Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Well as I pointed out your whole "America was done bad in MoM therefore Teddy will be done bad in Secret Invasion/The Marvels" was a bizarre take to make in the first place.
    I said I would prefer Teddy not being treated like America, not that he would be treated like her for sure. Like most things we're discussing here, it's just a hypothetical situation. My whole point is that it doesn't matter where he is going to be introduced, but how. He could appear anywhere and I wouldn't oppose it as long as I feel they are doing him justice.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...36938714337284

Well it seems Grace may have just broke this tie-breaker.

No offense to Miles Gutierrez-Riley but can't deny I'm not relieved, I'm ok with Teddy being played by a PoC but nothing in any of the interviews or clips I saw him in read as Teddy so his supposed casting was concerning, I guess it's just as well as I'll probably be more open to whoever they do end up casting in the end, man even I'm starting to believe those Kit Connor rumours.

Guess I'll continue to keep an eye out for that Secret Invasion release date and really I think we should all hope Teddy debuting there or The Marvels because unlike Agatha (which is rumored for 2025) they're actually coming out this year and I know I don't want to spend the next two years to continue waiting and speculating for our favorite green boy to show up.
    Grace can be very hit or miss with her scoops, but she's been nailing some stuff recently, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

She said it in a previous edit of her tweet (and also said it in a video) that Miles is playing a love interest for Billy before Teddy, and I just have to wonder if this is still the ''Patrick'' character from the casting call or someone else, because Miles does not fit that character description. And if he's not, then what the hell happened to that character? Them giving up on introducing Teddy for a second time would just feel like trolling at this point, unless he is for sure in something else, but at this point, with not even a single rumor about him appearing anywhere, I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If we truly must suffer through basic Joe Locke as Billy they will not cast Kit Connor as Teddy Marvel is not about to deal with the Heartstopper BS with their main Gay couple
    Let's be real: they already opened the Heartstopper gates by casting Joe Locke. At this point it doesn't really matter if they cast Kit or not. That fandom is already becoming one with the MCU.

I didn't think it'd be Kit for the longest time because after they cast Joe Locke I figured Marvel would find it too on the nose to cast both stars of Heartstopper and that the actors themselves not wanting to be typecast together but if Teddy debut is a post-credit situation it makes sense, like Starfox, Clea and Hercules people might not know the characters but they are familiar with the actors and while the reveal of Hulking by himself might not generate headlines "Young rising star and Emmy winner Kit Conner from the smash hit Netflix show Heartstopper joins the MCU" would.

Plus he's been working out like crazy, hinted at a secret upcoming project, has openly expressed interest in being in a Marvel movie and his co-star Olivia Coleman is actually in Secret Invasion and they do say in Hollywood it's who you know, it's all circumstantial but I wouldn't be shocked.

Speaking of Secret Invasion I'm starting to think the reason Teddy's casting seemingly being hidden so hard is because he is the central thing being fought over in the series and it's meant be a reveal, it's mentioned in Far Away from Home that there are sleeper Kree agent on Earth and Bron-Char (a member of Carol old squad Starforce) is listed as one of the cast so it seems the Kree will also be present, the rogue Skrull sect want to find the lost crowned prince so they can turn him into a figurehead who they can use to unite their divided forces behind, the Kree want to find and kill him before that can happen and Fury who may have been the one to hide him on Earth in the first place wants to keep him safe and avoid kickstarting an intergalactic war.

I also saw a rumour about Jack Champion (guy who played Spider in Avatar 2) who was actually in Endgame, the kid on the bike Scott run's into at the start after getting out of the quantum realm, which I'd kind of love just so they can retroactively say Teddy was there the whole time and we just didn't know.

It also rumoured Daniela Melchior is playing Phyla-Vell in Guardians 3 and I'm wondering if true will the MCU keep their relationship as siblings, probably not as it's barely acknowledged in the comics.
    Last edited by walk; 01-18-2023 at 08:28 PM.

Definitely not, because Mar-Vell won't be Teddy's Dad here. If they use Genis as Teddy's father, then Teddy would be Phyla's nephew. The alternative would be to use a random Kree, which would make him unrelated to Phyla.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just wanted to drop this video off that was released by Marvel Entertainments Youtube channel that features the Pym Particles heroes including Cassie/Stature/Stinger. The Young Avengers got a shout out too which I loved. The video is also correct, Cassie stole the spotlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFp2...L&index=1&t=2s

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Definitely not, because Mar-Vell won't be Teddy's Dad here. If they use Genis as Teddy's father, then Teddy would be Phyla's nephew. The alternative would be to use a random Kree, which would make him unrelated to Phyla.
    It'll be interesting to see if Phyla remains Mar-Vel daughter in the MCU, they could have it so like Teddy she's a grandchild and they share the same Kree dad.

