Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Considering how sparsely they've been adapting the Young Avengers in the MCU, I don't think any of them strikes as a leader right now. It's hard to tell what kind of dynamics the team could even have when they haven't crossed paths with each other outside of their own standalone productions.
    Yeah, Kate may not seem the perfect leader, but the snippets we've seen of Billy and Tommy, Eli and Cassie, even less. (Although Cassie will get more focus on the 3rd Ant-Man movie.)

I wouldn't really listen to random Twitter scoops like that about a project that doesn't even have a script yet.
    DoV is correct.
    That, and many other twitter accounts that fancy themselves MCU news bastions, is bogus.

I don't normally follow twitter, too negative for my taste, so I usually don't know what's going on there. But still Kate Bishop right now I would say is the logical choice for a YA leader if they don't do Iron Lad. And they should do Iron Lad because he's such a fascinating character and one of the best Kang variants. It would be a huge missed opportunity not to do a good version Nathaniel Richards.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I don't normally follow twitter, too negative for my taste, so I usually don't know what's going on there. But still Kate Bishop right now I would say is the logical choice for a YA leader if they don't do Iron Lad. And they should do Iron Lad because he's such a fascinating character and one of the best Kang variants. It would be a huge missed opportunity not to do a good version Nathaniel Richards.
    Yeah, sometimes I see people saying Iron Lad is not necessary for the MCU and I'm just like... why? Kang is right there. Why wouldn't they adapt the very interesting conflict of a young Nathaniel trying to stop himself from becoming a villain? Adapting the Young Avengers while Kang is around and NOT doing it seems like the weird choice for me. I feel like the characters who might not make the cut to MCU Young Avengers are Jonas, Prodigy and Marvel Boy. Everyone else is already introduced in the MCU or has every reason to be there.

As for the team having a leader... I don't think they necessarily need an official one. Like, with the Avengers, I don't think they've ever appointed one character as the leader in that universe. The audience probably felt like Tony and/or Steve were the leaders due to their status as pillars of the MCU, but I don't think the movies themselves established that. So maybe with the YA it will be the same thing; we will have some characters who feel like the backbone of the team due to how prominent they are, but they won't necessarily elect an official leader. I'm ok with that.

While on the topic of Iron Lad, anyone remember that time he went into the Time Stream to kill Kang only to meet the "future" versions of the Young Avengers? Tommy had become Quicksilver, Kate was in a more traditional Hawkeye uniform, Billy was Sorcerer Supreme and Eli was Captain America married with a wife and son. That's right! Eli was a Black Captain America before Sam. Jonas and Cassie were future White Vision and Stinger. But impressive of all, Teddy ditched Hulkling and became Captain Marvel!

Ever wonder what happened to these versions of the not-so-Young Avengers? They were never seen again and they are the ones who made Iron Lad go to Children's Crusade. They obviously can't be the grownup versions of our YA because America Chavez, Prodigy, and Noh-Varr were not there. But still it's something that makes me think every now and again. Of the team only Cassie became Stinger and Jonas is long gone never to be spoken of again.

While on the topic of Iron Lad, anyone remember that time he went into the Time Stream to kill Kang only to meet the "future" versions of the Young Avengers? Tommy had become Quicksilver, Kate was in a more traditional Hawkeye uniform, Billy was Sorcerer Supreme and Eli was Captain America married with a wife and son. That's right! Eli was a Black Captain America before Sam. Jonas and Cassie were future White Vision and Stinger. But impressive of all, Teddy ditched Hulkling and became Captain Marvel!

Ever wonder what happened to these versions of the not-so-Young Avengers? They were never seen again and they are the ones who made Iron Lad go to Children's Crusade. They obviously can't be the grownup versions of our YA because America Chavez, Prodigy, and Noh-Varr were not there. But still it's something that makes me think every now and again. Of the team only Cassie became Stinger and Jonas is long gone never to be spoken of again.
    How could I forget? It was the first and only time Teddy was considered for the Captain Marvel legacy; I'll always love that issue for this reason alone. Kate having Tommy's baby. That was certainly a choice, and it makes me think if Allan had continued writing the YA, Kate/Tommy might've become a bigger couple. The random wife and child of Eli were always so funny to me. I kinda wonder if that female character was a love interest Allan planned to introduce at some point. The only thing I disliked was how Billy was another version of Doctor Strange instead of a male version of the Scarlet Witch. Like, that was not his legacy!! We barely get any male characters who take on the legacy of female characters (I'm pretty sure Wiccan is quite literally the only one in the Marvel Universe right now), so I disliked the idea that Billy would embrace Strange's legacy over Wanda's as he gets older.

As for what happened to them... probably nothing much. Just editorial limbo, like most AU versions of already established characters. They don't tend to be as popular as the 616 versions, so not many writers think about them after they serve their purpose on a certain story. I wouldn't mind if they came back one day, though.

Amazing Member

Yeah, sometimes I see people saying Iron Lad is not necessary for the MCU and I'm just like... why? Kang is right there. Why wouldn't they adapt the very interesting conflict of a young Nathaniel trying to stop himself from becoming a villain? Adapting the Young Avengers while Kang is around and NOT doing it seems like the weird choice for me.
    But how can Nathaniel Richards be Kang when he's already that random kid from Iron Man 3? Clearly that's the only logical outcome.

