Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I just checked and Vision is in fact at the second wedding. He's waaaaay in the back with Wanda. Like hunting for Waldo in a sea of heroes. And of course he says nothing to Billy or Tommy. The deadbeat android :P
    Synthezoid
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Hmm... Wicaan vs Sylvie Luston... hmm....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    See, I'm fine with the notion that he might feel uncomfortable around them. It's not unrealistic or anything. But if that's the case, then I would at least like a recognition of this fact in a story, you know? Like how in James Robinson's Scarlet Witch series, Wanda actually laid out her feelings on her reincarnated children and why she was distant from them. That made sense. Vision doesn't even have that. He just tried to replace them with a new family, and we never got to see them even talking about the emotional baggage behind a decision like that.

Anthony Oliveira actually had the right idea when he wrote Tommy as someone with abandonment issues in Paradox Lost, but I wish we could see the other side of that story with Viz too.
    I would love if a meeting finally occurred and was kind of messy, with Vision admitting the very human failing of feeling like an imposter in their lives, since he was never able to actually *be* a father to them, for various reasons, and like he'd be an unwelcome meddler showing up and acting dad-like at this late stage. It was just easier for him to keep *not* being a part of their lives, than try to explain why he'd not been there for as long as he had.

And that his entire decision to build his own family was unresolved parental abandonment issues, like those guys who leave their first wife and kid(s) and try to build a perfect life with a new wife and kids and sort of go overboard trying to pretend they are the perfect dad, while strenuously avoiding dealing with their past failures at that. Something messy and human and completely funky for an android (with a messy relationship with his own robot dad!) and his spiritual step-children.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I've always headcanon'd that Wanda and Vision have a cordial but distant relationship with Billy and Tommy, something that Billy is fine with given he has Jeff and Rebecca as parents, but Tommy probably has issues with given his upbringing. I imagine Tommy as trying to have relationships wherever he can and preserve them, as we saw when the YA disbanded after Cassie died and he tried to keep them together, or even in Paradox Lost with spirit Tommy longing for a perfect family to love him and actual Tommy taking care of Pandemonium of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would love if a meeting finally occurred and was kind of messy, with Vision admitting the very human failing of feeling like an imposter in their lives, since he was never able to actually *be* a father to them, for various reasons, and like he'd be an unwelcome meddler showing up and acting dad-like at this late stage. It was just easier for him to keep *not* being a part of their lives, than try to explain why he'd not been there for as long as he had.

And that his entire decision to build his own family was unresolved parental abandonment issues, like those guys who leave their first wife and kid(s) and try to build a perfect life with a new wife and kids and sort of go overboard trying to pretend they are the perfect dad, while strenuously avoiding dealing with their past failures at that. Something messy and human and completely funky for an android (with a messy relationship with his own robot dad!) and his spiritual step-children.
    Look how creating that new family backfired too. His wife, Virginia, ended up killing Victor Mancha, Vision's brother (of course, Victor is a synthezoid too, so he got better in Rowell's Runaways), after Victor accidentally killed Vision's son Vin. Virginia then commits suicide by drinking something which destroyed her internal workings. That just left Viv, who decided to become a superhero like her Dad, only for her to seemingly die twice. The first time, his response to the grief was to build a new Viv. But the original Viv wasn't dead, she'd been turned human by High Evolutionary and trying to get home, got digitised. She made it back, and downloaded herself into the replacement body, the human form becoming an image inducer, though that wasn't revealed at the time. During Outlawed, she was seemingly destroyed, but was faking it, grassing on her teammates to CRADLE while disguised in her human form. Poor Vision, along with the Champions, believed her to be dead.

In the new Avengers run, it looks like Wanda and Vision will be back together. That means Wanda, who just recently said she can't replace Virginia, will have to take on the stepmother role. Will that also mean Vision reconnects with Billy and Tommy, their shared kids?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

The writer of the upcoming new Loki series did an interview and mentioned that Loki's going to be running into "a Young Avenger or two." That + one of the sneak peaks/solicits mentioning Loki being in Kree space makes me think we'll be getting a guest appearance from Billy and Teddy.

