Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I'll be kind of surprised if they do more with Kid Loki.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

OMG, I've been waiting for set pictures that could give us a look into Cassies's style a civilian, and we just got those pictures from the recent Quantumania reshoots in LA.

She kinda dresses in a preppy girl style that I was expecting Kate to have in the MCU. But then Kate turned out to have a more tomboy-ish, Jessica Jones-like casual style. I'm so curious to see what kind of fashion they're gonna come up for Billy, Teddy and Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll be kind of surprised if they do more with Kid Loki.
    Based on how poorly his adaptation was on Loki s1, I understand. They really took away everything that was interesting from Kid Loki and reduced him to a basic variant. But considering he was the only main Loki variant from the show (aside from Sylvie) that was kept alive, I have hope that someone can still do something good with him. Let's see how things go in season 2.

I've been envisioning for a while a post-credit scene for the Loki show where America kicks a portal through that end-of-times dimension Kid Loki was trapped on and they hint they would go on multiversal adventures together. I think that would be a much more exciting plot for MAC than being a student on Wong Academy or whatever.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-11-2023 at 09:26 PM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    OMG, I've been waiting for set pictures that could give us a look into Cassies's style a civilian, and we just got those pictures from the recent Quantumania reshoots in LA.

She kinda dresses in a preppy girl style that I was expecting Kate to have in the MCU. But then Kate turned out to have a more tomboy-ish, Jessica Jones-like casual style. I'm so curious to see what kind of fashion they're gonna come up for Billy, Teddy and Tommy.
    That wig is so heinous, it's giving M3GAN the doll LMAOOO. As for the boys fashion...

I'm guessing based on Billy's casting call, with the whole "of the moment" description + what I'm getting as the vibe of Agatha's show, he's probably gonna lean more into goth-lite/eboy-lite fashion (perhaps something close to his Deaths Head look). He doesn't really have a distinct sense of fashion in other books besides normal twink wear (hehe), so I could see Marvel wanting to give him a unique look for the MCU.

For Teddy, if that Agatha casting call turns out to be him, I'm guessing it's pretty much just gonna be jock chique LMAO. Like, golden boy star of the sports team, always wears the lettermen jacket, workout wear, etc.

Tommy, I could see him getting that eboy look if Billy doesn't, since he's the "bad boy" of the two lol. Maybbbeeee track gear to be on the nose with his powers?

Miles Gutierrez-Riley reportedly joined the cast of Agatha: Coven Of Chaos and he's the only young male actor reported to be on the show besides Joe Locke so far, so naturally, people are speculating he is playing the other gay character from the casting calls, who is potentially Teddy.

The one thing that makes me think he might not be it's the fact that he looks too much like a twink and not like the jock, buff type they were looking for in the casting call. Maybe they changed their minds on what the love interest was going to be, though.

Incredible Member

Yeah, there is no way he is playing Teddy.

That’s because their not playing Billy or Teddy & are probably just 2 random gays hopefully so I love miracles

Miles Gutierrez-Riley reportedly joined the cast of Agatha: Coven Of Chaos and he's the only young male actor reported to be on the show besides Joe Locke so far, so naturally, people are speculating he is playing the other gay character from the casting calls, who is potentially Teddy.

The one thing that makes me think he might not be it's the fact that he looks too much like a twink and not like the jock, buff type they were looking for in the casting call. Maybe they changed their minds on what the love interest was going to be, though.
    I could *maybe* see Teddy if he bulked up a lot. Besides, they seemed to have changed his sport of choice to soccer if that casting call was accurate to what they end up going with in the show, and soccer players aren't as bulky as football players are. I also wasn't exactly the biggest fan of his character or performance on The Wilds so hopefully if he is Teddy, he changes my mind. That being said, he could always just be, and I hate to say this, an OC bf of Billy's made for the MCU because they aren't ready to do Teddy yet :/. I think best case scenario, if he is Teddy, they got him on that MCU workout regimen. If not, maybe a friend of Billy's or even like I said, starter civilian bf before he meets Teddy (which I don't like, but what can you do when the MCU wants to be annoying :////)

I feel all this speculation about Teddy showing up in Agatha is similar to all those rumours about him being in Wandavision, I get the impression scoopers just saw the casting call for Tyler/Billy boyfriend and instantly assumed it must be Teddy by default when it's probably just some regular guy they added so they could easily communicate to the audience that Tyler/Billy is gay.

