus part of Teddy's court), and Kamala (who is effectively her replacement as Carol's mentee).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Underappreciated flirty exchange between Emperor & Consort, from Marvel’s Voices: Pride #1, 2022

Last edited by Fokken; 01-02-2023 at 07:05 AM.

BANNED

It’s been ten years since the last series. Time for another one! I would love to see Rainbow Rowell take on these characters.