Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

The Stinger identity in 616 does have a proper origin, and has been consistently used instead of Stature since the upgrade happened. She had a heart transplant thanks to Darren Cross (who stole her original heart to become Yellowjacket). That depowered her, so she went to the Power Broker for new powers. Her only condition was they had to be Pym Particle related. She was given a suit which replicated Wasp's powers, which of course includes everything she could do before, plus flight, stingers (hence the codename) and a helmet so she can communicate with insects (something she always wanted - the reason she was Stature instead of her original choice of Ant-Girl is because she was missing the helmet). It's funny in a way. Nadia simultaneously built identical powers for herself, thinking she was so clever in reverse engineering Hank's tech, yet Cassie gets the exact same powers just by going to a guy who normally supplies villains. The only time Cassie has relied only on her Stature abilities since, is when she was at Nadia's birthday party and didn't have her suit, hence no wings or helmet. The growing power had re-internalised by then.

The MC2 origin could be identical, as I think we never saw it, it was just assumed she inherited the powers from Scott, Hank, and Janet. There's actually nothing to say that MC2 Cassie was never Stature?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    OTOH, it could be interesting to find out that there was only ever one Cassie, and that MC2 Cassie *was* 'our' Cassie, displaced interdimensionally, having adventures in this other universe, which she's either forgotten (did she choose to have these memories erased, or was it done to her?), or had to keep quiet about, for... reasons.

(It might even be tied somehow to her occasional uses of the Stinger identity and gear in 616, instead of the Stature identity, that Stinger phase being right after she 'returned' from her time in the MC2-verse, where she'd been operating as Stinger for awhile. Being time-shenanigans, she returned seconds after she left, months older, and with new gear, and her friends never even knew! It could also tie into her fairly rapid off-panel maturation as a hero, where she's now kind of the voice of common sense and experience *to her dad,* because she's got the benefit of a bunch of super-heroing that some others don't know about.)

But not the evil Ultimates version. Yuk!
    Evil Ultimate Cassie needs love too. Even if she was racist to Miles, that's not cool. But her suit was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Stinger identity in 616 does have a proper origin, and has been consistently used instead of Stature since the upgrade happened. She had a heart transplant thanks to Darren Cross (who stole her original heart to become Yellowjacket). That depowered her, so she went to the Power Broker for new powers. Her only condition was they had to be Pym Particle related. She was given a suit which replicated Wasp's powers, which of course includes everything she could do before, plus flight, stingers (hence the codename) and a helmet so she can communicate with insects (something she always wanted - the reason she was Stature instead of her original choice of Ant-Girl is because she was missing the helmet). It's funny in a way. Nadia simultaneously built identical powers for herself, thinking she was so clever in reverse engineering Hank's tech, yet Cassie gets the exact same powers just by going to a guy who normally supplies villains. The only time Cassie has relied only on her Stature abilities since, is when she was at Nadia's birthday party and didn't have her suit, hence no wings or helmet. The growing power had re-internalised by then.

The MC2 origin could be identical, as I think we never saw it, it was just assumed she inherited the powers from Scott, Hank, and Janet. There's actually nothing to say that MC2 Cassie was never Stature?
    I believe she's used her Stature powers in her every rare appearance after Nick Spencer's series. At Billy and Teddy's wedding, At the Young Avengers reunion to fight Terminus, in Giant-Man, At the start of World Hive, The Kate Bishop mini series, in the Young Avengers Paradox Lost where she went full classic Stature, and in the Ant-iversary issue. And in the Iron Man wedding cover she's huge on it. It's like Marvel remembered "Oh yeah. She primarily does that" it brings the argument of retiring Stinger and just going back to Stature front and center. It's ironic the MCU Cassie was basically Stature but with Stinger's colors and the helmet obviously. Purple Stature with Chuck Taylors and a helmet.

Her growing is the thing that distinguishes her from the Wasps - Janet and Nadia are capable of it too, but very rarely use it, preferring their shrinking powers. Functionally Nadia and Cassie have identical powers, but they do use them differently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that both of Billy and Teddy's upcoming appearances in GOTG and Captain Marvel: Assault on Eden are coming out next week on October 11th!!

Here's a preview for Assault on Eden: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...sault-on-eden/

And here's a preview for GOTG #7: https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...medium=twitter

Also, looks like Billy and Teddy have an appearance in that new Marvel Tarot deck they released as the II of Cups card!

https://twitter.com/supersinstars/st...jBQRAB-Kg&s=19
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 10-05-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that both of Billy and Teddy's upcoming appearances in GOTG and Captain Marvel: Assault on Eden are coming out next week on October 11th!!