MCU tends to be very conservative with how it goes about adding characters and concepts in way that's easily digestible to non-comic fans, sure Billy coming in already dating a Kree/Skrull alien prince might be expected to to a fan whose already familiar with the comics but to a regular viewer it would all seem completely out of place and at odds with the rest of the shows more magical focus.

I feel Agatha going to be more occupied simply explaining to audiences how Wanda's kids are even alive again.

Still think he's going to debut in Secret Invasion, even if it's something minor like Eli, as it fits more naturally and require a lot less exposition.

I'm already seeing some social media reports about him joining the cast mentioning Hulkling, and I just wish people were more responsible about this, 'cause I'm getting flashbacks to WandaVision and how they did the same thing with that actor who turned out to be some random extra. lol

With Joe, I get the speculation, since the reports about his character actually perfectly match what we knew about Billy, but literally nothing was stated about Miles' character so far. He was reported alongside a bunch of other names of actors who played minor roles in WandaVision and are returning, so for all we know, he could just be another neighbor with a small role.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I could *maybe* see Teddy if he bulked up a lot. Besides, they seemed to have changed his sport of choice to soccer if that casting call was accurate to what they end up going with in the show, and soccer players aren't as bulky as football players are. I also wasn't exactly the biggest fan of his character or performance on The Wilds so hopefully if he is Teddy, he changes my mind. That being said, he could always just be, and I hate to say this, an OC bf of Billy's made for the MCU because they aren't ready to do Teddy yet :/. I think best case scenario, if he is Teddy, they got him on that MCU workout regimen. If not, maybe a friend of Billy's or even like I said, starter civilian bf before he meets Teddy (which I don't like, but what can you do when the MCU wants to be annoying :////)
    Giving him an OC boyfriend is so.... Like, why even bother when you know that everyone expects him to be with Teddy eventually? It's just setting up this character for failure. Unless that's exactly the point and this new love interest is there just to be killed off by the witches or something like that. I just wish they wouldn't waste time on that, tbh.

And as for him bulking up for the role... would there even be time for that when shooting starts just next week? Unless he HAS been bulkling up for a while now (and IDK how much he could've considered Joe was cast just two months ago, so I'm assuming whoever plays his love interest was also cast around that time). If he's Teddy, I fear we're really just getting a twinkified version of him. lol

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I feel all this speculation about Teddy showing up in Agatha is similar to all those rumours about him being in Wandavision, I get the impression scoopers just saw the casting call for Tyler/Billy boyfriend and instantly assumed it must be Teddy by default when it's probably just some regular guy they added so they could easily communicate to the audience that Tyler/Billy is gay.

MCU tends to be very conservative with how it goes about adding characters and concepts in way that's easily digestible to non-comic fans, sure Billy coming in already dating a Kree/Skrull alien prince might be expected to to a fan whose already familiar with the comics but to a regular viewer it would all seem completely out of place and at odds with the rest of the shows more magical focus.

I feel Agatha going to be more occupied simply explaining to audiences how Wanda's kids are even alive again.

Still think he's going to debut in Secret Invasion, even if it's something minor like Eli, as it fits more naturally and require a lot less exposition.
    While I'm not totally convinced the new actor is playing Teddy specifically, I don't think the speculation about Teddy being on that show is unfounded when the casting call specifically mentioned that the love interest was a buff, romantic jock with a kind soul. I think most people read that and imagine Teddy, and they're not wrong for it, because why would they think of anyone else? Creating an OC that checks all of those boxes and is not Teddy would be weirder to me. I also don't think Teddy being there require anything about the Kree/Skrulls being mentioned. He could play exactly the role you're suggesting while still being Teddy. We don't need to know everything about his life in his first appearance.

While I'm not totally convinced the new actor is playing Teddy specifically, I don't think the speculation about Teddy being on that show is unfounded when the casting call specifically mentioned that the love interest was a buff, romantic jock with a kind soul. I think most people read that and imagine Teddy, and they're not wrong for it, because why would they think of anyone else? Creating an OC that checks all of those boxes and is not Teddy would be weirder to me. I also don't think Teddy being there require anything about the Kree/Skrulls being mentioned. He could play exactly the role you're suggesting while still being Teddy. We don't need to know everything about his life in his first appearance.
    It's a pretty standard set of traits you could find on any number of love interests, these casting calls tend to be vague and generic on purpose so I've never read too much into them, Billy having some temporary BF doesn't seem weird as people dating more than one person in their life happens.

