Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

I just read the Hulkling and Wiccan stuff Assault on Eden. My thoughts?

spoilers:
    Teddy is a real Hulk now. Fighting in nothing but his underwear? It took him this long to do that? And he said a swear! These former Young Avengers dropping these F-bombs. Wiccan almost broke all of reality. How long until we get a House of M/Disassembled storyline starring Billy/Wiccan? That would be super nuts especially if his madness surpasses Wanda's.
    end of spoilers

So yeah. The artwork wasn't my fave to be honest, but it was great to catch up on the space kings.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    When has Nadia used her powers to grow? I must be forgetting or I missed it.
    Final issue of her own book, Unstoppable Wasp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I checked out Wiccan and Hulkling's appearance in Guardians and...was that it? I don't have much to say on it. If they do not return in it I won't follow Guardians any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Final issue of her own book, Unstoppable Wasp.
    Oh. Well I certainly read that and own the trade. Thank you!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

RED ALERT!!! YOUNG AVENGERS EMERGENCY!!! ELI IS BACKKKKK!!

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/19/ja...solicitations/

MARVEL’S VOICES: LEGENDS #1

DAVID F. WALKER; JUSTINA IRELAND AND MORE! (W) • TBA (A)

Cover by CAANAN WHITE • VARIANT COVER BY SEAN DAMIEN HILL

VARIANT COVER BY MATEUS MANHANINI • VARIANT COVER BY TBA

Cornerstones of the Marvel Universe unite in this jam-packed special! Captain America graces the city skies – and dives headlong into the dangers of its alleyways. Misty Knight gets the anniversary treatment as she approaches fifty years of publication history! And – in a bold tale of corruption, abuse and the hope that springs eternal – Elijah Bradley makes an explosive return to the spotlight! All this and more from the program that brings you the world outside your window in real time – MARVEL’S VOICES kicks off a triumphant new year of stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post

About time .

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post

I don't think I'll ever understand the legal issue with Eli but at the moment I don't care. The most underrated Young Avenger is finally back! This is almost as good as getting a YA reunion. Doesn't look like he's updated his costume though. That would be nice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I don't think I'll ever understand the legal issue with Eli but at the moment I don't care. The most underrated Young Avenger is finally back! This is almost as good as getting a YA reunion. Doesn't look like he's updated his costume though. That would be nice.
    I'm curious what sort of abilities he has. Using MGH, his powers were unclear, but he specifically said he *didn't* have super-strength (but did seem to regard them as necessary for mixing it up, so some sort of fight-buff?). Post super-soldier-blood-transfusion, again, his powers were unclear, but he mentioned heightened *hearing*, which is not a typical Captain America/super-soldier thing?

I mean, clearly he's effective even without them, but it would be neat to know what's going on with that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm curious what sort of abilities he has. Using MGH, his powers were unclear, but he specifically said he *didn't* have super-strength (but did seem to regard them as necessary for mixing it up, so some sort of fight-buff?). Post super-soldier-blood-transfusion, again, his powers were unclear, but he mentioned heightened *hearing*, which is not a typical Captain America/super-soldier thing?

I mean, clearly he's effective even without them, but it would be neat to know what's going on with that guy!
    Eli never said he didn't have super strength while on MGH. It was just banter with Teddy about who would open the door they were trying to get through.
    With his super-solider blood transfusion now he's got the same 'peak human' power set as other Super Soldiers like Steve Rogers.

Oh hell yes! This is the first time since that Marvel anniversary thing a few years back, right?

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Oh hell yes! This is the first time since that Marvel anniversary thing a few years back, right?
    Yeah! Iirc, it was in 2019 with Marvel #1000. Which means when this is out, it will have been nearly 5 years since that last appearance! He's had a few visual cameos and name drops in the time between, but nothing to this extent!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Eli never said he didn't have super strength while on MGH. It was just banter with Teddy about who would open the door they were trying to get through.
    With his super-solider blood transfusion now he's got the same 'peak human' power set as other Super Soldiers like Steve Rogers.
    That would make logical sense, but he's apparently also got some sort of super-hearing thing going on (which Cap doesn't), and I missed whatever appearance made that clear. Where was it?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I feel like this cover is truly a testament to how much it feels like Marvel left Eli behind. Every other black character has a modern redesign of their outfit, while he's still rocking his early 00s look. Also, looking at him all grown like this sure is weird when we've barely seen him since like 2012. It makes sense that he looks more like a man and less like a teenager now, but people probably still remember him through Jim Cheung's art mostly, so it's a stark difference. It's like we've missed so much of his growth.

Let's hope things are better this time around and he can finally stick around as a character!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I think it's just one of those things like Peter Parker and Cindy Moon being bitten by the same spider but she has certain abilities that he doesn't. You just have to chalk it up to different individuals having different reactions and effects to sci-fi stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He was on Empyre and on Black Panther too, but yeah, this might be the first time he actually has speaking lines and a central role.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-19-2023 at 07:15 PM.

Seeing that cover makes me wonder has Eli reacted at all to Sam Wilson as Captain America? This is something that would warrant interaction. You'd think he'd make a appearance for it. I really want to hear his thoughts on a new black Captain America. Also it looks like he's outgrown that old shield.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Seeing that cover makes me wonder has Eli reacted at all to Sam Wilson as Captain America? This is something that would warrant interaction. You'd think he'd make a appearance for it. I really want to hear his thoughts on a new black Captain America. Also it looks like he's outgrown that old shield.
    He hasn't, which was one of the worst parts about his editorial limbo in the past decade. I really hope he interacts with Sam on this short story.