Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Miles Gutierrez-Riley reportedly joined the cast of Agatha: Coven Of Chaos and he's the only young male actor reported to be on the show besides Joe Locke so far, so naturally, people are speculating he is playing the other gay character from the casting calls, who is potentially Teddy.

The one thing that makes me think he might not be it's the fact that he looks too much like a twink and not like the jock, buff type they were looking for in the casting call. Maybe they changed their minds on what the love interest was going to be, though.
    Remember AGES ago when some guy on Instagram leaked that he was gonna be on WandaVision?
    And the internet went into an uproar about "OMG WHO IS HE PLAYING? HE'S CUTE SO IT MUST BE TEDDY"
    And then it turned out he was just an extra, playing a neighbor unpacking a vehicle in the background when Monica and Wanda hash it out and Monica does her superhero landing.

I think a lot of y’all are jumping the gun with both Billy & Teddy casting, when WandaVision was filming they kept Julien & Jett on lock as Billy & Tommy yeah we all suspected the twins would age up but we had no idea who would be playing them I feel they would do the same thing with Teddy & OR a new Billy it would be a closely kept secret, especially now since the twins are “dead”

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I don't think being Mar-Vel son is as essential to Teddy his dad just needs to be a heroic Kree man who stood against their imperialism and zenoboia and tried to prove peace between the two races was a possibility.

As others have suggested MCU Mar-Vel could be his grandmother with her son (possibly Genis) carrying on her work with the Skrulls after she's gone and eventually fathering Teddy with Anelle.

Again while Internet scoopers are a persistent bunch they don't get things 100% right most of time and have been wrong plenty of times about this stuff in the past.

Like I said most of these actors are already in their 20s the idea of the MCU Young Avengers being portrayed as group of scrappy teen sidekicks is probably DOA and instead it'll be a straight-up next generation of heroes deal. A Teddy in his late 30's whose had his adventures and is now retiring from superheroics with his husband to form Empyre having finally fulfilled his family dream of bringing peace between the Kree and Skrulls feels like end of a story anyway.

Again considering all the other Young Avengers are being set-up in their "home series" Cassie in the Antman movies, Kate in Hawkeye...etc or at least introduced in a way that puts the spotlight on them America in MoM. That Teddy seemingly being introduced away from two projects where he'd fit more naturally and not as potential new hero but just as someone boyfriend is worrisome as it suggests the MCU feel it's more important that he function as Billy's love interest first and foremost before having any sort of character arc of his own.
    I agree with a lot of this. It's why I don't think we're getting a traditional "Young Avengers" team. They aren't scrappy teenagers. They could splinter the team off into other groups. I can see Wiccan joining a Doctor Strange mystic style group or if Teddy arrives join him on a cosmic journey. Kate and Cassie are young adults same age as Spider-Man and have options. Kate can easily be part of street level crime fighting solo or join a traditional Avengers team. Cassie as Stinger could be Ant-Man's partner the only hurdle is she has to fight Wasp for that placement, and Wasp has not been handled that well imo. I'd hate for that to happen to Cassie too. I'm selfishly crossing my fingers Hope is a Skrull, so Cassie can take the sidekick/partner spot. But yeah, There's a good chance they just make the YA the next generation of Avengers and not even a team together. I could see them doing a nod to them similar to A-Force in Endgame but there's a good chance they don't team up. I hope I'm wrong and just being a worrywart, I love this team. Regardless I'm at least happy that 90% of them have appeared in live action now.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I agree with a lot of this. It's why I don't think we're getting a traditional "Young Avengers" team. They aren't scrappy teenagers. They could splinter the team off into other groups. I can see Wiccan joining a Doctor Strange mystic style group or if Teddy arrives join him on a cosmic journey. Kate and Cassie are young adults same age as Spider-Man and have options. Kate can easily be part of street level crime fighting solo or join a traditional Avengers team. Cassie as Stinger could be Ant-Man's partner the only hurdle is she has to fight Wasp for that placement, and Wasp has not been handled that well imo. I'd hate for that to happen to Cassie too. I'm selfishly crossing my fingers Hope is a Skrull, so Cassie can take the sidekick/partner spot. But yeah, There's a good chance they just make the YA the next generation of Avengers and not even a team together. I could see them doing a nod to them similar to A-Force in Endgame but there's a good chance they don't team up. I hope I'm wrong and just being a worrywart, I love this team. Regardless I'm at least happy that 90% of them have appeared in live action now.
    That would be a twist .