I'd hope Teddy's MCU debut would be more about setting up his own character rather than just being "Billy boyfriend" because lord knows he's been stuck as a Satellite Love Interest long enough in the comics, if they feel his existence relies solely on his relation to Billy in a supporting role to him and trumps anything to do with his alien or royal lineage that they can come later than that doesn't bode well for his future.

Can't completely tell if I'm in denial about it or that we've had so many incidents like this in the past where people speculated actor x was playing character y or so and so was going to show up only for it all to amount to nothing in the end and again Teddy debuting on Agatha seeming at odds with Marvel "One thing at a time" approach to how they tell there stories.

If he's a no show in Secret Invasion and/or The Marvels I guess I'll have start believing it because if not there then where else?

If they are keeping Teddy's history as a Kree/Skrull then I would think he would appear in either Secret Invasion or the less likely appearance in The Marvels. I say less likely because despite being Mar-Vell's son they usually lean more towards Teddy's Skrull half, and I just don't think he'd be a focus with Carol, Monica, and Kamala as the stars. I still wonder how they'd market him as "Hulkling" because again he's not a Hulk character. And with so many rumors about other Hulks appearing together in the future it just might be confusing for casual audiences. I cannot stress enough how I wish Teddy had adopted a new identity by now.

Truthfully I'm just wondering how the MCU Young Avengers/Champions/Academy would even look like. Because with some of these rumors I'm starting to wonder if they really are building to it or gonna use the characters in other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    If they are keeping Teddy's history as a Kree/Skrull then I would think he would appear in either Secret Invasion or the less likely appearance in The Marvels. I say less likely because despite being Mar-Vell's son they usually lean more towards Teddy's Skrull half, and I just don't think he'd be a focus with Carol, Monica, and Kamala as the stars. I still wonder how they'd market him as "Hulkling" because again he's not a Hulk character. And with so many rumors about other Hulks appearing together in the future it just might be confusing for casual audiences. I cannot stress enough how I wish Teddy had adopted a new identity by now.

Truthfully I'm just wondering how the MCU Young Avengers/Champions/Academy would even look like. Because with some of these rumors I'm starting to wonder if they really are building to it or gonna use the characters in other projects.
    I think that's my biggest concern because if he's debuting in Agatha and not Secret Invasion/The Marvels, two projects centred around Skrulls and Kree, then it seems more likely they've changed his origins entirely... Oh dear they're going to Kamala him and make him a mutant aren't they?

It'd be real a loss as being Kree/Skrull has always been such a big part of Teddy's character (if not Hulkling then have him go by his royal title of Dorrek) and him eventually helping to bring peace between the two warring races was his big moment in the comics.

Billy gets to have a more or less faithful adaption but Teddy has to seemingly be entirely reworked just so he can play the role of Cute Gay Boyfriend easier? I know the MCU probably eager to have a queer couple they can parade out so they can ward off some of the crististism they've been getting over there poor representation so far but I just hope Teddy character isn't being sacrificed just so they can get to it quicker.

Considering how most of Yoing Avengers actors will be in their mid 20's by the time they start filming a project I'm starting to think it'll be more of Kate Bishop lead West Coast Avengers situation.
    Last edited by walk; 01-15-2023 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post

MCU Teddy can't be Mar-Vell's son. Not only was he turned into a woman, she died in the 90s. And Teddy clearly won't be over 30 years old. So that already needs changing (personally I'd say Mar-Vell did have a son, but it's Genis, and Teddy is HIS son - then the Skrull half of his origin can be kept intact).

But, could we have already seen him? Skaar, son of Hulk, appeared at the end of She-Hulk. But why would Bruce's son already be apparently a teenager? Because he isn't really his, and it's Prince Dorrek in disguise. That would explain the Hulkling codename, as he's impersonating a Hulk.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I think that's my biggest concern because if he's debuting in Agatha and not Secret Invasion/The Marvels, two projects centred around Skrulls and Kree, then it seems more likely they've changed his origins entirely... Oh dear they're going to Kamala him and make him a mutant aren't they?

