Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as Ewing is writing cosmic X-Men, I'm sure he'll fit them in somewhere .
    That doesn't excite me, honestly. I love Ewing but he barely gave Billy and Teddy anything substantial on GOTG, a team they were supposedly a part of. So I don't expect anything relevant for them in X-Men, of all places. Not to sound like a broken record, but we really need a new Young Avengers book. It's really the only thing that I think would save us from this drought of content.

If we all wish it, maybe the new Young Avengers book will happen! I'm game for anything to happen. I want my team back.

I think I heard that Kate Bishop and America Chavez are going to be in a Marvel's Women special or something in March.

Recent MCU rumors from Reddit:

- Agatha: Coven Of Chaos might be delayed to 2025 so Daredevil: Born Again can come out before. That would honestly piss me off. I'm becoming a Daredevil hater if this is true. His blind ass should've stayed on Netflix instead of delaying Billy's debut in the MCU! There, I said it.

- Vision Quest will introduce Viv Vision and set up the Young Avengers. If there is any truth to that, I really get the feeling Viv would probably just replace Jonas on the team, which I guess it's not the worst thing in the world. I do feel sad for Jonas, though, because it was his one shot at being relevant again, since he may never come back in the comics. I wonder if they would do the Cassie/Jonas relationship, but with Viv instead.

- America would be on a Strange Academy-inspired, Wong-centric show. That sounds lame, honestly. I really thought they would let her move on, but if this is true, they might wanna keep her in this sorcerer's apprentice type of role, which is SO not America. Free my girl from those middle aged men! Let her explore the Multiverse with her friends!

Also, new Quantumania trailer is out:

I really hope Cassie gets more to do in this movie than just being a damsel in distress like all the trailers seem to imply. That one moment with her leaping in front of an explosion was cool. Let's have more of that, please!

Viv's gay, so that works on her part, but isn't Cassie one of few heterosexual Young Avengers? (Hawkeye, Patriot, Jonas and Iron Lad being the others - Kate was the only non-queer on the 2013 team). If MCU Cassie ends up being queer then the comics would probably follow suit.

Also, if Viv enters the MCU, I assume she'll have the image inducer she later acquired in the comics, as it'll save the young actress having to have that Vision makeup all the time like Paul Bettany had to (Viv's human form also has brown skin, so she could feasibly replace Patriot and America as a diversity quota filler for ethnicity). Speaking of Viv, she could replace Iron Lad as well as Jonas - namely, his role in recruiting the other team members. As the daughter of the Vision she ought to have all his knowledge about the Avengers, and possible successors.

If they wanted a sorcerer's apprentice character, yeah, America shouldn't have been it. She's a sci-fi character, not a magic one. I'd have suggested they use Emily Bright (from Strange Academy) instead, but for two issues - one, her comics debut was probably too late, so she didn't exist when they decided to use America. And two, she's face-heel turned and is actually an antagonist in the Finals mini.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

- Agatha: Coven Of Chaos might be delayed to 2025 so Daredevil: Born Again can come out before. That would honestly piss me off. I'm becoming a Daredevil hater if this is true. His blind ass should've stayed on Netflix instead of delaying Billy's debut in the MCU! There, I said it.

- Vision Quest will introduce Viv Vision and set up the Young Avengers. If there is any truth to that, I really get the feeling Viv would probably just replace Jonas on the team, which I guess it's not the worst thing in the world. I do feel sad for Jonas, though, because it was his one shot at being relevant again, since he may never come back in the comics. I wonder if they would do the Cassie/Jonas relationship, but with Viv instead.

- America would be on a Strange Academy-inspired, Wong-centric show. That sounds lame, honestly. I really thought they would let her move on, but if this is true, they might wanna keep her in this sorcerer's apprentice type of role, which is SO not America. Free my girl from those middle aged men! Let her explore the Multiverse with her friends!