Yeah. You'd expect it to be Hank, because he turned out to be a Skrull in the comics (in Secret Invasion, of course).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Like I said most of these actors are already in their 20s the idea of the MCU Young Avengers being portrayed as group of scrappy teen sidekicks is probably DOA and instead it'll be a straight-up next generation of heroes deal. A Teddy in his late 30's whose had his adventures and is now retiring from superheroics with his husband to form Empyre having finally fulfilled his family dream of bringing peace between the Kree and Skrulls feels like end of a story anyway.

Again considering all the other Young Avengers are being set-up in their "home series" Cassie in the Antman movies, Kate in Hawkeye...etc or at least introduced in a way that puts the spotlight on them America in MoM. That Teddy seemingly being introduced away from two projects where he'd fit more naturally and not as potential new hero but just as someone boyfriend is worrisome as it suggests the MCU feel it's more important that he function as Billy's love interest first and foremost before having any sort of character arc of his own.
    I take Teddy being introduced as Billy's boyfriend over what they're doing with America, 'cause not only she was not introduced in her ''home franchise'', but they actually hurt her character by turning her into something she's not, specially if recent rumors are to be believed. Teddy being Billy's boyfriend doesn't harm him in the same way, at least, because it's not too far away from his actual character. If he was introduced in Secret Invasion or The Marvels just to become to Carol Danvers or Nick Fury what America became to Doctor Strange? That would be worse.

And not all Young Avengers had a big set up. Eli was just introduced as Isaiah Bradley's grandson, with no big role and no suggestion he was gonna be more than that. There was also no announcement for his return in the Captain America 4 movie, even though Isaiah was reported to be returning. We're just gonna have to accept that not every Young Avenger is going to have a big story before the actual YA project they do, which is not necessarily a bad thing, because it means they could take the spotlight when that time comes to tell their stories.

And for the record, when we had that casting call for Hulkling in 2020 (which was reportedly linked to WandaVision), he was described as a Skrull refugee who needed help from S.W.O.R.D.. It wasn't random that he was involved in a show like that. Even then they had a clear background plan and direction for him that went beyond just being Billy's boyfriend. Assuming they still have that understanding of the character, there is no reason to believe they would suddenly not see the potential in that anymore. We're just gonna have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think a lot of y’all are jumping the gun with both Billy & Teddy casting, when WandaVision was filming they kept Julien & Jett on lock as Billy & Tommy yeah we all suspected the twins would age up but we had no idea who would be playing them I feel they would do the same thing with Teddy & OR a new Billy it would be a closely kept secret, especially now since the twins are “dead”
    I agree we have no room to speculate about Teddy right now, but Billy is different. Billy and Tommy Maximoff had a small enough role in WandaVision that their casting was easy enough to keep hidden. Nobody really cares about child actors that much anyway. If Billy Kaplan is the male lead of Coven Of Chaos like it's been reported since the first casting call from last year, then it's a lot less likely that Joe Locke being cast as the male lead is just a coincidence, specially when his character has been described with the same details as the ones we had in the casting call. Sometimes the right answer is the simplest one.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-16-2023 at 07:01 PM.

I simply choose to hope cause I think Joe Lock is heinous potential casting for Billy for many reasons. That aside I doubt this twink is playing Teddy let’s be serious.

All the rumors of who will play who is destroying me. I just want to know who's who in the MCU version. I also wonder if Billy and Teddy will have their own chucks when they debut. It's a requirement now!

I take Teddy being introduced as Billy's boyfriend over what they're doing with America, 'cause not only she was not introduced in her ''home franchise'', but they actually hurt her character by turning her into something she's not, specially if recent rumors are to be believed. Teddy being Billy's boyfriend doesn't harm him in the same way, at least, because it's not too far away from his actual character. If he was introduced in Secret Invasion or The Marvels just to become to Carol Danvers or Nick Fury what America became to Doctor Strange? That would be worse.

And not all Young Avengers had a big set up. Eli was just introduced as Isaiah Bradley's grandson, with no big role and no suggestion he was gonna be more than that. There was also no announcement for his return in the Captain America 4 movie, even though Isaiah was reported to be returning. We're just gonna have to accept that not every Young Avenger is going to have a big story before the actual YA project they do, which is not necessarily a bad thing, because it means they could take the spotlight when that time comes to tell their stories.

And for the record, when we had that casting call for Hulkling in 2020 (which was reportedly linked to WandaVision), he was described as a Skrull refugee who needed help from S.W.O.R.D.. It wasn't random that he was involved in a show like that. Even then they had a clear background plan and direction for him that went beyond just being Billy's boyfriend. Assuming they still have that understanding of the character, there is no reason to believe they would suddenly not see the potential in that anymore. We're just gonna have to wait and see.
    So for the sake of comparison to what your suggesting in regards to Teddy a scenario where America was introduced as Kate's girlfriend in Hawkeye but didn't have much of a role in the actual story and maybe only the vaguest hint that there might be more to her would've been a better introduction? Whatever script issues MoM had (and they went beyond Chavez) it still established her powers, her general character and set-up her arc of reuniting with her moms going forward so I can't say I agree with you're perspective that it hurt her all that much, it's a false equivalence anyway just because MoM had characterization issues doesn't mean the same would be true for Teddy in Secret Invasion/The Marvels.

