Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't you forgetting Northstar and his twin sister Aurora?

And Surge ISN'T a speedster, she has electrical powers. DC's Surge, Jai West, is a speedster, did you confuse them?
    Surge, the mutant Noriko Ashida, is a speedster as well. She can channel the static electricity she regularly absorbs into bursts of super speed.
    Last edited by Fokken; 02-08-2023 at 10:07 AM.

Oh, she's definitely Stature. There's a new Build a Figure line. Collect all the different characters (Kang, Ant-Man, Wasp, Ultron, the Future Ant-Man from Al Ewing's recent Ant-Man mini, Egghead and Crossfire), and you can build a giant Cassie.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CoXmf2osRnd/
    It has been one of my dreams to one day own a giant Cassie/Stature figure! This was a Marvel dream I never thought would come true until this moment. I love the look and size of that figure. I wish I could just buy her altogether and then paint her hair blonde. Still I'm so overjoyed Cassie has merch and with those converse chucks to boot, pardon the pun. Purple Stature has arrived

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, she's definitely Stature. There's a new Build a Figure line. Collect all the different characters (Kang, Ant-Man, Wasp, Ultron, the Future Ant-Man from Al Ewing's recent Ant-Man mini, Egghead and Crossfire), and you can build a giant Cassie.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CoXmf2osRnd/
    I don't think this confirms anything about her codename in the movie because, as far as I can tell, she's still being labelled as simply ''Cassie Lang'' in the product. We've already seen footage of her shrinking and growing in size for the movie and promotional material, so it's not like they're just showing her doing one thing. They still can come up with any name later on.

You know, I kinda want Teddy to meet his father even though he's one of those characters who stays dead (doesn't stop people from literally digging up his grave so many times that they just stop bothering to rebury him). Like, his real father and not a Skrull, a clone, a robot, a hologram, an illusion, a...

But given how comics go when he does meet his father for real he'll probably be evil.

Extraordinary Member

Probably not a popular opinion...but...I don't think we will see the Young Avengers as a team in the MCU. The fact is with the age of many or the actors/actresses they will be well beyond the age of their introductions in the comics. Kate and Cassie are both already shown to be in their 20s. Eli in F&TWS was late teens...and will probably be in his 20s when he next appears. Billy and Tommy may just be used as side characters for a while as some MacGuffin for magic based shows with no real development beyond that. Not sure how Teddy will come in unless the flip his mom to his dad as MarVell is female in the MCU.

In some ways it seems to me that they are just being set up to be replacements for the older characters so we will see them in the future as just Avengers with the YA never being a formal thing.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

Aren't you forgetting Northstar and his twin sister Aurora?

And Surge ISN'T a speedster, she has electrical powers. DC's Surge, Jai West, is a speedster, did you confuse them?
    Oh, I did forget Northstar and Aurora, but I don't think of them as traditional speedsters, since they don't run around everywhere like Quicksilver or the Flash!

Surge, while being portrayed as little more than a hot-tempered lightning-chucker for months at a time, could in fact run super-fast, the writers just had her do it very rarely and it was easy to forget. (I read like a year of New X-Men and had no idea until I read it on the wiki!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Probably not a popular opinion...but...I don't think we will see the Young Avengers as a team in the MCU. The fact is with the age of many or the actors/actresses they will be well beyond the age of their introductions in the comics. Kate and Cassie are both already shown to be in their 20s. Eli in F&TWS was late teens...and will probably be in his 20s when he next appears. Billy and Tommy may just be used as side characters for a while as some MacGuffin for magic based shows with no real development beyond that. Not sure how Teddy will come in unless the flip his mom to his dad as MarVell is female in the MCU.