I really hope Cassie gets more to do in this movie than just being a damsel in distress like all the trailers seem to imply. That one moment with her leaping in front of an explosion was cool. Let's have more of that, please!
    No disrespect to the actress or any of the people involved in shaping the MCU America Chavez character, but she is America Chavez, only in name. The character in the movie had NO teeth.

Extraordinary Member

I mean she is there to fill the role of the "little sis" archtype for Stephen Strange, and then the movie cannot even show a proper flashback of Donna Strange.
    Like they want to create some emotional anchors for Dr.Strange and always just chickens out.
    And MAC is just kinda stuck at this point.

I just woke up so I need to read these correct. I'm bummed if that's true about America Chavez. I want her with the Young Avengers, she's one of their most powerful members, not to mention I adore her personality with the team. I want her on the team. I hope this rumor is false. She's not even really magic based. She's more of a dimension hopping powerhouse.

Viv starting the Young Avengers and replacing Jonas is sad...but seems likely to happen. Jonas is in a weird spot since they already have a Vision so making a new one might be confusing and Viv seems like a easier way to do it. I'm more bummed because of the Cassie/Nathanial/Jonas shenannigans.

And finally the trailer. The Quantumania trailer was amazing. I'm of the belief they didn't show Cassie's powers yet and are keeping it a secret for the movie itself. I'm hoping for that. I want to see her grow and destroy baddies in those chucks sneakers! Don't let my girl down, Marvel!

Edit: Also I love the expression on Cassie's face when she's leaving jail. I seriously hope as she's leaving she says "See ya next week, Tommy."
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 01-10-2023 at 07:19 AM.

Incredible Member

Considering her interactions with Kang I highly Cassie will end up in a relationship with Iron Lad, but not every character needs a love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    No disrespect to the actress or any of the people involved in shaping the MCU America Chavez character, but she is America Chavez, only in name. The character in the movie had NO teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean she is there to fill the role of the "little sis" archtype for Stephen Strange, and then the movie cannot even show a proper flashback of Donna Strange.
    Like they want to create some emotional anchors for Dr.Strange and always just chickens out.
    And MAC is just kinda stuck at this point.
    Aging her down has proven to be such a mistake, because it really seems like they now want to water the character down so she can be as innocent and inexperienced as one would expect from such a young person. It's specially weird when all the other Young Avengers seem to be moving pretty fast into being the heroes they are in the comics, but they somehow decided America should be three steps behind of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Considering her interactions with Kang I highly Cassie will end up in a relationship with Iron Lad, but not every character needs a love interest.
    There's a lot of potential for awkward dynamic within the MCU Young Avengers, when you stop to think about it.

Cassie and Nate after Kang takes her hostage (and who knows what other things he might do in Quantumania).

America and Billy/Tommy after Wanda unleashed hell on her to steal her powers and almost killed her in the process.

Kate and Kid Loki after an older version of him was responsible for her father's death.

I hope we get all these members working together at some point just so we can get some juicy conflict out of it. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-11-2023 at 01:25 AM.

There's a lot of potential for awkward dynamic within the MCU Young Avengers, when you stop to think about it.

Cassie and Nate after Kang takes her hostage (and who knows what other things he might do in Quantumania).

America and Billy/Tommy after Wanda unleashed hell on her to steal her powers and almost killed her in the process.

Kate and Kid Loki after an older version of him was responsible for her father's death.

I hope we get all these members working together at some point just so we can get some juicy conflict out of it. lol
    Yes! This is the kind of awkward interactions/dynamics that I would eat up in a MCU Young Avengers. Having to work through these issues. It just writes itself. Marvel has a great thing right here, I hope they deliver. Now they have to give me Nate/Iron Lad so it can traumatize poor Cassie. So much character development can come from it.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 01-11-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Why are you sure the MCU will have Iron Lad?
    This isn’t like the comics where Kang was already established supervillain for 40 years before they gave the twist with Iron Lad. We’re just now getting Kang. Plus we have Ironheart in the MCU already.