Here's a preview for Assault on Eden: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...sault-on-eden/

And here's a preview for GOTG #7: https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...medium=twitter

Also, looks like Billy and Teddy have an appearance in that new Marvel Tarot deck they released as the II of Cups card!

Thank you Walking Replica!
    Assault on Eden: Zero notes. Cannot wait. I'm all a quiver. Love the naming of the Throne City.
    GOTG: I'd like to see the manager. Who are these ghastly yahoos parading around as my space boys?
    Tarot: Lovely to see them included. Kinda wishing it was a full image but still a serve.

Poor Billy and Teddy are stuck in the nonsense that is the current GoTG run.

Really hoping these two books treat the guys well and don't just have them jobbing/needing to be saved by everyone else...just want them to be treated well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Thank you Walking Replica!
    Assault on Eden: Zero notes. Cannot wait. I'm all a quiver. Love the naming of the Throne City.
    GOTG: I'd like to see the manager. Who are these ghastly yahoos parading around as my space boys?
    Tarot: Lovely to see them included. Kinda wishing it was a full image but still a serve.
    Yeah... Billy in particular looked rough in that GOTG preview. We can only hope the plot will make up for it (though considering how lukewarm I've been on this run... idk if it will lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Billy and Teddy are stuck in the nonsense that is the current GoTG run.
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Really hoping these two books treat the guys well and don't just have them jobbing/needing to be saved by everyone else...just want them to be treated well.
    I expect Assault on Eden to be absolutely perfect in showing them off considering it's Anthony Oliveira writing them again. Bonus points for the great art and (slightly) better hair for Billy haha.

GOTG on the other hand... like I said above, idk if they're gonna be treated well. Although, I think from the looks of it, they'll be the ones saving everyone else. Hopefully Billy has mastered reviving people without accidentally summoning interdimensional parasites, considering what the previous issues implied happened to the rest of the team from Ewing's run. And hey, maybe once this run ends, they can be added back into the team for more consistent appearances in the next book.

Where in space do Billy and Teddy live? I always see them in some kind of palace but I never know where it is located. Do they have their own planet? Do the Kree and Skrull inhabit that planet? Where is the planet located? I need to learn more.

Edit: I'm only reading Guardians for the Wiccan/Hulkling appearance. Bad art and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Where in space do Billy and Teddy live? I always see them in some kind of palace but I never know where it is located. Do they have their own planet? Do the Kree and Skrull inhabit that planet? Where is the planet located? I need to learn more.

Edit: I'm only reading Guardians for the Wiccan/Hulkling appearance. Bad art and everything.
    There's a new throne world for the Alliance where they live now in a palace, and from how it's been depicted from Ewing's GOTG to now, both Kree and Skrulls live there in harmony. Not sure what region of space they're in, although it's most likely wherever the old Planet Hala was.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Her growing is the thing that distinguishes her from the Wasps - Janet and Nadia are capable of it too, but very rarely use it, preferring their shrinking powers. Functionally Nadia and Cassie have identical powers, but they do use them differently.
    When has Nadia used her powers to grow? I must be forgetting or I missed it.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Yeah... Billy in particular looked rough in that GOTG preview. We can only hope the plot will make up for it (though considering how lukewarm I've been on this run... idk if it will lol)

I expect Assault on Eden to be absolutely perfect in showing them off considering it's Anthony Oliveira writing them again. Bonus points for the great art and (slightly) better hair for Billy haha.

GOTG on the other hand... like I said above, idk if they're gonna be treated well. Although, I think from the looks of it, they'll be the ones saving everyone else. Hopefully Billy has mastered reviving people without accidentally summoning interdimensional parasites, considering what the previous issues implied happened to the rest of the team from Ewing's run. And hey, maybe once this run ends, they can be added back into the team for more consistent appearances in the next book.
    RE reviving people, I'm still quite suspicious of the alleged fate of the Guardians. Especially that of spoilers:
    Moondragon. Whenever a mind-molder of that caliber is involved, one must never fully accept claims at face value, me thinks
    end of spoilers

And I absolutely echo your confidence in the boys' portrayal over in Assault on Eden.
    There are just some creatives whose respect for the characters is so strong that even when they throw said characters into a traumatic event, you know its to elevate them and demonstrate their strength in adversity.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Thoughts on Captain Marvel: Assault On Eden

spoilers:
    So, officially one year in-universe since Teddy became the emperor, huh? I'm glad they gave us a sort of timeline, because I had no idea how long it had been since Empyre.

