Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I don't know if we will get to Young Avemgers if the strike continues and the Major's court saga is still happening.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind ''cancelling'' the team for now if it means we can get a reboot post-Secret Wars that can actually introduce the team in a concise manner instead of the current disjointed and dragged out way they decided to introduce these characters. Young Avengers was always pretty straight-forward in the comics, and Marvel Studios made a mistake by trying to slowly introduce most members individually.

Yeah, at the rate they're going, some members will age out, such as Kate, before others are introduced. Cassie's already past the age she is in the comics. Yet America Chavez (who was what, 14 in Multiverse of Madness?) is several years younger than she should be and Wiccan and Speed were last seen (in WandaVision) as kids - who didn't actually exist.

I don't believe they'll use Kang for a YA project, his secret identity doesn't match the comics. They'll probably use Ironheart in his place! She and Kamala are the only main Champions introduced so far (they did also introduce Joaquin Torres, the new Falcon, but he's older than in the comics and not a teen hero - Wasp doesn't count either for the same reason), and while Kamala looks destined for X-Men, Riri has no team to go to after her solo show.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind ''cancelling'' the team for now if it means we can get a reboot post-Secret Wars that can actually introduce the team in a concise manner instead of the current disjointed and dragged out way they decided to introduce these characters. Young Avengers was always pretty straight-forward in the comics, and Marvel Studios made a mistake by trying to slowly introduce most members individually.
    That's assuming they even still want to do Young Avengers post-Secret Wars. The actors will be even older by then so I don't even know what stories they could tell when the likes of Kate and Cassie will be legal for regular Avengers status by then. I agree they could have introduce the team much better. And I doubt Kang is going to have much of a connection anymore which sucks since he's the reason they exist. It's like making the Thunderbolts without Baron Zemo oh wait...

I'll stand by that Young Avengers would work much better as a animated project ala Into the Spider-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'll stand by that Young Avengers would work much better as a animated project ala Into the Spider-Verse.
    I also would support an animated series over a live action anything, honestly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I also would support an animated series over a live action anything, honestly.
    Wouldn't have to angst over actors aging out or getting recast because Marvel farted around too damn long to get their shit together.

Plus the effects for Billy's magic, Teddy's shapeshifting, Cassie's growth, etc. could go bananas and not worry about crap like 'Teddy has to stay in human form this episode, because we blew the budget with Cassie's miniature adventures earlier!'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Wouldn't have to angst over actors aging out or getting recast because Marvel farted around too damn long to get their shit together.

Plus the effects for Billy's magic, Teddy's shapeshifting, Cassie's growth, etc. could go bananas and not worry about crap like 'Teddy has to stay in human form this episode, because we blew the budget with Cassie's miniature adventures earlier!'
    I would hope they don't blow the budget on Cassie's miniature adventure. They need to blow the budget on Cassie's gigantically big adventure LOL.

But yeah, the powers would look so much cooler in animation. Live action Hulkling/Teddy would likely get the She-Hulk treatment if on a Disney Plus series. I wish the Young Avengers future would be animated as they would be able to make them more like their comicbook counterparts. (And Cassie can be her normal blonde big self)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That's assuming they even still want to do Young Avengers post-Secret Wars. The actors will be even older by then so I don't even know what stories they could tell when the likes of Kate and Cassie will be legal for regular Avengers status by then. I agree they could have introduce the team much better. And I doubt Kang is going to have much of a connection anymore which sucks since he's the reason they exist. It's like making the Thunderbolts without Baron Zemo oh wait...

When I said reboot, I was thinking about recasting too, which would fix the age issue that they created. Just starting everything from scratch. There are already rumors out there that Avengers: Secret Wars will be a sort of reboot for the MCU, so who knows? Maybe we can get a new universe where the Young Avengers still get to interact with Steve Rogers and Tony Stark like in the comics. Sure, it would suck to lose some of the actors (I really liked Hailee Steinfeld as Kate), but I care about the YA being done right more than any individual actors, so it would be an acceptable compromise to me.

But yeah, I still stand by the animation idea too. At this point I take any good adaptation of the team.

While waiting for some/any kind of YA news I've been looking up some obscure details for the team to think about. Starting first with the queen herself, Cassie! I recently just noticed that in one of the Astonishing Ant-Man books Cassie is wearing reading glasses while doing her homework. It's during the "Scott Lang is a deadbeat father arc" I believe it's the only time I have ever seen her with glasses on. It's nothing major but a interesting detail. I think they make her look more mature at the time...before she goes into f-bomb mode in Worldhive.

20231023_150537.jpg

While waiting for some/any kind of YA news I've been looking up some obscure details for the team to think about. Starting first with the queen herself, Cassie! I recently just noticed that in one of the Astonishing Ant-Man books Cassie is wearing reading glasses while doing her homework. It's during the "Scott Lang is a deadbeat father arc" I believe it's the only time I have ever seen her with glasses on. It's nothing major but a interesting detail. I think they make her look more mature at the time...before she goes into f-bomb mode in Worldhive.

20231023_150537.jpg
    I like the hair braid.

She wore that a lot in that series. Astonishing Ant-Man by Nick Spencer, 2015.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

20231023_150537.jpg
    Can't wait for Cassie to suddenly "dye" her hair brown to match the MCU version for "reasons"
    >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like the hair braid.
    It was nice for her to have it for awhile. Along with the glasses she looks like a maturing person.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Can't wait for Cassie to suddenly "dye" her hair brown to match the MCU version for "reasons"
    >.>
    Nooooo! Don't say that! That is one of the MCU's biggest sins right now. I can't believe they put her in that brunette wig. She must keep her blonde hair! Brown hair would be too similar to Janet and Nadia! The only thing I want from synergy are those Chuck Taylors.

It was nice for her to have it for awhile. Along with the glasses she looks like a maturing person.

Nooooo! Don't say that! That is one of the MCU's biggest sins right now. I can't believe they put her in that brunette wig. She must keep her blonde hair! Brown hair would be too similar to Janet and Nadia! The only thing I want from synergy are those Chuck Taylors.
    She'd be so unrecognizable in the comics.

I wouldn't worry about that. I can only think of one character that's happened to - Jessica Jones, whose hair colour changed from brown to black to match Kristen Ritter in her TV series. They didn't give Hulk grey hair when his actor Mark Ruffalo started going grey. DC gave Aquaman long hair and a beard to match his actor Jason Mamoa, but didn't darken his blonde locks. Barry Allen wasn't turned into a brunette either, he's still blonde, when both of his actors (Grant Gustin and Ezra Miller) aren't.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-02-2023 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wouldn't worry about that. I can only think of one character that's happened to - Jessica Jones, whose hair colour changed from brown to black to match Kristen Ritter in her TV series. They didn't give Hulk grey hair when his actor Mark Ruffalo started going grey. DC gave Aquaman long hair and a beard to match his actor Jason Mamoa, but didn't darken his blonde locks. Barry Allen wasn't turned into a brunette either, he's still blonde, when both of his actors (Grant Gustin and Ezra Miller) aren't.
    Yeah, but those are all bigger characters then Cassie...I mean bigger in name and recognition, not size wise. They wouldn't make changes like that for Hulk, Aquaman, and Barry Allen because they are big established names. Cassie is still not a established enough character for that safety much like Jessica Jones isn't. I mean look at what they've done to Hank Pym recently or Agatha Harkness. I'll cry myself to sleep if they make Cassie a brunette. I'm already iffy on the "science whiz" angle she has in the movies. True that she's a Pym Lab intern in the comics now but I preferred she was still the regular street kid with the bad teenage temper and family issues.