Extraordinary Member

I think they aged Cassie up a little too much in that Infinity series. Last I knew she was 16. 15 at the start of the Ant Man in Miami series and then a birthday when Scott came back to Earth via the microverse in Ant Man and The Wasp series with Nadia. This had her in NYC and looking like she had a champagne glass so that would age her up at least 5 years to 21.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah, in that Ant-Man and the Wasp mini between the two Unstoppable Wasp volumes, Scott said that Cassie and Nadia were the same age, which is 16. It became a plot point in that second Unstoppable Wasp volume too, as while Nadia had been helping Scott get home for Cassie's birthday, it turned out Nadia doesn't know when her own is - prompting Viv to organise a party which the Young Avengers attended (along with the Champions), Cassie herself being Scott's present to Nadia, a new friend her own age. Cassie definitely shouldn't be 21, that would age up all the members of both teen teams as well. If they want to show her drinking, it should either be at home (where there's no age limit) or in Britain, where the age limit is lower (it's 18, so much easier for a 16 year old to lie about her age and order an alcoholic drink).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

New promotional image for Quantumania, hinting at Cassie using her size-changing abilities to grow giant!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why are you sure the MCU will have Iron Lad?
    This isn’t like the comics where Kang was already established supervillain for 40 years before they gave the twist with Iron Lad. We’re just now getting Kang. Plus we have Ironheart in the MCU already.
    Well, why are you sure it won't? They're adapting Kang. They're adapting most of the Young Avengers. They're exploring the multiverse and the concept of variants. It's not that hard to piece two and two together. It could happen. Maybe it won't, but it could.

As for how things were paced in the comics... that doesn't really matter in the MCU. Things happen a lot faster in that universe. They're not gonna wait years to introduce Wiccan and Speed just because it took years for the kids to reincarnate in the comics either. They are supposedly already doing it on the Agatha show. The MCU is a big mash-up of older and modern comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think they aged Cassie up a little too much in that Infinity series. Last I knew she was 16. 15 at the start of the Ant Man in Miami series and then a birthday when Scott came back to Earth via the microverse in Ant Man and The Wasp series with Nadia. This had her in NYC and looking like she had a champagne glass so that would age her up at least 5 years to 21.
    I don't think a glass means anything. She could've been drinking sparkling cider or something non-alcoholic. Or she could just be underage drinking; it's not like it doesn't happen. I do think the art made her look more mature, though.

New promotional image for Quantumania, hinting at Cassie using her size-changing abilities to grow giant!

Well, why are you sure it won't? They're adapting Kang. They're adapting most of the Young Avengers. They're exploring the multiverse and the concept of variants. It's not that hard to piece two and two together. It could happen. Maybe it won't, but it could.

As for how things were paced in the comics... that doesn't really matter in the MCU. Things happen a lot faster in that universe. They're not gonna wait years to introduce Wiccan and Speed just because it took years for the kids to reincarnate in the comics either. They are supposedly already doing it on the Agatha show. The MCU is a big mash-up of older and modern comics.

I don't think a glass means anything. She could've been drinking sparkling cider or something non-alcoholic. Or she could just be underage drinking; it's not like it doesn't happen. I do think the art made her look more mature, though.
    Scott and Bill Foster better get out the "Goliath World Record", cause Cassie's about to break it. The most feared object in the Quantum realm is not a weapon or a time traveling device or whatever Kang and MODOK have. No, it's a pair of giant sized converse chucks. Bad guys better learn to fear them. If MCU Young Avengers happens I wanna see Kate take a selfie with Cassie as a giant, just to see her next to the chucks lol.

About the age, Cassie's around 15-16. She had a Birthday in Ant-Man and the Wasp comic, but in the Kate Bishop mini comic it claims she's still 15. This could be a error. And yeah she was at her most mature in the Infinity comic looking like she was 18.