Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

The way writers have Billy refusing to speak David’s name by anything less than his work name feeds my headcanon theirs unspoken beef lmao

Looks like Cassie doesn't have a codename in Quantumania:

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Underappreciated flirty exchange between Emperor & Consort, from Marvel’s Voices: Pride #1, 2022

This really does kind of emphasize that they're just a young couple suddenly foisted into being a royal couple.

If the comics really want synergy after Quantumania then they'll have Stinger wear chucks sneakers from now on as part of her costume. Could you imagine in the middle of battle, Kate stops to ask about Cassie's shoes? It will then be a requirement for all Young Avengers to have them in a volume 3 run. That is my goal, to get them all in chucks of various different colors. Do it Marvel! Dooooo it

And truthfully I'm not expecting Cassie to get her official hero name in Quantumania either, since this will be her first outing and likely to busy trying to stay alive then think of a name. That and I think they are going to try and keep us guessing on Stature/Stinger. I believe she'll be named Stinger but a fusion of the two in action.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    And truthfully I'm not expecting Cassie to get her official hero name in Quantumania either, since this will be her first outing and likely to busy trying to stay alive then think of a name. That and I think they are going to try and keep us guessing on Stature/Stinger. I believe she'll be named Stinger but a fusion of the two in action.
    Even if they don't, I'd expect at some point in the movie they'll say the words 'stature' and / or 'stinger' just to whet our appetites. Scott will mention something about a girl of her stature, or she'll refer to the wrist-blasters on Hope's suit as 'stingers.' Marvel likes to toy with us.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm annoyed at Cassie not having a codename for the promotional material for Quantumania, 'cause they didn't shy away from calling Riri Ironheart on the promotional material for Wakanda Forever even though she never got her codename in the movie, so I wish Cassie could've gotten the same treatment just for the sake of already getting audiences used to her superhero persona.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    It’s been ten years since the last series. Time for another one! I would love to see Rainbow Rowell take on these characters.
    Damn, you're right. A decade since Gillen's Young Avengers. Crazy how time flies. Even crazier we never got another Young Avengers ongoing after that. Marvel really did the team dirty by not publishing more stories of them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Even if they don't, I'd expect at some point in the movie they'll say the words 'stature' and / or 'stinger' just to whet our appetites. Scott will mention something about a girl of her stature, or she'll refer to the wrist-blasters on Hope's suit as 'stingers.' Marvel likes to toy with us.
    Lol I can see Scott saying something like that with his lighthearted jokey nature. Would be a fun nod and indeed toy with us over her codename. I'm certain she'll be Stinger due to her purple suit, but they can still make the Stature joke. I also want a Power Ranger style roll call with the Ant-Family. Even better if they give Hank and Janet colored Pym suits too. Do it Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm annoyed at Cassie not having a codename for the promotional material for Quantumania, 'cause they didn't shy away from calling Riri Ironheart on the promotional material for Wakanda Forever even though she never got her codename in the movie, so I wish Cassie could've gotten the same treatment just for the sake of already getting audiences used to her superhero persona.

Damn, you're right. A decade since Gillen's Young Avengers. Crazy how time flies. Even crazier we never got another Young Avengers ongoing after that. Marvel really did the team dirty by not publishing more stories of them together.
    It sucks. I mean it's not like the members appear that much in regular stories these days. Not even a reunion special and I don't recall them going to be involved in that "Outlawed" event that happened a few years back with the younger superhero community. Though I think most of them are over eighteen now.

Whilst on a Billy/Teddy art dig through the internet, I came across one of my favorite artists, Aud Koch, and this absolutely stunning piece they did with some gorgeous design work and I'm fully awe struck by the aesthetic choices for Billy. I would 100% support his adopting this high-fantasy-magical-space-prince-vibe and I just wish I could see all it in full so I could fanart the ever living **** out of it. So beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Whilst on a Billy/Teddy art dig through the internet, I came across one of my favorite artists, Aud Koch, and this absolutely stunning piece they did with some gorgeous design work and I'm fully awe struck by the aesthetic choices for Billy. I would 100% support his adopting this high-fantasy-magical-space-prince-vibe and I just wish I could see all it in full so I could fanart the ever living **** out of it. So beautiful

This is beautiful .

So I was reading the Dan Slott Mighty Avengers run (Because it has Cassie and Young Avengers in it) it's a run that doesn't get a lot of talk, but deserves more. It had Cassie/Stature in it! But through it I learned that Quicksilver has a Inhuman daughter, Luna. I didn't know that. So I was wondering has she had any interaction with Billy and Tommy? She's their Inhuman cousin so part of their family tree. Just curious.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

To the shock of no one, the new Guardians Of The Galaxy book focuses on the MCU characters, which means that Billy, Teddy and Noh-Varr are nowhere to be seen. I'm not surprised. I even predicted this would be the case when they teased the new book last year.

So I was reading the Dan Slott Mighty Avengers run (Because it has Cassie and Young Avengers in it) it's a run that doesn't get a lot of talk, but deserves more. It had Cassie/Stature in it! But through it I learned that Quicksilver has a Inhuman daughter, Luna. I didn't know that. So I was wondering has she had any interaction with Billy and Tommy? She's their Inhuman cousin so part of their family tree. Just curious.
    I don't think she's ever had any direct interactions with them, no. I mean, Billy and Tommy barely interact with Wanda and Vision, so it's not like they've had much opportunity to have meaningful interactions with their extended spiritual family.

The recent Scarlet Witch book actually has Wanda asking Pietro about Luna and given that Orlando run seems to be focused around Wanda's extended family (Viv will be in issue 2 and Lorna in issue 3) I'd say it's a given ones featuring Billy and Tommy are also coming, the series might culminate in one big family reunion.

To my knowledge they have never interacted on panel as of yet.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

To the shock of no one, the new Guardians Of The Galaxy book focuses on the MCU characters, which means that Billy, Teddy and Noh-Varr are nowhere to be seen. I'm not surprised. I even predicted this would be the case when they teased the new book last year.

I don't think she's ever had any direct interactions with them, no. I mean, Billy and Tommy barely interact with Wanda and Vision, so it's not like they've had much opportunity to have meaningful interactions with their extended spiritual family.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    To my knowledge they have never interacted on panel as of yet.
    That's too bad. Billy and Tommy should really get to know their extended family. And Tommy just needs more appearances altogether. I'd like to see a Tommy and Luna friendship, since he resembles her father...in terms of looks and powers anyway.

The difference is that Riri already had a show announced, which is named after her codename. We don't know what's next for Cassie after Quantumania.

It sucks. I mean it's not like the members appear that much in regular stories these days. Not even a reunion special and I don't recall them going to be involved in that "Outlawed" event that happened a few years back with the younger superhero community. Though I think most of them are over eighteen now.
    Outlawed affected everyone under 21, so the Young Avengers should've been impacted. I believe there may have been more books other than New Warriors that got cancelled - we just never heard of them because they were due out after May and thus never solicited. There's a teaser art piece which has quite a few characters on it who weren't involved in the event. Don't forget, Outlawed started in March 2020, and was interrupted for six months due to COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    It’s been ten years since the last series. Time for another one! I would love to see Rainbow Rowell take on these characters.
    Good suggestion, she was good on Runaways.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

As long as Ewing is writing cosmic X-Men, I'm sure he'll fit them in somewhere .