Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Vanessa Silver Swan?
    Does Silver Swan make regular appearances in comics? One thing Cassie needs for more storylines is a arch enemy for her to beat up!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I was just "wondering" something recently. A question for all the thread. Who would you consider the closest thing Cassie has to a arch nemesis as Wonder Girl, if she had one at all? Like who would you say was her most hated enemy or one she clashed with many times were it got personal?
    Well, Superboy-Prime got really personal. Cassie and Conner vs Superboy-Prime was some... intense combat. But that was more a Superboy thing than a Wonder Girl thing. It was personal more because SBP wanted to kill Conner and Cassie felt the need to do something about that.. and also SBP tried the approach of "attack a man's girlfriend to lure him into a fight".... Ohhh... boy he definitely got a fight there.

So yeah, intensely personal, but in a "Superboy's fiancé" way.

I was just "wondering" something recently. A question for all the thread. Who would you consider the closest thing Cassie has to a arch nemesis as Wonder Girl, if she had one at all? Like who would you say was her most hated enemy or one she clashed with many times were it got personal?
    I'd pick Devastation. They didn't clash many times, but it was pretty personal since she played on her insecurities.

They also fought a few times in the YJ comics and animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, Superboy-Prime got really personal. Cassie and Conner vs Superboy-Prime was some... intense combat. But that was more a Superboy thing than a Wonder Girl thing. It was personal more because SBP wanted to kill Conner and Cassie felt the need to do something about that.. and also SBP tried the approach of "attack a man's girlfriend to lure him into a fight".... Ohhh... boy he definitely got a fight there.

So yeah, intensely personal, but in a "Superboy's fiancé" way.
    Ooh that's good to hear. Not the evil Superboy trying to kill her thing, but that they had a massive fight! That's something I wanna read for sure as I'm digging into more DC content soon and want to see 'Wonder Girl's best rivalries and battles'

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'd pick Devastation. They didn't clash many times, but it was pretty personal since she played on her insecurities.

They also fought a few times in the YJ comics and animated series.
    Nice! This looks awesome! I really enjoyed the times they battled in the YJ animated series. And I love that iteration of Devastation a lot too. I also want to add I love Cassie's dorky 90's look so much!

Deva's a really good one too

But deva às a character is far more important for what she says about Diana than she is for what she says about Cassie.

To me Cassie should do these 3 things

1 Enhance the idea that she dressed like a tomboy further, by exploring her as someone that doesn't like the idea of gender. Having short wild hair, etc And explore the duality of that and her still being enamored with someone like Wonder Woman whose aesthetic is much less gender non-conforming (while still making great strides in physique)

2 explore the idea of her having being a talented person that used artifacts to enhance that physical talent. Picture Shang-Chi and his martial arts being enhanced by the Ten Rings. She should be the member of the Wonder Family who explores the power of artifacts

3 explore her competitive side in a plot critical manner. She should be the professional athlete of the Wonder family, the one actually competing in other dimensional contests against fantastical creatures. How sports can influence society, but in an epic space fantasy way

Silver Swan definitely engages with some of these themes in an awesome way and should absolutely be a core adversary of Cassie

Does Silver Swan make regular appearances in comics? One thing Cassie needs for more storylines is a arch enemy for her to beat up!
    She's been a little sporadic...but then again, so are most of Diana's Rogues .

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    But deva às a character is far more important for what she says about Diana than she is for what she says about Cassie.

To me Cassie should do these 3 things

1 Enhance the idea that she dressed like a tomboy further, by exploring her as someone that doesn't like the idea of gender. Having short wild hair, etc And explore the duality of that and her still being enamored with someone like Wonder Woman whose aesthetic is much less gender non-conforming (while still making great strides in physique)
    funny thing is that the outfit she was wearing when she was Superboy's girlfriend (AKA the "little clone" story arc) was actually one of the most tomboy-ish ones ever. real simple jeans/T-shirt look.

Cassie showed up in Wonder Woman for two pages. They were both in their late 90s looks (so, Cassie looked the same as her imposter in the Dark Crisis mini), justified by it being a dream.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Unused Cassie designs

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Unused Cassie designs

the first one is a little too grown up and looks more like something she would wear to a museum fund raiser.
    the second one is the best of the three. I like the hood.
    that third one is just plain ugly.

We need more Cassie though. Serious shame she's not appearing any where.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    the first one is a little too grown up and looks more like something she would wear to a museum fund raiser.
    the second one is the best of the three. I like the hood.
    that third one is just plain ugly.

We need more Cassie though. Serious shame she's not appearing any where.
    hmm the third one is like the Silent Armor, but made of spandex.

I like the 2nd one but it also reminds me of New 52 Cassie, which...yeah.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Some slightly different ones by Jim Lee

other ones

I like the ones that are derived from Johns' TT .