While FATWS might not have developed Eli directly I'd argue they established the legacy and importance of him eventually becoming Patriot by highlighting Isaiah's tragic story and considering how much of his arc ties back to his grandfather it was kind of essential. Also it's a bit early to suggest he won't be in Captain America 4, they haven't even begun filming.

Being Billy boyfriend might be true to Teddy's character but so's the fact that he's an alien prince who has this a great cosmic destiny a head of him and I know which one I'd like highlighted first. And honestly their relationship will only play stronger if it feels like a union of two equals rather than one being framed as an extension of the other right off the bat, heck establishing them separately at first and then letting us see them meet and fall in love would only make the whole thing more impactful.
    Last edited by walk; 01-16-2023 at 10:29 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Solo Cassie poster for Quantumania!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    All the rumors of who will play who is destroying me. I just want to know who's who in the MCU version.
    It's been the worst part about the way they've been adapting the Young Avengers in the MCU. I wish they had gotten introduced as a team from the get go like in the comics so we could've had all the announcements at the same time instead of this waiting game.

So for the sake of comparison to what your suggesting in regards to Teddy a scenario where America was introduced as Kate's girlfriend in Hawkeye but didn't have much of a role in the actual story and maybe only the vaguest hint that there might be more to her would've been a better introduction? Whatever script issues MoM had (and they went beyond Chavez) it still established her powers, her general character and set-up her arc of reuniting with her moms going forward so I can't say I agree with you're perspective that it hurt her all that much, it's a false equivalence anyway just because MoM had characterization issues doesn't mean the same would be true for Teddy in Secret Invasion/The Marvels.
    That's not a good comparison because America was never Kate's girlfriend. Teddy actually IS Billy's boyfriend. That IS a part of his character story. America being some innocent, inexperienced girl who needs to be protected by Doctor Strange and become some sort of sorcerer's apprentice was not a part of her character story, and was not a good introduction to the character people actually loved in Young Avengers. That's the point I'm making here. If Teddy was to be introduced in a similar manner in The Marvels or Secret Invasion, I wouldn't have a reason to believe they're doing a good adaptation of the character I care about. Teddy being introduced as Billy's boyfriend wouldn't give me any reason to believe they don't understand the character, because again, that is a part of his story. I'm just saying that having a big role doesn't translate into having a good role, so I have no reason to believe him being introduced in TM/SI is inherently better than him being introduced in Coven Of Chaos.

To use another example: if America had a small role in the Loki show, teasing her meeting Kid Loki and their frenemy-like relationship that would eventually lead to them meeting the Young Avengers, that would've been 10x more exciting for me than what we got in Doctor Strange 2.

While FATWS might not have developed Eli directly I'd argue they established the legacy and importance of him eventually becoming Patriot by highlighting Isaiah's tragic story and considering how much of his arc ties back to his grandfather it was kind of essential. Also it's a bit early to suggest he won't be in Captain America 4, they haven't even begun filming.
    If it's too early to make assumptions about Captain America 4, then it's also too early to assume everything the Agatha show could or could not do. At the end of the day, we don't really know everything that's gonna happen. There are some threads from WandaVision that were left unanswered, like for example, who was the witness that Jimmy Woo was looking for. A lot of fans speculated that was Teddy at the time, specially with the casting call mentioning a male teen Skrull refugee needing protection from S.W.O.R.D.. So who knows? They could finally follow up on that. Him having a smaller, supporting role doesn't mean they can't do a proper set up for his cosmic story. It's pretty much what they did to Monica Rambeau in WandaVision.

Being Billy boyfriend might be true to Teddy's character but so's the fact that he's an alien prince who has this a great cosmic destiny a head of him and I know which one I'd like highlighted first. And honestly their relationship will only play stronger if it feels like a union of two equals rather than one being framed as an extension of the other right off the bat, heck establishing them separately at first and then letting us see them meet and fall in love would only make the whole thing more impactful.
    For me, it doesn't really matter in which order they highlight things as long as they do it right. Not even the comics bothered to do that. Billy and Teddy were pretty much introduced as a package deal from their very first issue, and have been mostly together ever since, so them being introduced as a couple in the MCU is no more shocking than Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman being introduced together. That's just the price you pay when a romantic relationship is such an intrinsic part of a character's story.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-17-2023 at 06:56 PM.