It'd be real a loss as being Kree/Skrull has always been such a big part of Teddy's character (if not Hulkling then have him go by his royal title of Dorrek) and him eventually helping to bring peace between the two warring races was his big moment in the comics.

Billy gets to have a more or less faithful adaption but Teddy has to seemingly be entirely reworked just so he can play the role of Cute Gay Boyfriend easier? I know the MCU probably eager to have a queer couple they can parade out so they can ward off some of the crististism they've been getting over there poor representation so far but I just hope Teddy character isn't being sacrificed just so they can get to it quicker.

Considering how most of Yoing Avengers actors will be in their mid 20's by the time they start filming a project I'm starting to think it'll be more of Kate Bishop lead West Coast Avengers situation.
    The issue with Teddy is that they weren't thinking of him when they made all those lore changes in Captain Marvel. Regardless of whether or not he's going to end up as "Billy's bf" before anything, they already screwed him out of half of his history with what they did to Mar-vell. And I won't go into detail, but spoilers:
    we more or less already know what The Marvel's has in store and Teddy isn't (as of now) a part of that story.
    end of spoilers There's also the issue that Miles was just cast for the role, and if he's Teddy it was probably around the time Joe was cast, so unless Secret Invasion has done secret filming, he probably isn't there either since they finished last year iirc.

There's also the issue that the MCU can't take it's time. By the time they get around to anything resembling Empyre (if at all) they're going to be in their 30s, especially if Marvel starts delaying and spacing projects out more like they're about to do to Agatha.

Teddy doesn't need to sacrifice everything to be Billy's bf in Agatha. He'd show up in 2-3 episodes as Billy's cheerleader and support, then in the finale post credit scene, have him shapeshift or something as an ending stinger. That doesn't take anything away, and adds intrigue for the non comic readers that don't know his history.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    The issue with Teddy is that they weren't thinking of him when they made all those lore changes in Captain Marvel. Regardless of whether or not he's going to end up as "Billy's bf" before anything, they already screwed him out of half of his history with what they did to Mar-vell. And I won't go into detail, but spoilers:
    we more or less already know what The Marvel's has in store and Teddy isn't (as of now) a part of that story.
    end of spoilers There's also the issue that Miles was just cast for the role, and if he's Teddy it was probably around the time Joe was cast, so unless Secret Invasion has done secret filming, he probably isn't there either since they finished last year iirc.

There's also the issue that the MCU can't take it's time. By the time they get around to anything resembling Empyre (if at all) they're going to be in their 30s, especially if Marvel starts delaying and spacing projects out more like they're about to do to Agatha.

Teddy doesn't need to sacrifice everything to be Billy's bf in Agatha. He'd show up in 2-3 episodes as Billy's cheerleader and support, then in the finale post credit scene, have him shapeshift or something as an ending stinger. That doesn't take anything away, and adds intrigue for the non comic readers that don't know his history.
    I don't think being Mar-Vel son is as essential to Teddy his dad just needs to be a heroic Kree man who stood against their imperialism and zenoboia and tried to prove peace between the two races was a possibility.

As others have suggested MCU Mar-Vel could be his grandmother with her son (possibly Genis) carrying on her work with the Skrulls after she's gone and eventually fathering Teddy with Anelle.

Again while Internet scoopers are a persistent bunch they don't get things 100% right most of time and have been wrong plenty of times about this stuff in the past.

Like I said most of these actors are already in their 20s the idea of the MCU Young Avengers being portrayed as group of scrappy teen sidekicks is probably DOA and instead it'll be a straight-up next generation of heroes deal. A Teddy in his late 30's whose had his adventures and is now retiring from superheroics with his husband to form Empyre having finally fulfilled his family dream of bringing peace between the Kree and Skrulls feels like end of a story anyway.

Again considering all the other Young Avengers are being set-up in their "home series" Cassie in the Antman movies, Kate in Hawkeye...etc or at least introduced in a way that puts the spotlight on them America in MoM. That Teddy seemingly being introduced away from two projects where he'd fit more naturally and not as potential new hero but just as someone boyfriend is worrisome as it suggests the MCU feel it's more important that he function as Billy's love interest first and foremost before having any sort of character arc of his own.
    Last edited by walk; 01-16-2023 at 05:04 AM.