Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
THIS.
As a fan since Heinberg's original YOUNG AVENGERS, assembling this team without Eli, even after his introduction in FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLIDER series, is kind of a non-starter for me. I'll hold out hope that we will get his evolution into PATRIOT as part of the early stories of the cinematic team's adventures.

The mind also ponders whom to cast as a younger version of Jonatan Majors as IRON LAD/KID KANG...
Eli's one of those character's who I didn't really like initially but grew to appreciate on re-reads and now he's one of my faves, it bother's me immensely that due to copyright issues he's often left out considering the team doesn't get that much spotlight to begin with so he really can't afford to be missing out.

He can be a massive jerk and is someone full of anger but I like what he brings to the group and lord if a lot that anger isn't justified considering. While he make many rash and bad decisions over the course of the run I can always understand his reasoning, Eli certainly someone not afraid to have an unpopular opinion or be the naysayer if he ultimately feels it's the right thing to do. He's also arguably the most loyal friend of the team, I always noted he was the most adamantly against sending Nate back to the future to become Kang and the last hold-out.