Shoutout to Anthony for still being the only Marvel writer who bothers to use Dorrek-Vell as Teddy's birth name.

Obsessed with how the artist decided to just make Teddy's emperor cape be glittery for no particular reason. I hope more artists do that in the future. I also noticed that the design for Billy's suit is different. He has short sleeves, red boots, and the galaxy print part of his outfit was a plain color with five-pointed blue stars on it. Not sure if I like this more than the original, but it was cute.

The statue in homage of Antalya and baby Teddy. So pretty... and then of course it gets immediately destroyed. T_T Damn you, Supreme Intelligence! I hope they rebuild it.

Another shoutout to Anthony for writing Teddy in his underwear for good amount of panels. Always doing it for the gays!

I loved seeing the Nega-Bands in action. I hope more writers in the future utilize their power while writing action scenes for Wickling.
    end of spoilers

Overall, it was a nice issue, but it felt too short. No shade, but I don't like that they used the last several pages of the one-shot to promote the Monica Rambeau book instead of just using it to give more page time to Billy and Teddy. Like yeah, Monica is cool and all, but at least she has her own book, which is more than we can say about these two.

I haven't bothered to read the Guardians Of The Galaxy issue because honestly, I haven't kept up with this run and I'm not sure if I'm interested. I guess I'm gonna wait and see what people have to say about Wickling's role in it and whether they are sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Thoughts on Captain Marvel: Assault On Eden

spoilers:
    So, officially one year in-universe since Teddy became the emperor, huh? I'm glad they gave us a sort of timeline, because I had no idea how long it had been since Empyre.

Shoutout to Anthony for still being the only Marvel writer who bothers to use Dorrek-Vell as Teddy's birth name.

Obsessed with how the artist decided to just make Teddy's emperor cape be glittery for no particular reason. I hope more artists do that in the future. I also noticed that the design for Billy's suit is different. He has short sleeves, red boots, and the galaxy print part of his outfit was a plain color with five-pointed blue stars on it. Not sure if I like this more than the original, but it was cute.

The statue in homage of Antalya and baby Teddy. So pretty... and then of course it gets immediately destroyed. T_T Damn you, Supreme Intelligence! I hope they rebuild it.

Another shoutout to Anthony for writing Teddy in his underwear for good amount of panels. Always doing it for the gays!

I loved seeing the Nega-Bands in action. I hope more writers in the future utilize their power while writing action scenes for Wickling.
    end of spoilers

Overall, it was a nice issue, but it felt too short. No shade, but I don't like that they used the last several pages of the one-shot to promote the Monica Rambeau book instead of just using it to give more page time to Billy and Teddy. Like yeah, Monica is cool and all, but at least she has her own book, which is more than we can say about these two.

I haven't bothered to read the Guardians Of The Galaxy issue because honestly, I haven't kept up with this run and I'm not sure if I'm interested. I guess I'm gonna wait and see what people have to say about Wickling's role in it and whether they are sticking around.
    I agree entirely on the Assault on Eden book. Overall great but felt way too short. Would have been better with less Monica and more Teddy and Billy.
    As for GotG...great big continued meh.
    spoilers:
    The guys only show up to flirt with eachother, get beaten up by plant-Guardians, get an info-dump on this dumb Grootfall stuff, and then get insulted by Star-Lord's half sister. Doesn't look like they're sticking around at all.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by scourge; 10-11-2023 at 11:48 PM. Reason: fixing the spoiler tag thing...

Sentiments echoed from my corner of midwestern USA.

The charm was ON. The energy was UP.

I'm familiar with the artist's prior work, and they do take some design liberties so the alterations to Billy's aesthetic weren't a complete surprise for me. The star-pattern, for example, was an interesting choice and one I don't foresee being adopted in future issues.
    My first exposure to Teddy's undies this issue was through Twitter -- and a user there had photoshopped them into briefs rather than boxer-briefs. I didn't realize it was a photoshop job at the time and I was both surprised and impressed but alas -- it wasn't the true image. haha.

My personal favorite bit of dialogue was the exchange between our Kings whilst watching the sunset(?) at the end.
    As with every Oliveira installment for the boys, this deserved a lot more pages and panels, but I'm just glad it happened at all.