In some ways it seems to me that they are just being set up to be replacements for the older characters so we will see them in the future as just Avengers with the YA never being a formal thing.
    Mar-Vell also died in the 90s, so the simplest solution is to make Teddy her grandson. Genis can be his Dad.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

From a recent interview with Stephen Broussard, producer of Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania

In conversation with Inverse, Broussard initially said there are no plans for a Young Avengers project at this time. That isn’t a surprise, as we’ve heard that plenty of times before. Thankfully, that was followed with a surprisingly hopeful sentiment. “But a lot of Phase Four was about introducing the next generation and introducing new characters,” Broussard tells Inverse.
    It's totally possible he's just bullshitting here because he obviously can't make any official announcements during an interview for another production, but it's still terrifying to think Marvel Studios might've genuinely introduced all of those Young Avengers characters with no real plan to bring them together somehow. I like to think Kevin Feige would be smarter with this compared to the current editorial of comics and how they've been wasting the potential of the team for years now, but you never know.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    From a recent interview with Stephen Broussard, producer of Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania

It's totally possible he's just bullshitting here because he obviously can't make any official announcements during an interview for another production, but it's still terrifying to think Marvel Studios might've genuinely introduced all of those Young Avengers characters with no real plan to bring them together somehow. I like to think Kevin Feige would be smarter with this compared to the current editorial of comics and how they've been wasting the potential of the team for years now, but you never know.
    Yeah, it's annoying as a fan to see Cassie, Billy, Tommy and Eli (and America and even a Kid Loki!) introduced, without any real indication of a plan to bring them together as the Young Avengers.

Plus no Teddy, which makes me want to riot. (Although the Marvels seems like the perfect place to introduce him.)

Then again, hype too soon, turning to resentment as months turn into years, is worse than hype too late I guess.

I wonder if this might end up with Cassie upstaging the Wasp in her own film. She never really stood out that much, even with her name in the title of the franchise, and now that she might have to ''compete'' with another female lead, things might get even worse for her. To be honest, I don't care that much because I'm a Young Avengers fan first and Cassie is much more of a partner for Scott than any Wasp ever has been in the comics. I just feel bad for Wasp fans, because Marvel really fumbled the adaptation of the first female Avenger.
    The early reactions stated even Michelle Pfeiffer upstages Evangeline Lilly, so Hope will probably fall into obscurity down the line.

They overcomplicated the Wasp mantle in the MCU for no reason.

That sucks, but at the same time would explain the age differences. It's too bad the MCU didn't take advantage of a young/teenage hero team. I guess this is one area the revived DCU can get the one-up on the MCU if they play their cards right. Still it sucks because they have all the Young Avengers material right there. The only reason I'm even still following the MCU at this point is for the Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The early reactions stated even Michelle Pfeiffer upstages Evangeline Lilly, so Hope will probably fall into obscurity down the line.

Again? Not that I'm surprised, but still .

Extraordinary Member

This is the thing that annoyed me the most. Don;t get me wrong I enjoy the movies...but they should have started with Hank and Jan in Phase 1 and evolved them like in the comics with a hand off of Ant-Man to Scott in 3rd movie.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Blame Edgar Wright, who can't write women well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is the thing that annoyed me the most. Don;t get me wrong I enjoy the movies...but they should have started with Hank and Jan in Phase 1 and evolved them like in the comics with a hand off of Ant-Man to Scott in 3rd movie.
    Joss Whedon claimed that he wanted to use Janet as the founding female Avenger (either instead of, or in addition to, Black Widow), but was told she was off-limits because Edgar Wright was using her in his Ant-Man pitch, but he had too much other stuff going on and it was handed off to Peyton Reed, who said that Wright's Ant-Man pitch *didn't even have Janet in it,* so it was just some miscommunication nonsense.

Just annoying all around, to lose out on Janet as a founding Avenger because of people not knowing what was going on with an Ant-Man project that fell through anyway and was handed off to another director, *three years* after Avengers was already out...

On the other hand, I don't recall Whedon mentioning any plans for Hank to be a founding Avenger at all.

Anywho, we eventually got Hank and Janet, as well as Cassie and Scott, and even Bill Foster!

And if there's a YA series with Cassie, Kate, the twins, etc. so much the better!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-13-2023 at 02:40 AM.