It's been the worst part about the way they've been adapting the Young Avengers in the MCU. I wish they had gotten introduced as a team from the get go like in the comics so we could've had all the announcements at the same time instead of this waiting game.
    Arrrrgh! The wait for Quantumania is also destroying me. I know it's next month but it feels like a year away. So many trailers, posters, teasers! I just want to see the movie already! Give me my Cassie! I have patiently waited for this since the first Ant-Man movie. Salivating at the idea of them using Scott Lang because it meant Cassie! I can see the finish line at the end of this marathon I've been running since 2015. The end goal is in sight and it's always the last stretch that is the hardest. I even considered just going offline until the movie since every teaser makes me more impatient. But that would be too many weeks without any news. Please be good, Quantumania! Please give justice to my girl!

That's not a good comparison because America was never Kate's girlfriend. Teddy actually IS Billy's boyfriend. That IS a part of his character story. America being some innocent, inexperienced girl who needs to be protected by Doctor Strange and become some sort of sorcerer's apprentice was not a part of her character story, and was not a good introduction to the character people actually loved in Young Avengers. That's the point I'm making here. If Teddy was to be introduced in a similar manner in The Marvels or Secret Invasion, I wouldn't have a reason to believe they're doing a good adaptation of the character I care about. Teddy being introduced as Billy's boyfriend wouldn't give me any reason to believe they don't understand the character, because again, that is a part of his story. I'm just saying that having a big role doesn't translate into having a good role, so I have no reason to believe him being introduced in TM/SI is inherently better than him being introduced in Coven Of Chaos.

To use another example: if America had a small role in the Loki show, teasing her meeting Kid Loki and their frenemy-like relationship that would eventually lead to them meeting the Young Avengers, that would've been 10x more exciting for me than what we got in Doctor Strange 2.

If it's too early to make assumptions about Captain America 4, then it's also too early to assume everything the Agatha show could or could not do. At the end of the day, we don't really know everything that's gonna happen. There are some threads from WandaVision that were left unanswered, like for example, who was the witness that Jimmy Woo was looking for. A lot of fans speculated that was Teddy at the time, specially with the casting call mentioning a male teen Skrull refugee needing protection from S.W.O.R.D.. So who knows? They could finally follow up on that. Him having a smaller, supporting role doesn't mean they can't do a proper set up for his cosmic story. It's pretty much what they did to Monica Rambeau in WandaVision.

For me, it doesn't really matter in which order they highlight things as long as they do it right. Not even the comics bothered to do that. Billy and Teddy were pretty much introduced as a package deal from their very first issue, and have been mostly together ever since, so them being introduced as a couple in the MCU is no more shocking than Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman being introduced together. That's just the price you pay when a romantic relationship is such an intrinsic part of a character's story.

Well as I pointed out your whole "America was done bad in MoM therefore Teddy will be done bad in Secret Invasion/The Marvels" was a bizarre take to make in the first place.

I think the issue here is even though you freely admit to not knowing anything yourself you're being weirdly hostile towards anyone else speculating or at least not in a way you agree with, maybe that's just an offshoot of being one of the few voices on this thread for so long?

While Billy and Teddy being a "packaged deal" might be true to the comics that doesn't necessarily make it a good thing as for the longest time it wasn't an equal pairing and definitely stunted Teddy in way it didn't Billy so it's actually an area the MCU could improve upon, not all changes from the source material are inherently bad, so the possibility their union might be starting on a similar note in Agatha is not encouraging.

I still remember when the Empyre trailers dropped and the Youtube comments were just "Finally they're letting Hulkling actually do something other than being Wiccan's boyfriend" And when even the straights realise your gay power power couple has writing issues you know it's bad lol.
    Last edited by walk; 01-17-2023 at 10:24 PM.

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...36938714337284

Well it seems Grace may have just broke this tie-breaker.

No offense to Miles Gutierrez-Riley but can't deny I'm not relieved, I'm ok with Teddy being played by a PoC but nothing in any of the interviews or clips I saw him in read as Teddy so his supposed casting was concerning, I guess it's just as well as I'll probably be more open to whoever they do end up casting in the end, man even I'm starting to believe those Kit Connor rumours.

Guess I'll continue to keep an eye out for that Secret Invasion release date and really I think we should all hope Teddy debuting there or The Marvels because unlike Agatha (which is rumored for 2025) they're actually coming out this year and I know I don't want to spend the next two years to continue waiting and speculating for our favorite green boy to show up.
    Last edited by walk; 01-18-2023 at 12:01 AM.

If we truly must suffer through basic Joe Locke as Billy they will not cast Kit Connor as Teddy Marvel is not about to deal with the Heartstopper BS with their main Gay couple

Incredible Member

If I were Kit Conner's position I probably wouldn't want to play Teddy either.