Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I love Cassie, but her most recent costume has to go.
    I've hated it since it debuted.

I feel like we won't get a new suit until Cassie gets a stable direction.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I've hated it since it debuted.

I feel like we won't get a new suit until Cassie gets a stable direction.
    And I feel like we wont get a stable direction until a higher up decides that Young Justice is viable as a comic. Wonder Woman's office doesn't seem to be concerned with anyone other than Yara.

Incredible Member

I haven't heard anything about Cassie since the Gail Simone days (lordy...how long ago was that?)

The Nu52 changed her origin right? I saw the costume was very different. And have Cassie and Connor remained an item through all the reboots, or has that too gone bye bye?

Curious what her status quo is these days.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I haven't heard anything about Cassie since the Gail Simone days (lordy...how long ago was that?)

The Nu52 changed her origin right? I saw the costume was very different. And have Cassie and Connor remained an item through all the reboots, or has that too gone bye bye?

They had a fling during new52 but largely have been single since New52 and Rebirth. Their relationship is only spoken about in flashbacks that don't fit all the reboots they've gone through.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

She's been so massivly underused in this series. Maybe now that Gods are a zombie focus, she'll get some good moments.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

New 52's costume was directly tied to her origin, the Silent Armor was supposedly the source of her powers before they reintroduced her relationship to Zeus (though it was changed to granddaughter rather than daughter due to Diana having him as her father at the time - this also changed Cassie from a fangirl into Diana's niece). Her origin is back to being her pre-Flashpoint one now. She's also old enough to have left school, as she was shown having lost a job due to absence in Bendis's YJ, the series which introduced her current look.

With Yara having since taken the Wonder Girl name, they really should give Cassie a new name - one that would of course come with a new, more grown-up, costume. She should be in her 20s by now, some of her pre-Flashpoint suits made her look older than her current one does.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New 52's costume was directly tied to her origin, the Silent Armor was supposedly the source of her powers before they reintroduced her relationship to Zeus (though it was changed to granddaughter rather than daughter due to Diana having him as her father at the time - this also changed Cassie from a fangirl into Diana's niece). Her origin is back to being her pre-Flashpoint one now. She's also old enough to have left school, as she was shown having lost a job due to absence in Bendis's YJ, the series which introduced her current look.

With Yara having since taken the Wonder Girl name, they really should give Cassie a new name - one that would of course come with a new, more grown-up, costume. She should be in her 20s by now, some of her pre-Flashpoint suits made her look older than her current one does.
    Yeah, especially this one: I'd go with mid 20s... at youngest.

That... does NOT... look like a "teen".

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

She's been so massivly underused in this series. Maybe now that Gods are a zombie focus, she'll get some good moments.
    Has she mostly been kissing Damian and being his emotional support...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am glad that the silent armor thing seems to have been forgotten about for the most part. (Although the completist in me really wants closure on that story as to where and why etc....but my practical side says NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let it be!)
    That being said, I dont hate the costume above. Would prefer it without the battle skirt thing but a belt instead. I also agree she needs a new codename. Not that I care for Yara but it does seem we are stuck with her, so Cassie needs something to differentiate her and not taking after auntie Donna. DC cant seem to do anything with the Olympian which could be a good one perhaps?

I recently watched this Youtube video on Wonder Girl's many feats. It was quite entertaining and shows why Cassie is so cool! I need to read some of these runs as some I haven't seen or didn't know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qQOQkYSOQk

Fantastic Member

Was there ever any reason given for why they got rid of her bracelets during this redesign? It didn't make any sense.

Fantastic Member

Man, if only this thread would be bumped because there's actual news... Cassie's doing nothing at all at the moment.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

As far as I know. Her bracelets are just symbols she considered an amazon. They don't give her any real powers. They are just accessions.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Was there ever any reason given for why they got rid of her bracelets during this redesign? It didn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post

Ah yes, this was the scene. "This isn't your daddy's lasso!" This definitely was written saying it's NOT the Lasso Cassie got from Ares. And that font change... it's like a magic incantation. did we ever figure out just what Cassie did to Lycus? And that glow on the lasso... it's NOT lightning! looks like white-hot fire?