How could I forget? It was the first and only time Teddy was considered for the Captain Marvel legacy; I'll always love that issue for this reason alone. Kate having Tommy's baby. That was certainly a choice, and it makes me think if Allan had continued writing the YA, Kate/Tommy might've become a bigger couple. The random wife and child of Eli were always so funny to me. I kinda wonder if that female character was a love interest Allan planned to introduce at some point. The only thing I disliked was how Billy was another version of Doctor Strange instead of a male version of the Scarlet Witch. Like, that was not his legacy!! We barely get any male characters who take on the legacy of female characters (I'm pretty sure Wiccan is quite literally the only one in the Marvel Universe right now), so I disliked the idea that Billy would embrace Strange's legacy over Wanda's as he gets older.

As for what happened to them... probably nothing much. Just editorial limbo, like most AU versions of already established characters. They don't tend to be as popular as the 616 versions, so not many writers think about them after they serve their purpose on a certain story. I wouldn't mind if they came back one day, though.
    Yeah they certainly did have the YA embrace their legacy's for that issue. I always wondered why Kate/Tommy's relationship never went further after the YA's first run. And I never even considered that Eli's wife could have been a new character that might have come later down the line. If not for his weird legal situation they might have expanded on it. I think her name was Samantha? Poor Patriot gets no love. Billy fully embracing a male Scarlet Witch role would have been pretty cool, especially if he had a helmet like Wanda's. If we ever get volume 3 I wouldn't mind seeing this AU version again or even referenced. Anything to get Teddy to take on his cosmic heritage more.

Quote Originally Posted by king kazma View Post
    But how can Nathaniel Richards be Kang when he's already that random kid from Iron Man 3? Clearly that's the only logical outcome.
    LOL I don't know which I despise more. The Iron Man 3 kid being the MCU Iron Lad or Skaar taking Hulkling's place. Both are pretty infuriating to me xD

Yeah, logically Wiccan's adult identity would be Scarlet Warlock, not Sorcerer Supreme.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I recently listened to a Podcast that compared this group to the titans tomorrow team. They were promptly forgotten about until they needed an evil Bat Family member for Batman and Robin Eternal. Compared to the Titans Tomorrow we don't really know there morals but it could still work if they want an evil counterpart for certain characters but lord knows Teddy is evil in more alt universes compared to where he is good.

I wanna read the Titans Tomorrow team again, it's been awhile. It would be cool if the current Young Avengers team had a meeting with their future selves just to see what it's like. Would they be like the evil Titans team? Would make for a fascinating fight.

In other YA news! Cassie Lang joined Marvel Contest of Champions game! That is great and amazing news! I screamed while watching the trailer on Youtube! It's her Quantumania suit and they still haven't revealed her hero name yet so I'm gonna assume she doesn't have one in the movie. That said it showed her powerset so it was like a sneak preview of what she's capable of in the movie. Kang better fear her GIANT SIZE CHUCKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rffq...L&index=1&t=7s
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 02-02-2023 at 09:53 AM.

I think her name was Samantha? Poor Patriot gets no love.
    If I remember correctly, her name was Samantha Wilson and she was the Falcon; the implication being that she was related to Sam Wilson somehow. Maybe if Allan had written more YA, he would've revealed Sam had a niece or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, logically Wiccan's adult identity would be Scarlet Warlock, not Sorcerer Supreme.
    I mean, Sorcerer Supreme is just a title that anyone can get. Billy could be the Sorcerer Supreme while still being Scarlet Whatever, but the book actually made him dress like Doctor Strange, not just take the SS title. That was my main issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I recently listened to a Podcast that compared this group to the titans tomorrow team. They were promptly forgotten about until they needed an evil Bat Family member for Batman and Robin Eternal. Compared to the Titans Tomorrow we don't really know there morals but it could still work if they want an evil counterpart for certain characters but lord knows Teddy is evil in more alt universes compared to where he is good.
    I mean not really. In the majority of AUs he's shown up in its just been 'non-speaking background decoration' along with the rest of the YA. And that's just in the ones where its not an "everyone dies" grimdark AU.

Spoiler from a new Quantumania clip released on a talk show

spoilers:
    Cassie references when Yellowjacket tried to kill her as a kid and said she never had a normal life. This echoes her statement to Jessica Jones in the Young Avengers special saying that as Ant-Man's daughter she never had a normal life. It's a small thing but as a Young Avengers fan I love the subtle if not indirect nod to this.
    end of spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHf_w6mhoWY

Is it just me or it feels like the Quantumania promos seem to be highlighting Scott's relationship with Cassie more than his relationship with Hope? Like this car ad doesn't even have Hope in it:

I wonder if this might end up with Cassie upstaging the Wasp in her own film. She never really stood out that much, even with her name in the title of the franchise, and now that she might have to ''compete'' with another female lead, things might get even worse for her. To be honest, I don't care that much because I'm a Young Avengers fan first and Cassie is much more of a partner for Scott than any Wasp ever has been in the comics. I just feel bad for Wasp fans, because Marvel really fumbled the adaptation of the first female Avenger.