Byron: It will be interesting to see Loki doing battle with heroes and villains all around every part of the Marvel U. Where has Loki NOT been, even through time! Any chance of getting a mention of a guest star or two that might be hitting your pages?

Dan Watters: I guess it’s not giving too much away to say we’ll be checking in with a Young Avenger or two, and some villains on Midgard who I don’t think anyone would expect to go up against Loki. Alas, if you will accidentally unleash very dangerous godly weapons into the universe, you’ve got to expect at least one or two to fall into the hands of some very scary and psychotic costumed humans. Especially if you’re the God of Stories and so stories insist on keeping on happening to you and around you.
    https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfi...DFN04252328160

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    The writer of the upcoming new Loki series did an interview and mentioned that Loki's going to be running into "a Young Avenger or two." That + one of the sneak peaks/solicits mentioning Loki being in Kree space makes me think we'll be getting a guest appearance from Billy and Teddy.

That at least entails a possible Hulkling, Wiccan, America Chavez, and Prodigy future appearance. Maybe Kate? It's tough being a YA fan begging for scraps.

Amazing Member

Speaking of scraps, at what point do the cons of a Eli's backstory outweigh the pros? After a decade of not having any real character development, no significant appearance outside of cameos, getting replaced by a different character, being largely forgotten by the fandom, at what point do you just say, "screw it, he's Gabe Jones' grandson?"

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post

Always nice to hear Loki is staying in touch with the YA from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by king kazma View Post
    Speaking of scraps, at what point do the cons of a Eli's backstory outweigh the pros? After a decade of not having any real character development, no significant appearance outside of cameos, getting replaced by a different character, being largely forgotten by the fandom, at what point do you just say, "screw it, he's Gabe Jones' grandson?"
    If they were going to retcon him so hard to the point where he almost becomes a new character, they might as well have kept using Rayshaun Lucas. In reality, I suspect Marvel Comics is just waiting to see what Marvel Studios does with the character. If they actually manage to turn him into a relevant character in the MCU, then they have a reason to bring him back ''for real'' in the comics. If not, well... I guess not much will change. That's probably true for the Young Avengers brand as a whole. Notice how America and Kate only got solo books recently close to when they made their MCU debut. That's the state of comics these days. Media synergy controls everything.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-26-2023 at 06:21 PM.

Always nice to hear Loki is staying in touch with the YA from time to time.

If they were going to retcon him so hard to the point where he almost becomes a new character, they might as well have kept using Rayshaun Lucas. In reality, I suspect Marvel Comics is just waiting to see what Marvel Studios does with the character. If they actually manage to turn him into a relevant character in the MCU, then they have a reason to bring him back ''for real'' in the comics. If not, well... I guess not much will change. That's probably true for the Young Avengers brand as a whole. Notice how America and Kate only got solo books recently close to when they made their MCU debut. That's the state of comics these days. Media synergy controls everything.
    Well thankfully Kate and America were already pretty popular before their MCU debuts so they haven't fallen into total limbo like some of the others like poor Eli. Media synergy hasn't really helped Cassie yet after her one appearance in the Ant-Man Anniversary, (or Scott) I was kind of hoping Iron Lad would resurface after all this Kang attention, but there's still time. And of course there is Tommy who gets left in the cold. I had really hoped that the Young Avengers mini was leading to their return. I feel cheated and led astray, constantly going online looking for any kind of news. And with the MCU pushing back projects I'm losing faith in a YA return

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king kazma View Post
    I mean if they were being smart do a graphic novel based on him and the others.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/ScarletWitchUpd/...09774319951875

Well, I guess we can put this one to rest.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I wonder how they will address this. Being Billy Kaplin doesnt necessarily mean being Billy Maximoff, the MCU could change things completely.

It's not who I wanted casting, but can't deny it any longer.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I will deny until. The project is in my face.

https://twitter.com/ScarletWitchUpd/...09774319951875

Well, I guess we can put this one to rest.
    Good! This means the MCU is in fact planning for Billy/Wiccan to be in it. When does this show come out again?