I'm kind of interested in how they'll explain her powers as she'll likely be made full Kree instead o being half Titan like in the Guardianscartoon, maybe the idea that the Kree attempted to recreate the accident that gave Carol her powers on a bunch prisoners and she's one of the only surviors who escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Depending on how old Phyla is going to be, they could also say she is a child of Genis, which would still make her Teddy's sibling. Anyway, I do think Genis and Phyla will still be Vells in the MCU in some way because it's literally a part of their names and it's kinda harder to disassociate them from that. With Teddy, things are more unclear. I do hope he is still a Vell in the MCU, though, as I would like him to still have a reason to interact with those characters eventually. Maybe in this universe his parents can even stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I just wanted to drop this video off that was released by Marvel Entertainments Youtube channel that features the Pym Particles heroes including Cassie/Stature/Stinger. The Young Avengers got a shout out too which I loved. The video is also correct, Cassie stole the spotlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFp2...L&index=1&t=2s
    Nice art and video, but it's odd how they used Gillen's roster to talk about Cassie being with the YA when she wasn't even a part of that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Nice art and video, but it's odd how they used Gillen's roster to talk about Cassie being with the YA when she wasn't even a part of that team.
    They probably just heard she was on the YA team but didn't research which one, she wasn't Stinger as a YA either. I didn't mind the error because the art was great and any exposure to Young Avengers I consider a win, given it's a rather obscure team in the grander Marvel scale.

Speaking of the art, anyone wishing we had gotten a Young Avengers animated series? I think it would have been perfect for the team, get them exposure and more fans before MCU debuts, and they would have more time and freedom to flesh them out.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Can't help but tinfoil hat myself into thinking it's cause they can't use Eli once again. But more than likely, I'm sure the Vol 2 team is technically more recent so they probably just went with that. Cause Tommy isn't featured as well (poor him lmaooo).

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    They probably just heard she was on the YA team but didn't research which one, she wasn't Stinger as a YA either. I didn't mind the error because the art was great and any exposure to Young Avengers I consider a win, given it's a rather obscure team in the grander Marvel scale.

Speaking of the art, anyone wishing we had gotten a Young Avengers animated series? I think it would have been perfect for the team, get them exposure and more fans before MCU debuts, and they would have more time and freedom to flesh them out.
    I'd love a YA cartoon but not sure if DisMarvel could deliver on it.

Incredible Member

Considering they canceled the second season of Spiderman Freshman year in the middle of production we are probably not going to get any new Marvel Cartoons put in production.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Can't help but tinfoil hat myself into thinking it's cause they can't use Eli once again. But more than likely, I'm sure the Vol 2 team is technically more recent so they probably just went with that. Cause Tommy isn't featured as well (poor him lmaooo).
    Okay why is Eli not available again?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Okay why is Eli not available again?
    Nothing's been confirmed, it's just that Anthony Oliveira said Eli wasn't among the characters he was allowed to use on his Young Avengers arc for Marvel's Voices: Infinity Comic, even though he pretty much used everybody else, so now we're back to wonder if there's some editorial issue behind him disappearing with no explanation again, since that's pretty much what happened after Avengers: The Children's Crusade.

So there is a huge leak going around about an alleged transcript of the entire Quantumania movie, and while I have been trying to avoid it for the most part, I ended up getting spoiled on the post-credit scene.

spoilers:
    Cassie allegedly stumbles upon an Avengers Failsafe Program.
    end of spoilers

I'm not sure if that's exactly the name used for it in the script, as I haven't personally seen it, but it's the name I'm seeing people use to describe it, so... If it's really it, then that obviously has some huge implications for the Young Avengers. At least I hope so, 'cause I don't know why they would use Cassie for a scene like this otherwise. It could also explain that OTHER scoop we got for Vision Quest recently.

Also, Bleeding Cool posted about how they hear Marvel is rushing to print new Young Avengers trades soon. Reportedly, they're selling out fast, prices are going up, and Marvel is expecting it to sell more soon. The website wonders why this sudden demand. I suspect it might be just because of Quantumania coming soon, but it is an interesting timing, specially with this latest leak.

I just hope the comics capitalize on it by, you know, giving us a new book instead of just reprinting old ****. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-22-2023 at 07:15 AM.

I'm sure they will, characters in movies usually get something (the current Wasp mini probably counts for Quantumania, though it only stars Janet and Nadia, the latter being Hope's counterpart). However, I would expect to see some ex-Champions integrated into the YAs - at least Viv and Riri (who would probably be replacing Jonas and Iron Lad in any adaptation on screen).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well it's a good thing I got my Young Avengers Omnibus before they got too expensive and sold out, lol. But that's good news that they are in high demand as it could lead to great things for the team, provided it's true. I'm sure many want to read up on them with so many hints for them in the MCU.

spoilers:
    As for the spoiler leak, I haven't seen it and have no desire to with my own eyes but if it's true then it's more good news for the YA, because as Venus said, why use Cassie for the Avengers failsafe program which set up the team in the first place? The Young Avengers are really the main thing I'm looking forward to in the MCU, with some excitement for Thunderbolts and F4, so they need to deliver on this and be good. Please be good!
    end of spoilers

But mainly I'm hoping this finally leads to a Young Avengers volume 3. Plus this could give Stinger her chucks which needs to happen. Please let this all lead to good things for the Young Avengers!