Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Yeah, that was back when they were replacing him with Rayshaun.

Yeah - the Marvel Rising cartoon and Sam Wilson's Falcon comic both getting cancelled put an end to him being pushed, though he stayed in the Champions comic until that also got cancelled. I think Champions #9 by Danny Lore was Rayshawn's last appearance, when all of Zub's roster (the brief Eve Ewing and Danny Lore runs had both used a much smaller core team) was shown on a splash page celebrating Kamala's Law being repealed. He wasn't in Captain America: Symbol of Truth at all, unlike Sam's other sidekick, the new Falcon Joaquin Torres.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-20-2023 at 02:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Ok, turns out there's more good YA news this week!

Billy (and Teddy a tiny bit) are featured in a new Marvel book titled Marvel Super Stories (Book One): All-New Comics from All-Star Cartoonists. Story for Billy is by Mike Curato

Book One? That implies more to come. Got a link?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that was back when they were replacing him with Rayshaun.
    I actually would not mind Eli stealing Rayshaun's outfit as it is a cool suit and feels like a evolution of the Patriot costume. Do it Eli! Reclaim your name and your spotlight! Forget Winter Soldier, this is Marvel's true Revolution!

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Book One? That implies more to come. Got a link?
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mar...nt/1143131857#

Looks like it's categorized as middle grade, so for the younger crowd. And yeah, it seems like there's more to come. Still, knowing it's for younger kids, makes it more awesome that they included Billy and Teddy given all that's been going on in the US concerning books! I'm gonna see if I can find it to support lol

Good to see something aimed at kids using the LGBTQ characters.

Also, that link needs posting in the Hawkeye thread, there's been complaints there about a lack of Clint Barton content!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Nothing confirmed yet, but the Loki show might've just ruled out Iron Lad from existing in the MCU.

spoilers:
    We were finally given an origin story for Kang, or in the very least, one of his variants. Instead of being Nathaniel Richards from the 31st century, we find out he was a man named Victor Timely from the 19th century, and he gained knowledge about time travel from Ravonna and Miss Minutes specifically planting that knowledge on his time so he could become He Who Remains in the future.
    end of spoilers

The reason why this doesn't necessarily confirm anything it's because it's just a variant and we don't really know yet if this origin story will be the same for THEE Kang that I'm assuming they're gonna use in Kang Dynasty. But I do find it a bit concerning that we haven't heard anything about the name Nathaniel Richards yet. Maybe they're saving it for the future for the Fantastic Four connection. As a YA fan, I just hope Nate gets to exist in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mar...nt/1143131857#

Looks like it's categorized as middle grade, so for the younger crowd. And yeah, it seems like there's more to come. Still, knowing it's for younger kids, makes it more awesome that they included Billy and Teddy given all that's been going on in the US concerning books! I'm gonna see if I can find it to support lol
    Oh, nice. And you're right, Billy and Teddy are NEVER included in those all-ages type of content for Marvel. It's nice to see one of them included for a change.

spoilers:
    19th Century? That reminds me of another Nathaniel - Essex, aka Mister Sinister. Timely of course was Marvel's original name from the 1930s.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I feel like this cover is truly a testament to how much it feels like Marvel left Eli behind. Every other black character has a modern redesign of their outfit, while he's still rocking his early 00s look. Also, looking at him all grown like this sure is weird when we've barely seen him since like 2012. It makes sense that he looks more like a man and less like a teenager now, but people probably still remember him through Jim Cheung's art mostly, so it's a stark difference. It's like we've missed so much of his growth.
    Keep in mind that Eli is a super soldier...so he has incredibly healthy cells...I would assume his aging may be halted or at least drastically slowed.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

It'd be slowed, not halted. Steve became Cap at age 18 and doesn't still look like a teenager.

Nothing confirmed yet, but the Loki show might've just ruled out Iron Lad from existing in the MCU.

spoilers:
    We were finally given an origin story for Kang, or in the very least, one of his variants. Instead of being Nathaniel Richards from the 31st century, we find out he was a man named Victor Timely from the 19th century, and he gained knowledge about time travel from Ravonna and Miss Minutes specifically planting that knowledge on his time so he could become He Who Remains in the future.
    end of spoilers

The reason why this doesn't necessarily confirm anything it's because it's just a variant and we don't really know yet if this origin story will be the same for THEE Kang that I'm assuming they're gonna use in Kang Dynasty. But I do find it a bit concerning that we haven't heard anything about the name Nathaniel Richards yet. Maybe they're saving it for the future for the Fantastic Four connection. As a YA fan, I just hope Nate gets to exist in the MCU.

Oh, nice. And you're right, Billy and Teddy are NEVER included in those all-ages type of content for Marvel. It's nice to see one of them included for a change.
    spoilers:
    Has Kang ever had a different name outside Nathanial Richards before? Like that being his origin name? If this was still in a time when the MCU didn't have the Fantastic Four then this would be legit to avoid "Richards" but that's not the case now. In any case this isn't promising for Iron Lad but in all honesty I've had doubts ever since Quantumania when they didn't make a big connection right then and there. Who knows what the MCU is doing with their potential Young Avengers. If the Marvels post credit scene leak is true then we'll know but again I'll believe it when I see it.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    spoilers:
    Has Kang ever had a different name outside Nathanial Richards before? Like that being his origin name? If this was still in a time when the MCU didn't have the Fantastic Four then this would be legit to avoid "Richards" but that's not the case now. In any case this isn't promising for Iron Lad but in all honesty I've had doubts ever since Quantumania when they didn't make a big connection right then and there. Who knows what the MCU is doing with their potential Young Avengers. If the Marvels post credit scene leak is true then we'll know but again I'll believe it when I see it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The name Victor Timely IS taken straight outta Kang lore in the comics, but it was never his real name there. It's one of the many aliases that he's had over the years.
    end of spoilers As far as I know, his real name has always been Nathaniel Richards in the Marvel Universe, except for the alternative universes in which somebody else became Kang instead of him.

spoilers:
    Yeah, Infinity Warps is one of those exceptions - Kang was Kamala (of all people!) there. A pun on her last name Khan, apparently.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I don't know if we will get to Young Avemgers if the strike continues and the Major's court saga is still happening.